Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- aimaad22 - 05-18-2010

By the way Bilawal, did they tell you anything apart from to come on the 31st? Thats all they told me along with office timings and dress code. Nothing about stipend or what department they will place us in. I guess they will sort that out during these 2 weeks. First I was going to ask them but then I thought 'who cares?', I'll eventually find out. The main thing was to get in.

- A.A - 05-18-2010

Many mubarakbad for both aimaad22 and bilawal.

- aimaad22 - 05-18-2010

Thanks a lot brother.

- A.A - 05-18-2010

Most welcome from a fellow human.By the way,do you have any idea how one suddenly becomes a junior instead of an unregistered trainee?Has it got something to do with the number of posts?

- A.A - 05-18-2010

@bilawalAre you a graduate?And did you use a reference?

- bilawal - 05-18-2010

aimad, Thanks yar. I am also waiting to see you.

No they didnt tell me anything apart from the joining date(at 8 30 am)What is the dress code and the office timing?I was too excited to ask anything from them....By the way i am also tall and thin, but without a beard ).

A.A, Thanks a lot. Yar i am not graduate yet,I had a refer in company law...and i was without a reference.

- A.A - 05-18-2010

@bilawalWelcome.How did you join AFF without being a graduate then?Will your training period till you pass law be counted in the official 3 years?

- bilawal - 05-18-2010

A.A, yar actually the recruitment process of AFF started before the result, even my first interview was on 17th April which was almost a month before the result came out. At that time AFF told me that if i pass their recruitment process and then i also pass my Module-D exam, i wll work as a registered trainee at AFF,and if i dont completely pass the exam, then i will work as an intern.

The second interview was after the result and in it the first question they asked me was about my result, which i told them. Then they went on with the interview without discussing my result or my status(trainee or intern). At the end of my interview they told me come on 30th of May.

The training period starts when you completely pass C.A intermediate exams.So there is no doubt that my training period will start after i pass my Company LAw paper.I am not sure of my status in the firm,,,Yeh baat to 30th ko hi pata chalay gi.

- aimaad22 - 05-18-2010

Yeah AA they havent told us anything other than reporting on the 31st!! I guess that will some sort of an orientation. Bilawal I was told the dress code is formal pant and shirt with tie and no jeans. I was told my timings would be 8 30 to 5 30. Although on the 31st he said I should come between 8 30 and 9. Have to report to Mr Ajmal first. Bilawal did they tell you 30th or 31st? It cant be 3oth since its a sunday!!

AA yes it has to do with posts. I think after 50 posts you become a junior.

- idiot.boy - 05-18-2010

Aimad and bilawal many congrats man. u did it . well a short reply from me , im not well , pray for me yar, this typhoid feever and hepititas thing just got hold on me '(

anyways best of luck with ur future guys hope to see ya soon aimaad and bilawal. many congrats once again brothers . rem in prayers i recover soon

- A.A - 05-18-2010

@aimaad22Thanks for your reply.9 hours.Tough working conditions ahead.Good luck!and all this time I thought that these ranks were mentioned by us when we progressed in training!
@idiot.boySorry to hear that.Had already been praying a bit about the interviews of you guys and now will have to for illness too!Hope you get well soon.And I forgot to thank you last week for your offer of study notes.
@bilawalThank you for your reply.Please give me detailed info about when and how you applied,had you passed Mod C at the time of your application and any other things you think will be helpful for me next time.You see,I had had no idea that AFF started recruitment application process while we were busy with exams(it started from March 1 and ended at March 14 according to their website)so I was too late and probably ineligible too at that time since I hadn't passed tax.Since your circumstances are more similar to mine as compared to the ACCA candidates,your experience will be of more help to me when I apply next time(probably August if AFF sticks to its pattern of application during/in the middle of exams)inshallah.

- bilawal - 05-18-2010

idiot.boy, Yar don`t feel so low. We will definitely pray for you that you return to good health soon and actively participate in our discussions. Thanks a lot for your good wishes.

- bilawal - 05-18-2010

aimad, Thanks for correcting yar. I had no idea what day it would be on 30th or 31st.I could have ended going to AFF on sunday!!!. Do you have idea how many people have been selected?

A.A, the eligibility criteria for applying at AFF for CA students was either to have Mod-C fully passed OR having 10 out of 12 papers cleared. I passed my mod-c in autumn 2009 exams so i was eligible to apply. Then there was an entry test having sections related to Financial Accounting(Mod B and C), Company LAw, Audit, English, Taxation, English and General Knowledge. The test was held on 7th of April. Then i was called for the first interview on 17th April.There has been long discussion on this forum regarding the questions that were asked to me, aimad and idiot.boy and surely you would have read those discussions.The second interview was on 14th may.

As you have only audit left, you are eligible to apply to AFF. I have just heard from my friend that the recruitment process has just started in AFF lahore. I am not sure about eligibility criteria for applying there but you can take information by calling at their office. Good Luck!

- A.A - 05-18-2010

@bilawalThank you for your reply.Yes I have read all those posts about interview questions and will again too later on inshallah.This thread will be very helpful for others too .I am not going to apply in Lahore.Will wait for next batch inshallah.Do you remember the date when you applied?You must have been busy in papers too like me.And application was online,right?

- aimaad22 - 05-18-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by idiot.boy</i>
<br />Aimad and bilawal many congrats man. u did it . well a short reply from me , im not well , pray for me yar, this typhoid feever and hepititas thing just got hold on me '(

anyways best of luck with ur future guys hope to see ya soon aimaad and bilawal. many congrats once again brothers . rem in prayers i recover soon
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks a lot dear friend. Shocked to hear about your illness, must be a tough time for you, but dont worry too much because many prayers will be with you. InshAllah jaldi sa fit ho jao gay. Take good care of yourself.