Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- aimaad22 - 05-20-2010

Yeah the partner told me they wont send us straight away.

I was shocked too yar, but this stat about the blasts was in the newspaper some months back. When you think about it it must be true, there was so much violence recently. Allah help our nation and all the muslim nation.

- aimaad22 - 05-22-2010

I was reading on another thread where a new trainee is being registered with the firm after 3 months. I hope this wont happen with us because it will waste 6 months of ours with regard to appearing in module E!! Other problem Im facing is with my exemptions in ICAP. I applied for exemptions more than 2 months ago, only yesterday I got a call from them and they told me we have not received email from ACCA of my affiliate status which they require. I told them thats not possible because they send it almost 2 months ago! Then the person said they were having network problems so they didnt get it! Wow what an institute!! And they tell me this after 2 months!! Wah Wah. Now I emailed ACCA again, who knows how much time this will take and if they will even receive it this time too. We can debate CA v ACCA all we like, but during 2.5 years in ACCA I was always impressed with how professional their behaviour was and how organised they were. The first experience with ICAP is not so good however, I hope they will not be like this always. Silly people.

I hope AFF will understand this and register me from 1 June, worried it might cause problems.!!

- bilawal - 05-23-2010

aimad, your story has shocked me also. have you double checked from ACCA that they have sent your email to ICAP? if they have already, how come icap has not received it yet? i think the network problem cant be a reason because recently the result of icap was announced ONLINE...but if they have told so, then i cant say anything. This was surely not expected.
Talking about AFF, i think they will surely understand your problem.why dont you call them on monday?

- aimaad22 - 05-23-2010

Well I think there's no need to call, I dont want to pester them. The guy from ICAP who called me said the date of exemption they'll put will be from when I applied. So hopefully that will help, because I had applied in March. I think AFF will adjust because only a few days ago Mr Ajmal asked me if I had applied and I said yes. So they arent expecting us to be exempted already they just want us to apply now. I'll try to confirm it on the 31st inshAllah.

Yar it was definitely a problem at ICAP. Firstly because ACCA emailed a copy of that letter to me too, so I know they sent it. Secondly the guy told me himself that they were having network problems but its sorted out now. The result came recently, my application was in March so back then the problem probably wasnt fixed.

- bilawal - 05-24-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aimaad22</i>
<br />Well I think there's no need to call, I dont want to pester them. The guy from ICAP who called me said the date of exemption they'll put will be from when I applied. So hopefully that will help, because I had applied in March. I think AFF will adjust because only a few days ago Mr Ajmal asked me if I had applied and I said yes. So they arent expecting us to be exempted already they just want us to apply now. I'll try to confirm it on the 31st inshAllah.

Yar it was definitely a problem at ICAP. Firstly because ACCA emailed a copy of that letter to me too, so I know they sent it. Secondly the guy told me himself that they were having network problems but its sorted out now. The result came recently, my application was in March so back then the problem probably wasnt fixed.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I also heard mr ajmal saying to acca students that they should apply for exemptions to ICAP. you have done good to apply early because there were some students with me in the second interview who had not applied till that date.
Any info regarding the probation period? If AFF sends registration of students to ICAP in june it means there will no probation period. Right?

- aimaad22 - 05-24-2010

I hope so yar! Dont want them to register us later as it will waste six months of ours. But I dont have any sure info about it, I keep getting reminded that we still know absolutely nothing!! Haha, sometimes Im afraid if they really even asked me to join and I didnt imagine it or that on the 31st they'll tell me to go back. I guess this is the result of us not knowing anything about our induction, but all will be clear in a week inshAllah.

Even if they dont register us in June I guess we cant do much. Training period is 3 years but its common for people to spend around 4 years at the firm because of all these reasons. Ive heard about firms delaying registration, I think they want to check and make sure the person really is suited for them. Anyway, like I said all we can do is wait for the 31st. Till then enjoy your last week of freedom )

- bilawal - 05-24-2010

Han yar we really dont know what will happen on 31st. I was even thinking what if anyone asks questions relevant to accounting or audit which i dont know? He will surely ask then" bhai 2 saal kiya parha hy tum ne". )

- aimaad22 - 05-24-2010

Haha yeah no doubt there will be challenges. In other threads Ive read about AFF having a formal orientation, usually at the local ICAP offices, this has been the way in Lahore and Karachi. However for us there seems to be no such thing, but Im sure there will be some sort of briefing where they will tell us about the firm and when our contracts begin and which department they are sending us to.

- aimaad22 - 05-28-2010

So bilawal ready for Monday? 8 30 sharp )

- kamranACA - 06-04-2010

What happened next? Aimaad let's know next episode.

Regards,

- aimaad22 - 06-04-2010

Kamran Bhai by Allah's grace both myself and Bilawal are now at the firm and undergoing an extensive orientation process at the moment. So far it has been a really good experience, AFF has thus far exceeded my personal expectations I had of them in many ways including quality of guidance and helpful and friendly attitude of seniors. At the same time they are frank with us and have let us know we will have to work hard and deliver according to high standards. Im looking forward to the next few years here very eagerly. No doubt we will face tough times ahead but I think we will develop a lot both in terms of the profession and character inshAllah. People who said AFF is not an organization but an institute seem to have been right!! Of course its only been a few days so far and one never knows what the future holds, but so far its been a very nice start to our time here.

- eshah - 06-04-2010

You two certainly went through hard times but with an awesome result with all of it really being worth it i'd say. Was fun reading through these 'episodes' D

- aimaad22 - 06-04-2010

Haha defintely, I wont ever forget this recruitment process I went through, very tough but definitely worth it now ) Still its only the start of our careers, plenty of hard work still ahead.

- eshah - 06-04-2010

Yep plenty of hard work left but such a gud organization to start with must have given you enough motivation to face it all happily )

By the way, can you tell me your timings, I mean is it like 9 to 6 or something? Im wondering because if students start training, they at least need to be off by 6 to attend their evening classes.

- kamranACA - 06-05-2010

It's nice to read the success story Aimaad. Congrats.

Certainly, AFF is an institute where you will hopefully have a bright career.

Regards,