Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- aimaad22 - 05-12-2010

Ufff yaaaaaaaar still no word from ANY firm!!! Kia karain??? I applied even in smaller firms but no response. After doing ACCA in less than 3 years I thought my chances would be good. Ab kia itni kum demand ha CA ki keh they wont even call us?? Sad (

Im even taking phone to bathroom these days so I dont miss any potential call. Lol )

- idiot.boy - 05-12-2010

@Aimaad , LOLZZ D .. Man what if ur in bathroom , and AFF guys call u and for sake , they ask u , MAY WE KNOW IN WHAT STATE/CONDITION U ARE IN AT THE MOMENT ?? D .... hahahahahah

kya jawab dayga D ... or agar who os molvi ki call aa gai then D ...... hahahahahahah lolz D

Bathroom ma b yaar teri concentration cell per hoti ha P lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

- aimaad22 - 05-12-2010

Ahahahahahahhahahahahahah lol yar!! Good one.

Well thankfully that wont happen. By the grace of Allah I got the call today, an hour or so ago, for the final interview. Its on Monday. For the first time they've given such a long notice! Now the name of this thread isnt so appropriate )

Yar Im wondering how to prepare for it? Whoever has any experience or tips please let us know!! The fact they've told me with 5 days to go is making me think I should be preparing for it somehow!!

So close to the dream now!! Just one more step to go, may Allah continue blessing our efforts!!

- A.A - 05-13-2010

@idiot.boyThank you.Your words are quite comforting simply because you don't congratulate for passing 4 out of 5.Everyone has been doing that and it does not console you when your expectations are not met regardless of comparisons with your class fellows and friends.And nobody else thinks 6 months is a big deal,even family but I guess failing to judge yourself hurts even more.If I had had an inkling that this would happen because of Audit,I wouldn't have given my Audit past papers to somebody and read books instead of preparing my CV.I marked myself again and I still think I get 50.Pray now that some sort of rechecking can be done.
And thanks again for your prayers.I feel much better today after my long sleep.
And no,ICAP spring results are always announced on the 2nd Tuesday of May and for months CA people knew,it would be on 11th.Firms said that their process would start on 12th.)
Good luck again for AFF!
@bilawalI am from Peshawar and I can't start training now because I am not a graduate.I'll probably do some sort of internship here for a few months..might help in audit and will also be good for CV.I'll probably go to Rafaqat Babar inshallah if there is no change of plans.

- idiot.boy - 05-13-2010

@A.A => What u mean by this ?? " I guess failing to judge yourself hurts even more " ......

Yaar , why are u like betting with ur self ?? Counting numbers after the exam are just like Gambling with Yourself , your hardwork , and the effort which u put in the 3 hours on that piece of paper !! ...

This might be hard to understand for u at this stage and condition , to making it very simple , see , Allah ko yeh cheez pasand nahin ... tumhain sirf apni mehnat per barhoosa hona chahya and duaon per YAKEEN !! ... theak ... bus paper do and wapis aa ker CHILL !! dua kero thats all !!

Now ur getting hurt coz u counted ur numbers ( gambled with ur self ) that u'll be scoring round abt at 56 !! see the factor of EXPECTATION is here !!

Why are u not getting hurt on the prayers you did to pass your CA ??? why on this number's thing ??

Sorry for being harsh yaar , but see yeh bht bht bht galat baat ha kah after paper students come and just dil ko tasali daynay ka liya they count their own numbers , assess themselves and then become happy OHH IM ABOVE 50 MAN !! COOL !! and still they pray , but when the result comes , its a catastrophe...

In my ACCA history, i never ever did this thing.. My friends who did , failed their papers !! i never ever counted numbers or tried to assess my grade etc !! Believe me , in law exam , when i came out , i got this feeling that i will for sure get a TOP position but guess what ?? I FAILED !! and now i beleive i FAILED coz of that FEELING ( GHARROR OR PROUDNESS U CAN SAY )

Maybe yeh baat abhi tumhain samjh nah ay ) but , just an advice , never gamble with ur self )

- idiot.boy - 05-13-2010

@Aimad , HATH OYEEE D Jani chah gayaaaaaaaaa D ... hahah !! im dead sure , tugehy BATHROOM ma hi call ai hogi D sahi sahi batain AFF ki kasam ha D lolzzzzz kya ker raha tha D

kahir , mubarakan !! ... MAN u did it ) 2nd call means UR IN P for sure... waisay 2nd interview ma no technical questions as far as my knowledge is concerned !! .. lets see ..

Anyways best of luck , but meri taraf say aik bht fit and **** advice ... Monday walay din apna mood sahi KHARAB rakhna and go there with GUSA D this will surely help u alot D hahahah lolz

+ ab nah bathroom ma lay ker jain apna cell D lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

- aimaad22 - 05-13-2010

Lol no it came before I was about to have lunch. Thanks a lot bro, but I dont think its a done deal Ive heard of people getting rejected after 2nd interview. Anyway Im not thinking about that, Im praying and thanking Allah for this opportunity and will start to prepare myself by revising standards and reading interview tips etc from the net. I agree probably it wont be too technical but I shouldnt take a chance should I? Better to be safe than sorry.

