Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- aimaad22 - 04-21-2010

Feeling very nervous, I revised a little bit of everything but there is no way I'll remember all the little details. After reading about recent interview experiences of people on the E&Y thread Im feeling even more nervous!!

Thanks for the well wishes brother, I hope Allah will bless this big day for me. I'll be praying you get your call too soon.

- idiot.boy - 04-22-2010

AIMAD !! only 1 question , HOW WAS THE INTERVIEW ) FUll details ka explain it out )
waiting !!

- aimaad22 - 04-22-2010

The interview went okay generally I think. Not so great and not too bad either. They asked a mix of technical and personal questions. They asked me about hobbies, challenges, responsibilities Ive taken, a little bit about family, what was the reason for my failing the 2 ACCA papers I did. Technical aspect related to deferred tax, financial instrument, inherent and control risk, audit report. I messed up financial instruments and definition of inherent control, feel so stupid for that. I gave the definiton of held for sale assets instead of fair value for profit for loss and I just couldn't recall the definiton of inherent risk. I knew both these things and I feel like kicking myself for messing them up. Most of the personal questions I asked alright, I didnt have quick answers for some more tricky questions like tell us something new you learned recently. Or what was today's newspaper headline? I told them I didnt look at paper today because i was revising standards ) Another thing was I'd put my left elbow on the table and it kept shaking!! I felt so stupid, tried to stop it but it wouldnt and I saw one of the interviewers stare at it!! Lol. My voice was even and I answered generally with confidence, but that stupid elbow shaking spoiled everything! Maybe it was my first interview thats why!!

There was a panel of 3 interviewers, one lady and two men. All were quiet nice, told me not to be nervous and take my time.

One interesting question was 'we have an office in kabul, if we send you there will you go?' I said my parents will probably object but I wont mind too much and would try to make it. I thought at that time they were talking about secondment of specific assignments, now I realize they might have meant to send us there for whole 3 years! Now Im scared that just might happen to me!! Anyway thats still a distant thing, at the moment I have to pray for 2nd call. I definitely messed up a few things but overall it wasnt a disaster and Im hoping I might have chance for second interview. May Allah also grant that wish true!!!

- idiot.boy - 04-22-2010

AIMAD !! I WISH I WAS THERE D lolz..... man your SHAKING ELBOW hahahha !!

kahir koi baat nahin ... it was ur first time ... lets see... waisay didn't they say anything abt 2nd interview call or anything like that ??? will they call you ??

by the way , no call to me abhi tak '( dnt know whats wrong ..

Aimad how many candidates were there ?? u were alone ya or b ay howay thay ??? Tomorrow i'll call them .. maybe kal tak call aa jay yaar '( hoping ......................

else no option left '( Kpmg ka test hay next friday ko .......

anyways do pray for me yaar mughey b call aa jay im hell tensed up !!

- harounkhan - 04-22-2010

aimaad, I really don't think they intend to send you to Kabul. Maybe they were just checking that how much do you want to work in their firm? Whether it's in Islamabad, Kabul or Outer Mongolia, I think that they just wanted to know how passionate are you about joining them. That's all. But yeah, can you tell me that if we want to get transferred in another city, is that possible? For instance, I get inducted in KPMG here in Lahore, can I get myself transferred to the Karachi office? What's the procedure of doing it? If you have any knowledge about it, then do let me know. Good Luck with the second interview bro. And LOL @ shaking elbow. Nerves dude, it happens. Won't be a big deal.

Idiotboy, no call yet bro? Maybe you should call and ask them. Unfortunately I did not get inducted at E&Y yaar. You must have read in the other thread. The partner was a complete nut. LOL !!!!

