Accountancy Forum
ACCA vs HEC! - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA vs HEC! (/showthread.php?tid=7727)

Pages: 1 2

ACCA vs HEC! - swagutt - 03-31-2010

Dear Friends,
I'm going to start which might create some conflicts but it worth talking about.....
One day i called HEC and the representative over there told me that HEC don't recognize ACCA as qualification for them its just a certification ...He told me that HEC does recognize BSC(hons)degree obtained on the basis of papers passed in ACCA.!!!!
Now this is totaly absurd and stupid thing.

I would leave it on you guys to dicuss the following issues

1. 1st Of all why HEC is not giving any Importance to ACCA as it is recognized all over the world.

2. Is HEC a stupid organization who recognizes BSC(hons)degree obtained on the basis of ACCA.but not recognizing ACCA??thats totaly absurd!!!

3. Pakistani M.Com is no way near ACCA's quality of Education and material being taught in ACCA.they why on earth M.COM's are given preference over ACCA?????just because it's a foreign qualification?

4.If HEC is not recognizing ACCA as a full fledged course then why did Ministry of Education aloowed this Foreign Course to be taught in PAKISTAN..and play with the career of 1000's of Pakistani students.

Please levae constructive commnets......!

- shani420 - 03-31-2010

Dear,
It is not about ACCA.
HEC doesn't recognize ICAEW,CIMA,CPA,CGA etc.All foreign qualification(professional accountancy qualifications) r not considered equal to any education in Pakistan by HEC.
As far as Bsc(OBU) is , it is offered by a recognized university so HEC recognize it.
HEC only consider Pakistani CA(ICAP) and ACMA(ICMAP) as equivalent to 16 years MCOM degree.But this recognition started just a couple of years ago.

- swagutt - 03-31-2010

Thanks Shani!

But don't you think HEC should give clear Justification that " why they don't recognize Foreign Professional Qualification"?.They Should Publish it in Newspaper rather than just keep it a rule of thumb for themselves??????????
we spend money and time so we need answer's to "WHY's" not jus and unj-justified rules of HEC!

- shani420 - 03-31-2010

Yes dear.
But I think if ACCA itself apply for recognition to HEC then there is possibility but I think currently Bsc(OBU) and BBA(HONS) by UCP r only ways out if u require HEC recognition.
BTW why u need HEC recognition?

- swagutt - 04-01-2010

Yeah Very True and Totally agreed with you ADIL!
let me tell you some funny things about ICAP i have gone through!
I called ICAP office and asked them do you recognize ICAEW?
Answer The Man replied "1st am not the person to answer your question(proudly) 2ndly "he said we recognize ICAEW and give full exemption to them BUT... they are lower then us"
Now his statements contradicts with himself
1st he said that am not the right person to ask then why did he answerd to my question.....
Secondly If ICAP belives that ICAEW is lower than ICAP then why the hell you are recognizing them and giving full exemption to ICAEW-ACA......was such a foolish self-claimed ,self-obsessed ICAP member!

Another Live experience i went through!

I went to ICAP orientation about ICAP's ACA the lady who was giving the orientation were very soft spoken and sweet in the way she was giving the presentation(in other words a mithiee chorii to get as many students enrolled as she can).

Now listen to the Funny part I asked him Ms ICAP's ACA have total 20 papers and ICAEW's have 14 papers and a thesis to become member.After passing ICAEW's paper you get ACCA tag and ICAP's tag as well as ICAP gives exemption to ICAEW's ACA on the top of that ICAEW's is recognized with all Accountancy bodies in the world while ICAP's is not..thirdly it saves studens a lot of time......
Now the lady and all the audience were looking at my face that this guy talks about Facts and he is damm true!!
She said to me that it's your choice to go fro ICAEW or ICAP....such a pathetic response!

Last year ICAEW tried to penetrate in Pakistni market and had dicussions with ICAP but ICAP didnt allow them for it because allowing ICAEW's ACA to be fully taught in Pakistan would simply means that NO student will go for ICAP's ACA..

Now ICAP! you are not being honest with your own country students you are playing with their careers and restricting them to go beyond the boundries!!

NOTE I'm not a marketer of any accountancy body!i'm just here to dicuss what facts are and what my right is being a student.

- shani420 - 04-01-2010

Dear Swagutt,
bhai aap phir say fight kerwa do gay CA/ACCA/ICAEW k topic peh.Yeh pehle kafi ho chuki hai.
Waisay ICAEW main thesis koi nahin hai.14 papers k bad CASE STUDY hoti hai.
Baqi jo apne kaha k ICAP didn't allow complete ACA(ICAEW) in Pakistan to INDIA aur Bangladesh nay bhi aisa hi kia hai.
ICA-INDIA got upto 14 papers exemptions in ICAEW and ICA-BANGLADESH got 12 exemptions in ICAEW.Magar Wahan bhi sirf advance level k exam ho rahe hain.Bangladesh main to abhi yeh bhi shuru nahin hoae.Her kisi ko right hai apni policy banane ka.

- swagutt - 04-01-2010

My dear Shani there will always be Fight for right!!!!!!!! you can't stop it by making absurd policies if other other countries are into wrong polices that doesent mean we should do that as well.....and if ICAP thinks their qualifications are better off then rest of the world then they should get students all over the world rather than just pakistani students.........could you please give me figure about how many International students ICAP have????...just like ACCA or ICAEW or any other accountancy bodies..

First tell students about the benfits of ICAEW's ACA and ICAP's ACA and then
Ask student to vote for either they would like to go for ICAP's ACA or ICAEW's ACA.

