Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- harounkhan - 04-06-2010

Guys, you must carry calculators with you as you will need them in the Accounting section. I forgot to bring a calculator, the invigilators arranged one for me from somewhere. You are most definitely allowed to bring calculators on the test. So don't forget them. Good Luck !!!!

- idiot.boy - 04-06-2010

Ahan thanks .... but aimad , kya outline rakhi hoi hay preparation ki ?? means kya kya parh rahay ho yaar... i am so much confused , CAT ki books khol li hain ma nay kuch samjh nahin aa raha kya keron S revising standards of auditing is like making me feel THE BEST SLEEP EVER !!

what are ur plans ?? 1 day left ... anything in particular ???

- aimaad22 - 04-06-2010

I picked out what I thought were the most important standards, deferred tax, financial instruments, leasing etc and reporting, evidence in audit and revised the class notes for them. Tomorrow I plan to just go over these main standards. There's so much that can possibly come, dont think we can really prepare for it. So I think our best shot is to revise the main standards and pray for the best. Not possible to go over 14 papers again. Whats worrying me is the math section, hope they dont give us complicated stuff from inter/A levels in it. Dont remember much of that.

@Haroon thanks for the advice, yes im planning to take a calculator anyway just in case.

@

- idiot.boy - 04-06-2010

Hmm !! great... well maths is simple not that much hard... i asked from a friend of mine he took the exam in last session .. he's saying that focus more on essay writting , coz might be 20 numbers ka sirf essay ho !! ... im not revising any IDIOMS , no need for that coz there are more than TRILLION IDOMS , its useless ...

Aimaad , are u doing auditing of these IAS ??? or just giving an over view ???

- aimaad22 - 04-07-2010

Ive just been taking an overview of all standards. All the best for tomorrow.

- idiot.boy - 04-07-2010

Hey ... how was the exam ??? mine was really bad one ... Auditing and english section went great but the maths and other general one , i made horrible mistakes S ... didn't have any time for accounting coz i left it to do in the end D ... again a mistake S
dnt know they'll call me for interview or not !!
7 days else , BYEBYE !!

- aimaad22 - 04-08-2010

Did they tell you that? Or is it a guess? About 7 days? Because I also wonder how long we should wait before thinking about other options. I saw one guy today ask the invigilator about this but he didnt give any definite answer.

You're right the overall test was not easy and there was time pressure. From accounts I didnt know 2 or 3 questions and even for others I guessed. With calculator those questions were not so hard but without they were difficult. Auditing was a bit better though I didnt know what procedures to right for related parties and the substantive procedures in the last question. Even my english section wasnt good, I didnt have enough time to complete that short essay. And the quantitative section was retarded? How can they expect us to do those questions without calculator? It was really absurd!! I didnt know any of them!!

Im just hoping and praying now, but I feel a bit depressed after today. For the first time Im wishing other people did as bad as we did. May they and Allah forgive me )

- yasir_live - 04-08-2010

// For the first time I m wishing other people did as bad as we did //.

This whole thread don't relates to me by any manner. Lakin Kamal hay Aap ki zehniat per. Khud to doobain hain sanam tumhain bhi Lay doobain gay. Allah Aap ko or hum sab ko Hidaith ataa karay.

Regards.

- idiot.boy - 04-08-2010

Aimaad ... well , you are not alone ) ... i managed to complete the exam and guess what ?? in the accounting section, i didnt do any calculation , i only jot down the heading with PLUS and MINUS signs thats all ... how can i do such a long question paper without calculator ??? SUCH AN IDIOTS

Well the guy who asked that gora invigilator , was actually ME D !! He didnt knew this himself , so i had to goto that MOLVI , and asked him in person , he said that we will call you in a week 7 days MAXIMUM, if there's no call , means YOU ARE NOT SELECTED THATS ALL !!

but dnt worry , there was only ME and a GIRL who completed whole exam paper D no1 could complete it otherwise P ....

hoping to get a call , else ........... ram ram sat D
lolz

- harounkhan - 04-08-2010

Hey guys!!! Were you really not allowed a calcuator in your test? How is that possible? Because we were allowed to use calculators in our test in the Karachi office.

- idiot.boy - 04-08-2010

YES HAROUN !! NO CALCULATORS !! ... can u imagine questions set on IAS 11 , IAS 12 , Cash Flows , Bank reconciliations, bad debts allowance and hell alot of percentages in maths section, working without calculators ???

Do simple addition and subtraction , multiplication took more than 30 mins of our time !!

- harounkhan - 04-08-2010

VERY VERY STRANGE !!!! How can the same organization have different rules in different cities? We were allowed calculcators in Karachi, but you guys weren't allowed in Islamamad. You said they will call you for an interview within a week, but in Lahore office my friend got the interview call after more than 2 weeks. Not sure how long they take to call for interview in Karachi office. I am hoping for a call this week, but if not, then it probably means curtains. Good Luck to you man !!!!

- aimaad22 - 04-08-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />
// For the first time I m wishing other people did as bad as we did //.

This whole thread don't relates to me by any manner. Lakin Kamal hay Aap ki zehniat per. Khud to doobain hain sanam tumhain bhi Lay doobain gay. Allah Aap ko or hum sab ko Hidaith ataa karay.

Regards.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sir, Im sorry if you aren't clever enough to understand that I was talking in a lighthearted fashion. Thats why we use smileys on forums, because since you cant see the expression on a person's face you cannot tell exactly what they mean. That is why I used a smiley at the end of my comment.

Without thinking you have accused me of wishing bad things for other people. Kamal ha aap ki zehniat par.Ye aap ka dialogue aap per hi bara fit betha ha. Banda kuch soch samhaj kar baat karta ha.

- aimaad22 - 04-08-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by harounkhan</i>
<br />Hey guys!!! Were you really not allowed a calcuator in your test? How is that possible? Because we were allowed to use calculators in our test in the Karachi office.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Its amazing! If you saw the kind of quesitons we had in quantitative analysis that were expected to be solved without calculators, you would have had a heart attack!

Thanks for the info idiotboy. I guess the deadline for us is next wednesday then. One week to pray ) Chalo best of luck brother!! Allah ham sab ki madad karay

- yasir_live - 04-08-2010

Ek Smiley k Peechay Apni zehniat chupana charahay hain. Kya Baat hay Apki. Dear Wish U best of Luck. I feel I am interrupting in your discussions now. So better to Let it Over.

Regards.