- idiot.boy - 04-22-2010

@Haroun , man yes i read that , i even replied on that tax issue .. sorry man i really dont have words to express what i felt after that.. horrible yaar !! feeling that partner was insane , all he did that was on purpose !!

kahir , u have time dude .. u have part P coming up ahead , enjoy your studies and jo b hota hay achay ka liya hota ha !! so never lose hope , clear some more exams and then try again ) tension nahin honi chahya , tensions tu affiliates ko hoti ha P nah agay nah pechay D

Please pray for me yaar , i dont know why they didn't call me ... even my test was good one , completed whole of it , still ......... ahh luck counts i guess !!

hoping .......

Don't worry yaar !!!! INSHALLAH you will get a call tomorrow !!! Best of Luck brother !!!! I'll try here in Lahore in some firms in May... Dekhte hain kya banta hai !!!!!

- aimaad22 - 04-22-2010

They didnt tell me anything about 2nd interview. For a moment I thought about asking them before leaving but then I thought better of it. So far they've been calling me without my having to ask them. But now that you mention it Im kind of wishing I has asked them. Lol

There were 2 people before me when I reached the office, and when I left the interview room there were about 4 people waiting for their turn.

Yar I've already been praying for you! It has just struck me how little I know about the process! Dont know how many people they called for interview and how many will move forward, dont even know if they will call me. Feeling stupid again!!

- aimaad22 - 04-22-2010

Haroon since I have never worked in a firm I dont know about your question, sorry! Maybe people with experience can tell you.

- idiot.boy - 04-22-2010

Aimad , i dont know why im having a feeling that they wont call me @ @ @ and its pissing me off really bad now !!

ATLEAST REASON TU BATAIN YAAR FOR NOT CALLING X X !!

i'll call that molvi tomorrow !!

- aimaad22 - 04-22-2010

Yes I think thats what you should do now. Tell me the number too so If I dont get 2nd interview call in many days then I can ask him too.

I can understand yar, after all these weeks and getting this far, it must be really frustrating for you. Now if I imagine not being called for 2nd interview I'd be extremely disappointed too after getting so close. But I suppose what we will get is what Allah has written for us, so lets just keep faith and keep trying! And anyway who knows, maybe their interview process isnt finished yet! They take around 2 weeks for everything!!

Can anyone tell me usually how much the gap is between 1st and 2nd interview??

- idiot.boy - 04-22-2010

Aimad , thanks alot brother for such a nice words ) really they brought a big hope and satisfaction to me !! thanks once again ...

yes i called them right now , but that molvi is on lunch break P ... 'll call him after half an hour ... lets see what he'll say !!

And ya , the gap between 1st and 2nd interview is not more than 7-10 days !!

- idiot.boy - 04-22-2010

HIGHEST ACT OF STUPIDNESS !! yaar kya bakwass hay kasam say !! I CALLED AFF !! 1st that molvi said u might be failed thats why ur not called ... i assured him that i can't fail in that bloody test , and after 5 mins of assurance i gave him , he asked my name and then he said that HE CALLED ME BUT THERE WAS NO RESPONSE FROM MY SIDE @ @ @ @ @ @ @ + he said all the process of interviews are OVER NOW !! UR LATE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i mean WTF !! WHERE DID HE CALL ME ??? HOW COME I DIDNT GET ANY FREAKING CALL ???
yaar yeh kya darama lagaya howa ha ... atleast agar cell nahin mil raha tha tu ptcl per call ker daytay yaar .....

I AM GOING TO MEET HIM TOMORROW !! meri puri baat tak nahin suni or phone utha ka band ker diya yaar !! hadh hoti hay kamingi ki yaar !!

THAT'S INSANE !!!!! And totally non-professionalism from them.... If they weren't getting through your cell, then they should have tried landline, or what's the e-mail address for then? If you take stand idiotboy, then you will get there in the end. Don't let it go no matter what Molvi says. Go and see a partner in his office and tell him about it. DO NOT GIVE UP !!! GOOD LUCK !!!!

- aimaad22 - 04-23-2010

Uff, that is unbelievable, what bad luck! If he had called then at least there must have been a miss call notification on your cell? You're right in visiting him and checking out. I hope it turns out well for you yar!!