Now no one can force anyone by being a dictactor and introductiong absurd policies!!

- shani420 - 04-01-2010

[/quote]
Persons who are not students of ICAP are finding it hardest to secure ICAEW training contract, why?
[/quote]
Adeel,
Bhai ICAP k apne articles ko to ICAEW recognize ker layti hai.Inko ICAEW k article kernay ki kya zarorat hai?

- shani420 - 04-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by swagutt</i>
<br />My dear Shani there will always be Fight for right!!!!!!!! you can't stop it by making absurd policies if other other countries are into wrong polices that doesent mean we should do that as well.....and if ICAP thinks their qualifications are better off then rest of the world then they should get students all over the world rather than just pakistani students.........could you please give me figure about how many International students ICAP have????...just like ACCA or ICAEW or any other accountancy bodies..

First tell students about the benfits of ICAEW's ACA and ICAP's ACA and then
Ask student to vote for either they would like to go for ICAP's ACA or ICAEW's ACA.

Now no one can force anyone by being a dictactor and introductiong absurd policies!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Bhai I m an ACCA affiliate.Main ICAP ka representative nahin hon.Woh jo policy bhi banate hain , I respect it.Because it is their right.Baqi ap apne rights k lye fight kerne ka right rakhte ho.
Regards.

- shani420 - 04-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com</i>
<br />@Shani

ICAP is using legislative powers so that students of accounting bodies other then ICAP should not progress.

Legislative powers is a formal word, in informal manner i can easily say that ke ICAP DHONS jma rha ha or ghunda gardi/bdmuashi kr rha ha.........simplest!
Adeel,
I guess it is their right.Ab dekho, ICAA ACCA ko koi exemption nahin deta, magar ICA-INDIA ko 4 mod out 5 ki exemption deta hai.ICAA in near future ICA-SRILANKA ko bhi exemption offer ker raha hai.CA(ZIMBABWE) bhi direct entry lay sakte hai.GAA bodies ki to maine bat nahin ki.Aisa hi CICA,AICPA,NZICA,SAICA,HKICPA,ICAI,ICAS etc sab kerte hain.Yeh unki legislative power hai.Ab US-CPA , ICAEW ko nahi mante(ya reciprocity nahin datte) to koi kuch ker to nahin sakta.

- Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com - 04-01-2010

@Shani

OK right. Now tell me one thing when training of ICAP is accepted by ICAEW then training should be available to member of other accounting bodies. It should be asked by Accounting firms that training of ICAP is accepted already then to whom they offering the ICAEW training.

All of this is due to legislative powers and politics of MOTHER****A FCAs.

Infact ICAP now have no forseeable prospects and due to that fear they are doing unacceptable and unethical actions.

- shani420 - 04-01-2010

Adeel,
I know a couple of guys training for ICAEW in Pakistan.Main unki yahan bat nahin kerna chata.
Even is forum k aik member(UzairCH) bhi hain jo Ernst young say ICAEW ker rahe hain.He has previously done CIMA.To yeh kehna 100% theek nahin hai k ICAEW k articles nahin milte.Although Pakistan main 'Reference' ka panga zaroor pesh a sakta hai.
I wish u best of luck.Baqi koi dosra member aap k sawalat ka behter jawab day sakta hai.
Regards.

- Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com - 04-02-2010

@shani

Some accounting firms here have criteria that they are offering ICAEW training contract only to ICAP student or qualifieds. What the **** is that?

- Schuaeb - 04-02-2010

Well! Something that originally started by pointing out some absurd things in HEC's policies gradually shifted towards ICAP

ACCA alongwith various other foreign qualification is accepted as certification. I don't think that practically this makes a material different. If anyone has logics to contrary he please share with others. As told by Shani only some years back ACA, ICAP has same standing in HEC and only now it's considered equivalent to sixteen years of education. A whole day can be spent (read wasted) in discussing how come a sixteen years local master degree is equivalent to ACA.

Someone mentioned that persons who are not students of ICAP are finding it hardest to secure a training contract. As ICAP students do not need an ICAEW training contracted so the same statement more objectively could be made as securing an ICAEW training contract is very hard now a days for EVERYONE.

A came across a recent example of a qualified ACCA who after wasting some time in UK came back to Pakistan on account of the reason that he was not able to find a job there. We all know that job market in UK alongwith some other places is quite adversely affected by the recession we've been hearing for some time now. Local ACCAs or say UK national ACCAs are yet finding jobs however in the same market there is almost no place for Pakistani ACCAs. Don't both of them possess same qualification? Can anyone provide me with the reason of this distinction? More importantly instead of talking about use of legislative or other powers blah blah we should bear in mind that even after having qualified the exactly same papers still on account of our nationality we have comparatively very little space in western world.

- Schuaeb - 04-02-2010

Swagutt! The sorrow fact is that what one find absurd may not be that absurd in others point of view. Secondly, a perception formed about an institute on the basis of the information/behaiviour of one of its employees can only be true by coincident.

Plus it is very easy to find loopholes and laugh at others as against looking at one's ownself. I share here one very funny and uncommon such example I find in your post. Wrong use of then instead of than is quite common mistake here (you may know that you made it as well) however below is the more interesting and funny part of your well informed post

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by swagutt</i>
<br />
Now listen to the Funny part I asked him Ms ICAP's ACA have total 20 papers
You were right it was the funny part. When you are using Ms. for someone you should also learn to use HER instead of HIM.