Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- A.A - 04-09-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by idiot.boy</i>
<br />YES !! dont waste your precious time ... The man who works for recruitment dept name is MR AJMAL , he has a long beard ...

Also drop your CV in KPMG and other big 5 , including KMR ( Khalid Majeed Rehman ) !! ... all resite in Blue Area Islamabad !!

Best of luck and remember in prayers !!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thanks a bunch.Just prayed for you too.I have already mapped out most of the journey on Google Earth and was planning to drop CV in Big 6 on the same day.I thought anjum asim and bdo ebrahim were number 5 and 6. What's KMR's ranking?

- aimaad22 - 04-09-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by harounkhan</i>
<br />aimaad, if you have a strong reference, then can you get into AFF even if you are a professional stage student?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Like idiotboy says its difficult. But I have seen ACCA students in the past work at AFF, there used to be one in my F7 class. It can depend from case to case and upon your reference. However these days they seem to be following a very strict organised procedure for recruitment and they strictly told us only affiliates allowed.

@idiotboy Thanks for the info man thats encouraging. If nothing happens at AFF( Allah karay kuch hojay!!), then in May I'll try for KPMG and Delloite.

- harounkhan - 04-09-2010

Yeah guys it may depend on your referrence. Because one of my friends recently got into AFF in Karachi. His Chacha is a director of the firm. Now that's a strong referrence. I wish we had such strong referrences as well. It seems I haven't been selected for Ernst & Young Karachi as their recruitment process is over according to one poster. Not surprisingly, because I really did bad in the test. Wish you two guys luck. Cheers !!!!

- idiot.boy - 04-09-2010

@haroun => see , Chacha is a DIRECTOR OF FIRM ( STEP 2 REFERNECE ) it helps !! A DIRECT relation !! .. just have hope and rem , everything happens , happens for a reason which is good for us !!

@aimad => this is only the beginning dude ) agay agay dekho hota kya ha .. abhi interview ma dekhna kya haal kerain gay AFF walay D i hope ur preparing for ur interview P

A.A => Thanks alot for ur prayers.. KMR ranking is in the A LISTED FIRMS OF PAKISTAN !! its like A5 or A6 im not sure.. Fergozons is A1 , followed by E&Y 2nd KPMG 3rd and Deloitte 4th .. KMR is a very good recognized firm and proviing ICAEW articles as well !!

- A.A - 04-09-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by idiot.boy</i>
<br />@haroun => see , Chacha is a DIRECTOR OF FIRM ( STEP 2 REFERNECE ) it helps !! A DIRECT relation !! .. just have hope and rem , everything happens , happens for a reason which is good for us !!

@aimad => this is only the beginning dude ) agay agay dekho hota kya ha .. abhi interview ma dekhna kya haal kerain gay AFF walay D i hope ur preparing for ur interview P

A.A => Thanks alot for ur prayers.. KMR ranking is in the A LISTED FIRMS OF PAKISTAN !! its like A5 or A6 im not sure.. Fergozons is A1 , followed by E&Y 2nd KPMG 3rd and Deloitte 4th .. KMR is a very good recognized firm and proviing ICAEW articles as well !!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Welcome.OK I'll go there too inshallah.On Google Earth,I couldn't find Saeed Plaza,Ali Plaza and Rashid Plaza.Do you have any idea about the sequence one should visit these 7 firms from travelling point-of view?I'll enter Islamabad from Peshawar so if you know the shortest route,do tell me.

- idiot.boy - 04-09-2010

A.A => Take the islamabad High-way and when u'll reach the round-abt of bluearea , turn right enter the main road .. i dnt rem the name of that famous road.. The very 1st firm will be on your right i.e KMR .. U can also see SKANS and SBM sign board there 2, KMR is right next to them.. KPMG is in on the left side of the road on the main state life building.. AFFergozons is in PIA plaza on the right hand side but before KPMG ... All firms are there u can ask anyone !! but do remember the name of plaza's !!

- A.A - 04-09-2010

<br />A.A => Take the islamabad High-way and when u'll reach the round-abt of bluearea , turn right enter the main road .. i dnt rem the name of that famous road.. The very 1st firm will be on your right i.e KMR .. U can also see SKANS and SBM sign board there 2, KMR is right next to them.. KPMG is in on the left side of the road on the main state life building.. AFFergozons is in PIA plaza on the right hand side but before KPMG ... All firms are there u can ask anyone !! but do remember the name of plaza's !!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thanks alot.Will do so inshallah.Will be taking the complete addresses of all these firms with me.Is it necessary to mention references in CV or can we do that later too?

- idiot.boy - 04-09-2010

@A.A ... No... Not At All !! .. dnt mention any reference on your CV !! its really un-professional .. just write down one line at the end of the CV " References are available on request " !!

A.A make sure u have a professional looking CV else they wont consider !! CV should be like you are selling your self and it should include all your properties, specifications and ur specilizations ) !! thats the hard and fast rule !!

- A.A - 04-09-2010

<br />@A.A ... No... Not At All !! .. dnt mention any reference on your CV !! its really un-professional .. just write down one line at the end of the CV " References are available on request " !!

A.A make sure u have a professional looking CV else they wont consider !! CV should be like you are selling your self and it should include all your properties, specifications and ur specilizations ) !! thats the hard and fast rule !!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Are you sure?My senior told me to attach the business card of the references to the cv etc(but she got in without a reference so maybe you are right)Masha'allah my CV is good since I spent alot of time on it.it's 2 pages though,couldn't manage 1(any other tips?Your posts are very helpful,thanks!and how and when should i mention the reference then?

- idiot.boy - 04-09-2010

A.A => Make sure that ur CV is of one page !! thats more of a professional looking !! i've been dealing with this CV thing alot and if possible u can mail me ur CV , hopefully i will be able to make some valid points or i;ll try my best to make it short of one page ... my email id is idiot.boy.crap@gmail.com

References are noted down on the ADMISSION FORMS provided by the firms !! There's NO WHERE IN THIS WORLD A CV IS ATTACHED WITH REFERENCES ) .. this is really unpractical & unprofessional !!

In AFF-Fergsonz , we were provided with 2 spaces of references to include their names and phone numbers and other details etc !! so dnt worry abt the reference for the time being , make sure ur CV looks professional !!

- A.A - 04-09-2010

OK I am sending it to you now minus the personal details.See if you can shorten it.I can't.And I didn't include some stuff.Do fix it soon please.

- idiot.boy - 04-09-2010

Ok.. im waiting send it ASAP !! ... by the way , what kind of personal details u have entered in your CV ?? make sure u only have your name, city and cell number THATS ALL !! no need to mention your NIC number or anything else !!

well , do send it im online till 6 Pm will try to make it short !!

- harounkhan - 04-09-2010

I agree with idiotboy, don't include your referrences in the C.V. ... The trainee application form has a seperate page for you to enter any referrences and their details. Cheers !!!

- idiot.boy - 04-09-2010

A.A => LOLZ !! sorry to say but your CV looks HORRIBLE D hahah .. yaar is tarhan nahin banatay CV yaar D hahah ... kahir koi baat nahin i'll edit it )

Dnt mind but really yeh theak nahin ha ... D

- A.A - 04-09-2010

Ok I don't mind if you can improve it.