Accountancy Forum
2nd interview in AFF and KPMG - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: 2nd interview in AFF and KPMG (/showthread.php?tid=7774)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- aimaad22 - 09-13-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sayyaf</i>
<br />thanks again Aimaad...

yes,I have gone through few threads in this forum and found really good tips.Do u have any idea how many trainees big4 r going to recruit this time?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You're most welcome.

Nope Im afraid I cant say how many people will be hired.

- sheraz ahmed - 09-14-2010

i am waiting for my question.

- raza 123 - 09-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sheraz ahmed</i>
<br />i am waiting for my question.

Go visit firm or pay visit www.ey.com

- sayyaf - 09-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sheraz ahmed</i>
<br />can anybody tell me has e and y stopped issuing forms?

<b>last date for submission of forms(either manually or online) was 8 sept.Call E&Y for ur query </b>

- aamalik - 09-16-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sayyaf</i>
<br />thanks alot aimaad....

could u plz guide abt what big4 look for in a candidate.What r their requirements and how can I fulfill them?

As said either the whole of Mod A to C qualified or a total of 10 papers for CA guys and I 'think' ACCAites ought to be affiliates...

- sayyaf - 09-17-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by faizicapri</i>
<br />if anyone has received a call for 2nd interview from AFF OR KPMG plzz acknowledge here...i have been waiting for 2nd Interview in these two firm but have'nt received any call yet.
my first interview was on 18th march in both AFF AND KPMG same day!!
i am talking about karachi office.
so anyone who has any info about this plzz share

<b></b>today was my interview at AFF.U said that ur first interview was on 18th march and 2nd on 8 april.I have heard that AFF responds quickly,perhaps within 10 days of first interview.Was ever1 called so late or ur case was an exception?

- faizicapri - 09-17-2010

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by faizicapri</i>
<br />if anyone has received a call for 2nd interview from AFF OR KPMG plzz acknowledge here...i have been waiting for 2nd Interview in these two firm but have'nt received any call yet.
my first interview was on 18th march in both AFF AND KPMG same day!!
i am talking about karachi office.
so anyone who has any info about this plzz share

<b></b>today was my interview at AFF.U said that ur first interview was on 18th march and 2nd on 8 april.I have heard that AFF responds quickly,perhaps within 10 days of first interview.Was ever1 called so late or ur case was an exception?

Yaar it really depends on AFF when they call u for 2nd interview, although my case was not exceptional many students had to wait so long.
just keep checking ur id online from aff website if ur status is changed from PENDING to RECOMMENDED then u will be definitely called for 2nd interview, and almost 98% of students called for 2nd interview are selected,
so just PRAY and wait.

- faizicapri - 09-18-2010

@sayyaf
my 1st interview went really good, at the end of the interview they said to me "Mr.Faizan ur tax knowledge is not up to the mark but still we r processing ur application for 2nd interview, so be prepared when u come for ur 2nd interview"

- A.A - 09-18-2010

@faizicapriThough your reply about pending application form was for somebody else,it indirectly solved my problem so thanks alot.

@aimaad22AoA!I am about to finally complete the online AFF form inshallah.The references portion has been marked with asterisks meaning that you have to fill it.What did you do when you were applying since you didn't use any reference?Leave it blank or what?Hope you reply soon.Thanks.

- aimaad22 - 09-19-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by A.A</i>
<br />@faizicapriThough your reply about pending application form was for somebody else,it indirectly solved my problem so thanks alot.

@aimaad22AoA!I am about to finally complete the online AFF form inshallah.The references portion has been marked with asterisks meaning that you have to fill it.What did you do when you were applying since you didn't use any reference?Leave it blank or what?Hope you reply soon.Thanks.

References here can mean 2 things. These days people use 'reference' to mean 'sifarish' or 'pawwa'. Alhamdullilah I didnt have to use that. However, actually reference just means reference!! It is used all over the professional world. Its just a contact you give of someone in a position of confidence so the potential employer can double check your credentials. That is what the reference sections means here. You should definitely fill it up. It can be anyone, but the more respectable position the better. For e.g. it could be someone you know who's a professor in a college or a manager at a bank. Something like that.

- A.A - 09-19-2010

@aimaad22Thanks alot for your reply.It reassured me as I had gotten a bit confused between the 2 types.I am finally done with the form though for some reason,extra-curricular activities wouldn't get uploaded.

- aimaad22 - 09-20-2010

You're welcome! Best of luck.

- sayyaf - 09-20-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by A.A</i>
<br />@faizicapriThough your reply about pending application form was for somebody else,it indirectly solved my problem so thanks alot.

Make sure the person u r quoting as reference knows u Personally.They may ask ur relationship with the person referred, in the interview.

- A.A - 09-20-2010

@aimaad22Thank you.Hope your training is going well.Are you registered with ICAP now?
@sayyafThanks for your advice.I have now mentally prepared the answer to this question about the references!

- aimaad22 - 09-21-2010

Yes Im registered now as was my plan always, and by Allah's grace training is going well.