Haha abay the partner is supposed to be angry not me ) I hope it wont be like the infamous interviews ive heard about where the partners abuse and make fun of you. AFF seem quite professional so im sure that wont happen but still ill be mentally prepared for it. I'll turn on the TV and watch Zardari or Gillani's face, phir khud hi ghussa char jaye ga, phir chahe hitler ka piyo samne ajaye uss ki khair nahi )

And I know you'll be anxious now, but Im sure like the first interview they are only saving you for later inshAllah. Remember I'll be praying for you too.

@AA. I agree with idiotboy. Self marking is not accurate. I remember in A levels throughout my whole 2 years I never got above C grade in law, and in the final exams I left 20 marks question. I was so scared. When the result came I got a distinction, I was shocked. Similarly in my maths mock exam I got 99%. In the final I got a B grade which is less than 80% and really unexpected. So this happens. I can understand its really difficult, 6 months in no joke!! Think of it as test of character yar, and remember it happens with most people. The best thing now in my opinion would be to concentrate on the future and completely forget about this even though I know it will be difficult. Anyhow, wish you the best of luck for future.

- idiot.boy - 05-13-2010

@Aimaad , Yes ur 100% right !! dont leave anything ... coz they can ask u anything !! revise standards both of accounting and auditing , and study as much as u can ... akhir itna time diya hay onhoun nay koi tu waja hogi nah P

Is bar hopefully there'll be partner taking ur interview .. and listen , control ur elbow P and stop thinking abt rejecting MAN D hahaha khuda ka khof ker D

Attitude ma rahin infront of those guys , and make sure one thing , they'll be harsh on u just to test ur nerves ) .. so be ready for that ...

Thanks for ur prayers and im amazed to know u scored a distinction in law D ACCA ka law ma kitnay numbers maray thay D by the way which 2 papers u failed S ???

- A.A - 05-13-2010

@idiot.boyThanks.No I don't find these comments harsh.There are various categories of people.Since Class 1,1 have always discussed my tests,papers,tried to analyze them,compare answers etc.Wasn't mature enough to understand my O'Levels paper attempts but had learned a bit in FSc and till now,had a 100% record in judging my CA attempts.That's the way I was taught and habits of a lifetime don't change easily.Some people find it stressful to compare answers and discuss,I find it stressful not to discuss)And I am not getting hurt at my prayers because they will be fulfilled in some other way.Since there seems nothing else to blame,I am blaming my self-analysis haha.And you are right,I don't get the gambling idea but that's your way and must suit you.And I did say that I feel much better today.I'll soon go to a bookshop and buy loads of books inshallah which will definitely help me.
@aimaad22;Thank you.Your Law was a happy shock)My brother who is doing A'Ls now talks about this whole system of percentiles which is why you probably got a distinction even when leaving 20 marks.I had always believed it was about percentages but he has generally been proved right about this.And isn't a B below 90 while a C below 80?Anyway,good luck for your 2nd interview.I will be praying for yours and idiot.boy's interviews.

- aimaad22 - 05-13-2010

Thats the cambridge system, in the london university system B is below 80. And yes, at the moment, both systems follow percentile. Thanks for your well wishes and prayers.

@idiotboy Yeah i'll be revising the standards and i'll researching some interview techniques etc, have to do some sort of prep!! Yep hopefully the elbow will stay still this time, otherwise i wont put it on the table ;p That was my first interview ever, inshAllah this time it'll be better.
Yar in A level law I had contract and criminal law, they are quite interesting. But ACCA company law was boring, I hated it!! The contract portion was only a small part of it and i think we only get one or two questions on that. Anyway I got 70 in f4. The papers I had to resit were P3 and P2. I still dont know how i passed P2 even in the second attempt lol, it was such a horrible paper !!!

- aimaad22 - 05-13-2010

I wonder if the site will go down this weekend too. Hmmmmm

- aimaad22 - 05-16-2010

Anybody any news form smaller firms in Islamabad? Are they hiring at all? I visited some firms and their condition looked quite poor so Im wondering if they are in a position to induct anyone.

And what about Deloitte? They were supposed to recruit after CA result! Ive heard some news about their Lahore and Karachi recruitment but nobody seems to know anything about Islamabad!!

- aimaad22 - 05-18-2010

Yar Alhamdulillah I got selected by AFF )

It was another tricky interview with partner though there were no real academic questions. But in the end he told me to come on 31st May. So happy and relieved ) Thanks to all for the advice and well wishes, really appreciate it.

- bilawal - 05-18-2010

Congrats aimad !!! My interview was on friday and i too got selected, Thanks to Allah. They have told me the same joining date.

- aimaad22 - 05-18-2010

Great yar, many congrats, inshAllah we'll meet then, I'll be the tall thin guy with a beard )