Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- idiot.boy - 04-08-2010

Yup !! the deadline is next wednesday or maximum going upto friday !! they may call on wednesday and say that TOMORROW IS YOUR INTERVIEW AT BLA BLA TIME ** !! HILARIOUS !!

meaning thereby , we should start preparing for it NOW !! .. Aimad , be ready , they will ask very technical questions , on extreme , financial instruments , employee benefits , stuff from P4 etc and will make us SHIVER !! so , no time to party , still we are in the ground !!

Make sure we are ready for this sudden call behvaiour !!

- aimaad22 - 04-08-2010

OMG. I didnt even take P4!! Im sick of giving tests! First 14 papers of ACCA, then today's test and still they arent happy? For the love of God!!! Not to mention 2 modules of ICAP coming up )

Yeah guess I'll study the tricky standards again. Lets just hope we get there first )

- aimaad22 - 04-08-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />
Ek Smiley k Peechay Apni zehniat chupana charahay hain. Kya Baat hay Apki. Dear Wish U best of Luck. I feel I am interrupting in your discussions now. So better to Let it Over.

Regards.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Aap na aik hi line say maree puree zehniat samhaj li? Wah wah, kia baat ha aapki. Aap ko to un good morning wala TV shows par ana chahye. Log aap ko phone karain gay

Sir, it is not my problem that your understanding is limited. I can only advise that if you do not understand something than keep from involving yourself in it.

- idiot.boy - 04-08-2010

Aimad which option papers u gave ???

- A.A - 04-08-2010

Could you tell me please whether this Ferguson test was just for ACCA candidates or were there CA students too?And there will be more tests held for CA candidates,right?

- idiot.boy - 04-09-2010

A.A => Fergosonz test is the same for both ACCA and CA candidates, only ACCA's are exempted from doing LAW and TAX portion !! rest Accounting Auditing and Maths etc are the same and held on the same date at the same time at the same location P

NO MORE TESTS after this one !! wait for the next intake session !!

- shkha - 04-09-2010

Hello aimaad22 and idiot.boy,
I am a student of ACCA.Kya aap bata sakta hai ke BIG4 main apply kerne ke lya kitna papers pass hona zaroori hai.Kya afiliate hi apply ker sakta hai ya students bhi?

- A.A - 04-09-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by idiot.boy</i>
<br />A.A => Fergosonz test is the same for both ACCA and CA candidates, only ACCA's are exempted from doing LAW and TAX portion !! rest Accounting Auditing and Maths etc are the same and held on the same date at the same time at the same location P

NO MORE TESTS after this one !! wait for the next intake session !!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thanks for your reply.When did you first apply to Ferguson?My last paper was a week ago(IT practical) so I find it strange that the whole recruitment process would be over for CA candidates who did not apply and give the entry test during this past week.Please also include any information that you have about the application process in your reply.Thanks.

- aimaad22 - 04-09-2010

idiotboy I gave P5 and P7.

@AA. I didnt know that. You're right it is very strange. But there were definitely CA students with us and their test is done too. Ive heard Deloitte recruitment is in May, so maybe you can try for that. But the KPMG guy told me that too and now I hear their recruitment is done, I just cant believe they lie to a person's face like that. There are many strange things going on in the world these days.

As for the application process and criteria. For AFF, you first apply online through their website, then they might call you for further requirements. For other firms you have to visit their offices and fill out forms. I think KPMG and E&Y take professional level students too, but AFF takes only affiliates.

- A.A - 04-09-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aimaad22</i>
<br />idiotboy I gave P5 and P7.

@AA. I didnt know that. You're right it is very strange. But there were definitely CA students with us and their test is done too. Ive heard Deloitte recruitment is in May, so maybe you can try for that. But the KPMG guy told me that too and now I hear their recruitment is done, I just cant believe they lie to a person's face like that. There are many strange things going on in the world these days.

As for the application process and criteria. For AFF, you first apply online through their website, then they might call you for further requirements. For other firms you have to visit their offices and fill out forms. I think KPMG and E&Y take professional level students too, but AFF takes only affiliates.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thanks for your reply.I am being guided by an ACCA affiliate who has been in KPMG for the past one year.She got in last May.And her advice was to make a good CV and drop it off in Big 6 offices personally(like she did) which I am going to do in a day or 2 inshallah.And logically speaking,I don't think the whole recruitment would be over by now.I mean,I found out about the online application form of AFF 2 days before the last date(had theory papers till 8th March) and I wasn't eligible to apply for that as I have a refer in Taxation paper of Module C and am a non-graduate.I called AFF on 13th but the operator didn't have any knowledge and nor could he connect me to a HR representative and 14th was a Sunday.And my senior told me that it's not necessary to apply online in any of the Big 6.And she got in without any reference Masha'allah.So I am trusting God to make everything OK inshallah.idiot.boy's reply had me scared for a while.

- harounkhan - 04-09-2010

aimaad, if you have a strong reference, then can you get into AFF even if you are a professional stage student?

- idiot.boy - 04-09-2010

A.A => Listen carefully !! If you are from islamabad , GOTO AFF FERGOSONZ TOMORROW !! coz the day i had my test , i saw my self few CA candidates filling up the forms ... might be they were of your category MFC ( i dnt know abt it ) ... so just go , take along with ur CV and meet the person with name AJMAL !! .. go direct to him and talk with him...

Aimaad and A.A , i heard that that KPMG will start again hiring trainees in MAY !! ... many ppl telling me this thing including the traines already there !!

- idiot.boy - 04-09-2010

Haroun , its almost impossible ... like i told u before , if u have step 2 reference , then its possible otherwise , see the ACCA Affiliates are having such problems even they have strong references !! ....

AFF takes " CLASS " !! might be possible in other firms ... but AFF its impossible !!

See , E&Y , they intake even part P of ACCA students !! ... the only firm in pakistan which is recruiting affiliates is AFF FERGOSONZ !! )

- A.A - 04-09-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by idiot.boy</i>
<br />A.A => Listen carefully !! If you are from islamabad , GOTO AFF FERGOSONZ TOMORROW !! coz the day i had my test , i saw my self few CA candidates filling up the forms ... might be they were of your category MFC ( i dnt know abt it ) ... so just go , take along with ur CV and meet the person with name AJMAL !! .. go direct to him and talk with him...

Aimaad and A.A , i heard that that KPMG will start again hiring trainees in MAY !! ... many ppl telling me this thing including the traines already there !!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thanks alot for your advice!I am from Peshawar and my CV is complete.I hope my father can take me tomorrow.He wasn't even ready for Saturday but I'll try convincing him in the morning.

- idiot.boy - 04-09-2010

YES !! dont waste your precious time ... The man who works for recruitment dept name is MR AJMAL , he has a long beard ...

Also drop your CV in KPMG and other big 5 , including KMR ( Khalid Majeed Rehman ) !! ... all resite in Blue Area Islamabad !!

Best of luck and remember in prayers !!