Accountancy Forum
2nd interview in AFF and KPMG - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: 2nd interview in AFF and KPMG (/showthread.php?tid=7774)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- raza 123 - 08-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Here's what happens.

They do hire students who's mod D result is pending. But obviously you cant start your articles until you clear mod D. Until then you are an internee meaning that time does not count towards the 3.5 years. After you pass you are registered as an icap trainee.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Do they pay internee students ????

- raza 123 - 08-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by faizicapri</i>
<br />@masroorahmed
Today was my 2nd interview in AFF and ALHAMDULILLAH i am selected by AFF.
i am from 16th mfc with Module c full passed.
dont know exactly what is the criteria.

Yar everyone says here big4 me jane k liye one attempt zaruri hai blah blah what u say is it necessary ? !!!!

- carolyny476 - 09-03-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by faizicapri</i>
<br />@ubaid
i think only AFF is the equal opportunity employer D

I also think so.

- hk_cca89 - 09-07-2010

yar can anyone tell me what would be the eligibilty criteria at kpmg karachi for acca's and i have cleared all my acca papers in 1st attempt except p7 so what would be chances in Ford rhodes, bcoz they are asking for affiliates with p6 n p7 but i've given p4,p7 of which i was only able able to clear p4.

- sayyaf - 09-10-2010

salam every1.

this is my first post on any forums on this website.i belong to 17th mfc and i have 1 refer fa2 and am looking forward to enter into big4.

different people say different things,some say without "pawwa" there is no hope...

i want to raise this ques from u people as u people r experienced and want ur comments

lastly i appreciate ur efforts for providing such valuable tips to every1.

regards and advance eid greetings

- aimaad22 - 09-10-2010

Thats not true. There are many people in Big 4 without pawwa, Im one of them and I know many others. Its true that some people do get in using strong references but that does not mean there is no opportunity for other people. Sometimes when people dont get selected in Big 4 they cry foul and say it was because of a lack of reference. You have to realize its not easy to get in Big 4 and they have hundreds of applicants out of which they have to choose a few. Just try your best and keep praying to Allah.

- sayyaf - 09-10-2010

thanks alot aimaad....

could u plz guide abt what big4 look for in a candidate.What r their requirements and how can I fulfill them?

- raza 123 - 09-10-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sayyaf</i>
<br />thanks alot aimaad....

could u plz guide abt what big4 look for in a candidate.What r their requirements and how can I fulfill them?

I think u must be ACCA qualified
And if not then u must have cleared papers till module C completely above u said u have reffer in FA2 u r ineligible.

<b>If m wrong Aimad bhai correct me.</b>

- aimaad22 - 09-11-2010

It depends from firm to firm and the requirements change. Ferguson at the moment only takes ACCA affiliates i.e. all papers passed. For CA stream students you need to have 2 papers of inter passed thats it. Im talking about articles of course, for a short term internship anyone can get in.

KPMG and EY take part qualified ACCAs too. Not sure about Delloite.

- aimaad22 - 09-11-2010

As to what they look for? Well there are a lot of factors apart from studies that are almost as important. Im not someone very experienced I've only recently started my articles but I'll tell you the things which people have told me and what are generally agreed to be important.

You must be confident and have the ability to speak clearly and fluently, both English and Urdu. Some firms take interviews in English only. You should be presentable and comfortable in a professional environment. It all seems easy but once you enter that high pressure environment you realize just how crucial these things are! And remain in touch with current world affairs, improve your general knowledge and show them you know a bit about whats going on in the world. Read a newspaper or a good magazine regularly. It helps in improving English a lot too.

By the way search the forum there is some very good advice on this topic here from senior members which helped me during my application.

- raza 123 - 09-11-2010

Thanks Aimad bhai its very useful for me - )

- sayyaf - 09-12-2010

Raza iam from CA,17th mfc and 1 refer in module C(FA2)
am waiting for interview call from AFF and E&Y.

- sayyaf - 09-12-2010

thanks again Aimaad...

yes,I have gone through few threads in this forum and found really good tips.Do u have any idea how many trainees big4 r going to recruit this time?

- sheraz ahmed - 09-12-2010

can anybody tell me has e and y stopped issuing forms?

- raza 123 - 09-12-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sayyaf</i>
<br />Raza iam from CA,17th mfc and 1 refer in module C(FA2)
am waiting for interview call from AFF and E&Y.

Best of Luck