Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- aimaad22 - 04-16-2010

I dont know if I'll depend on KPMG alone. Sounds risky. What if we wait for that and in the mean time all the small firms hire as well? Next week I might think about dropping a CV at other firms. They dont have such formal recruiting procedure do they? I guess you just tell them and wait.

- bilawal - 04-16-2010

aimaad22 & idiot.boy no call here either.......but i hope that InshAllah they will
call us. I`ve heard that kpmg has hired some students. Any confirmation on your side?

- idiot.boy - 04-16-2010

Bilawal , u also applied in AFF Islamabad ??? Ohh ... Thats good , Me and Aimad also applied there.. NO CALL HERE EITHER '( !!

Lets hope .. we all are together , i guess no1 has been called yet !! ... Maybe Monday say ana start hon calls !! ...

- bilawal - 04-16-2010

Yes i also applied in AFF isb...jab bhi call aye allah kare interview acha ho jaye

- aimaad22 - 04-16-2010

Lets hope thats true yar, that next week the calls start. Was feeling very depressed today but now Im a little bit hopeful again ) idiotboy yar I know the 2 weeks wait for call happened in other cities but who knows Islamabad is also in Pakistan and its the same firms after all so maybe the same thing will happen here.

Bilawal its true, KPMG have hires some trainees already. However they said that in May they will hire again so there is still hope for us. Delloite may also have induction in May.

- A.A - 04-17-2010

Salam!
I visited Big6 offices on Monday + KMR.KPMG was the most welcoming and said that in a few weeks they'll start calling all candidates who dropped their CVs for entry test.Deloitte starts recruitment after result as well as anjum asim.BDO ebrahim and KMR properly check out your CV so you can tell that their recruitment process isn't over yet so don't lose hope for Big 4.

- aimaad22 - 04-17-2010

Whats KMR? I think I will visit KPMG, BDO and Anjum Asim next week and drop CV. When is the CA result? Want to know because that will tell us when to apply for Delloite.

I dont think my CV is good. I have no experience so all I have is my qualification and previous study and contacts, dont know what else I can put there.

- idiot.boy - 04-17-2010

Aimad , Monday !! KPMG ma drop kerna ha CV !! .. lazmi !! ... be ready for that !! CV banao in these 2 days !!

- bilawal - 04-17-2010

C.A result on 11th May( i am from CA) i have droppeed my Cv at kpmg and deloitte...same
responses as mentioned by A.A.

Han idiot.boy is right, do drop your resume as quickly as possible.

- harounkhan - 04-17-2010

Hey guys, tell me something. When you say drop CV's in firms, how exactly you do that? As in, you take print-outs of CV's and drop them or is there some email address of firms where you email them? I am thinking of doing the same if God forbid, I am not selected at E & Y. Alternative option honi chahiye.

- aimaad22 - 04-17-2010

Go to the the offices personally and meet with an HR person.

Yar idiotboy I have a CV, but like I said its very simple. I have no work experience so there's nothing I can put in the way of achievements, teamwork skills etc. All I have is qualifications. I made it neat though, on the format ACCA once sent us, so I think it looks reasonably good.

- harounkhan - 04-17-2010

Aimaad, even I don't have much exprience. But you can always try to add something to it, even if you haven't worked much. For example, I put in my C.V. that I worked in the customer services department in Kaplan Financial when I was in London. Even though I didn't work there, but it added alot to my C.V. and I was able to explain confidently my role and duty in my first interview at E & Y. So you can always thing of such things. But remember, you must be confident enough to explain your "experience". They will tell you if you are lying. Besides that, add as much extra-curricular activities as you can. That section of my C.V. is quite huge and most of it is true. Like I was the vice-president of Pakistan society at Kaplan Financial, captain of my school football team, also I took part in the singing competition. Try to think of such things. It will help you. Cheers mate !!!

- A.A - 04-17-2010

KMR stands for Khalid Majeed Rehman.I applied there on idiot.boy's advice.It's registered for ICAEW articles and is also affiliated with some foreign firm.It's right next to SKANS though office is on 3rd or 4th floor.
In KPMG,recruitment section is on 15th floor and a guy named Farq Sultan ,I think,sits at reception.In other firms too,meet with HR people especially in BDO because the lady at reception doesn't deal with recruitment.
@aimad22Well the MS Word resume wizard helps alot.Make it 1 or 2 pages long only,according to your material.And you would probably have participated in debates,sports,annual days etc.Mention those.Also include a Strengths section for mentioning your unique strong points.If you were ever made responsible for something(anything at all!) and you were reasonably successful in your endeavour,mention that.Also mention languages that you can communicate in,even various local ones.Any particular subjects/papers you have command over.If you ever helped your team in some way or if others look up to you or ask you for advice etc.Include your computer skills too.
Use Times New Roman 11 font for the actual CV(Name and headings would be of different sizes)Also check out the Careers forum.There is a good guide for the technical details like fonts,paper sizes etc on a thread.
Make your CV soon.KPMG didn't say that recruitment would be after result.It would be in a few weeks.E n Y didn't even take my CV saying that their recruitment process was over and people in Islamabad know that they have to apply during exams.And drop your CV in Deloitte too when you are in the other places.Good Luck!

- aimaad22 - 04-17-2010

Thanks for the advice guys. The problem is I havent participated in anything of the sort, in all my 2.5 years studying ACCA we never had any extra curricular event. So I cant say anything about leadership responsibility etc. Thats whats bothering me. Only thing I can add is computer skills. But I wont lie, no matter even if its the smallest lie or even if it it guarantees me a job, cheating is cheating.

Yes I think on Monday I will drop CV in these firms. Thanks again for the help Haroun and AA.

- idiot.boy - 04-17-2010

Aimad , yaar BIG4 ma apply kernay walay 95% candidates who hotay hian jinka koi experience nhain hota ) OFCOURSE WE ALL ARE GOING THERE FOR TRAINING ) so dont bother that u have previous exp or not !!

Simple advice , make your CV one page long , add the qualifications , o levels , subjects taken , % of marks, heading of achievements, and any other activities while schooling !!

bus simple sa short sa banao but it should be like GOOD LOOKING !! well managed !! ... dnt make it horrible like 2 pages , no1 will give a damn to read it all the way !!

+ do mention your name , home address, and personal cell number on the top of the page !!

MAKE IT ASAP , and drop it in BDO , KPMG !! even im coming to KPMG on monday !!

KMR ma apply kero ,they have a big portfolio and a good firm !! koi bahir ki firm ka sath registered hain who log !!