Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- A.A - 04-17-2010

Well the KMR recruitment guy read each an every word of my 2 page CV.And think of your school's extra-curricular activities too,not just acca's.

- A.A - 04-17-2010

and lying is of course,not advisable.Not only is it wrong but it can also have disastrous consequences.Read 'Confessions of a Shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsella to get one example of the effects of lying on your CV.

- A.A - 04-17-2010

Haven't you ever played cricket with your neighbours or something?Include that if nothing else.You can also mention that you help people out on an accounting forum in your spare time.Think carefully and you will come up with strengths unique to you.

- bilawal - 04-18-2010

i agree with idiot.boy. ut make sure you never lie

- aimaad22 - 04-18-2010

Thanks guys I'll do all that!

Next week is really big for us idiotboy, probably the last chance for call from AFF. May Allah help us!!

- idiot.boy - 04-18-2010

Hahaha !! Aimad ,man u getting some really good piece of advices of ur cv D ..

Here take some from me as well... Include in ur CV , your favourite sportsman D how much u scored highest in a particular match, ever played RUGBY , your hot favourite DISH D , lolz .... apna Weight b leekhan neechay D ... neighbours name etc , city nazim ka name D , if u have any gf , oska b reference day do D hahahah ... How many id's u have on social websites D ... your favt computer games , MOHAA ka reference b yaad say dayna D hahah .... + Cell kyoun sa rakha howa ha , which cartoons u used to watch when u were kid D , sab kuch activities ma dal D hahahaha kabhi kisi ka dant toray who b leekh dayna D any night tournments in ramzan D lolzzzz....... highest score yaad say leekhin D

HAHA i mean , COME ON !! ... we are PROFESSIONALS here !! ... u know , PAKISTAN ma aik concept hay , JITNA BIG CV , OTNA IMPRESSIVE ) !!

MAN , make it AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE !! ... we are applying for training !! no1 will be concerned which GAMES you play , how much medals u won , whats ur extra activites ... just include your KEY SKILLS/STRENGTHS( RELATED TO FIELD ) , Qualification thats all.. !!

and ya aimad , if u still have any problem , email me ur draft cv , i'll make it a better one for you !! kal tak ka time hay , rem MONDAY ( KPMG ) !! 1100 AM !! SHARP !!

- aimaad22 - 04-18-2010

11 AM? Lol I didnt know there was a time limit!

Yes I agree with you CV should be short and to the point. Mine is only one page and only has qualification, skills and achievements section only.

- aimaad22 - 04-18-2010

Acha guys I need a favor from those of you who have been to these firms, if you can tell me where they are located by mentioning nearby shops etc so I can locate them. Its a real problem to find places in blue area since most plaza names are small or not mentioned and the addresses mentioned in icap directory are not much help. I found it hard to even find the big 4 there ) I'll be very thankful if someone can tell me location of these firms

BDO Ebrahim
Anjum Asim Shahid Rehman
Khalid Majeed Rehman
Hussain Rathore and Co.
HLB Ijaz Tabussom
Naveed Zafar Jafar Hussain and Co.

- idiot.boy - 04-19-2010

Hey ... Aimad , kpmg gaya tha ??? Today i went there to drop my CV , the person said that he'll be calling on next coming friday for the test... CA walon ka 11th may ka baad hoga after result..

Another imp thing , i went to AFF also , that molvi said that paper's are all checked and he'll be calling us in next 2 to 3 days MAXIMUM !! so , lets wait ) ....

- aimaad22 - 04-19-2010

Wow yar good work, so there is still hope for us! I guess the deadline is the end of this week then, probably Friday.

Yeah I went to KPMG, the guy told me there process is already started though he didnt tell me about the test. You talked to the guy at the reception desk right? Last time I went there I met an HR guy but this time the receptionist told me to give him the CV. Hope he'll pass it on and not forget about it ) The same happened at Deloitte and KMR. The old woman at KMR seemed really disinterested though and Im not even sure if she'll pass on the CV. BDO took the CV but they said there test and interview is already done but they still might call some people after the CA result.

- idiot.boy - 04-20-2010

Aimad , Yes i talked to the receptionist , on 15th Floor ... HE said that test be taken on next coming up friday ...

waisay , did u see any difference between KPMG and AFF ??? Enivronment change laga ??? There was , acc to me , HELL alot of difference !! .. I saw trainees chating , and laughing like there's a picin spot P ... AFF was so damn professional yaar !! aik CHUN tak nahin hoti wahan per )

kahir .... Still no call today '( what abt u ???

- aimaad22 - 04-20-2010

Yeah no call here either ;(

Yar, after visiting all big 4 offices I have to say as noone even comes close to AFF. I can now see the why there is so much hype about the firm. Their office, the conduct of their people, seems way above everyone else. After them deloitte seemed the best to me, E&Y and KMPG are not that impressive at all. But the AFF people wont call us!! Lol!!

By the way that lift in the kpmg building is scary lol, shakes so much always, if I worked there everyday i'd be afraid of the lift falling down from the 15th floor lol!!

- idiot.boy - 04-20-2010

Aimad , HAHAHAHAH !! MAN I GOT THE SAME SHOCK FEELINGS IN THAT LIFT D ..

Indeed, i literally asked a guy with me , WHAT IF THE LIGHT GOES OFF , THEN O ?? ... he said that dont u worry we'll have to JUMP from the lift , and he told me he did that many a time D .... OHH I WAS LITEARLLY PRAYING KAH LIGHT NAH CHALI JAY D hahahahah

Lift ka under tu yaar koi emergency button tak nahi ntha ... was feeling suffocated !!

AFF phir akhir AFF hi hay ) u saw that door opening security system ??

and ya ur right , AFF call kerain gay tu kuch banay ga ) warna TA-TA BYE BYE D ... KPMG ki lift ka jhoolay laynay parain gay D

- aimaad22 - 04-20-2010

Allah ka shukar ha!! Call at last! Interview tomorrow at 3 10. I day notice again ) Now time to revise some standards and ratios etc again hehe!!

Im sure you will get call too soon man, if not already!!

- idiot.boy - 04-20-2010

WOW CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST BEST BEST BEST OF LUCK !! ... U made it MAN ) BEST OF LUCK YAAR !!

YA hope so i'll get a call soon ( ......

Anyways , best of luck ) .... tiyari rakhna fit !!