Accountancy Forum
Interview of Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Interview of Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder (/showthread.php?tid=7782)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- harounkhan - 04-18-2010

Yaar idiotboy, why would they ask me questions of law? -S
I did ages ago. Ab to bilkul yaad nahin hai. I don't have it's book either. Infact I don't have books of F7 and F8 either. Internet se standards revise kar raha hoon. Not in detail. I am just going through all of them, just to know what it's all about. I don't think even the interviewer is expecting me to answer all the questions he asks. But I hope I am able to answer confidently about about 85% of the questions confidently. I asked one of my friend who got inducted in E & Y in Islamabad. He said that he had only one interview and it wasn't so tough. I also don't think that my interview will be long. I am a little nervous but INSHALLAH I'll do fine. Sab theek ho jayega. Btw, do they make you wait after the second interview ya phir contract usi waqt de dete hain? Any idea?

- paradigm - 04-18-2010

Horoun, from what my freind told me they offer u the contract immediately but not 100% sure about it

- idiot.boy - 04-18-2010

@Haroun & Aimad ) ... Suppose haroun , ur called for 2nd interview , and partner asks u to finally sign the contract !! what if he asks u before putting ur pen on the paper that , HAROUN , U KNOW WHAT CONTRACT IS ?? ... what u'll answer )

If he asks u , in pakistan , which contract LAW are u abiding by signing this piece of document ) ?? what u'll answer ??

What are the main clauses involved in it ?? how u'll find that out ??

What if partner ask's u about , DO U KNOW ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYEMENT RIGHTS ?? what u'll answer ??

What if partner asks that , u know what will happen if there's any breach of contract ???

YAAR KYA JAWAB DAYGA OSAY D .. that i dnt remember what contract is D lolz !! HE CAN ASK U ANYTHING !! HE WONT ASK U ABT THE CASE LAWS , BUT U SHOULD KNOW ABT THE BASICS , SO THATS WHY IM ADVISING U , JUST REVISE THE CONCEPTS !!

Director duties AKSAR poochi jati hain interviews ma !! Haroun , make sure , PARTNER will be taking ur interview and its the last chance , ya AR ya PAR !!

and Aimad , aj hi F4 pakaro and start ho jao !! .... LAW IS AS IMPORTANT AS ACCOUNTING AND AUDITING !!

- paradigm - 04-18-2010

Bhai AFF mai apply nahi kiya p

- harounkhan - 04-18-2010

Paradigm, do you know any person who has already had his second interview at Ernst & Young in this induction? If so, then ask him the questions, because I am sure all of the candidates will be asked the same questions. Plus, how are you preparing for it? Are you revising all the standards? I am so confused, because there are so many standards.

@ idiotboy, yaar I think if he asks me about contract, breach of contract and employement duties, I might be able to answer them, because it's pretty much general stuff. But I still think he won't ask me about law, but anyhow I'll revise it a bit. Cheers !!!

- paradigm - 04-18-2010

Haroun, no man i dont know anyone who has given the second interview. Im currently revising both auditing and accounting standards but not really confident abt them / , im also gathering all the info i can abt ey from their website.
I m really nervous man. Allah khair keray

- paradigm - 04-19-2010

Haroun, do take your orignal documents along with u. They specifically asked me to bring my orignl docs along with me

- paradigm - 04-19-2010

Haroun, do take your orignal documents along with u. They specifically asked me to bring my orignl docs along with me

- rakeshkumar - 04-19-2010

I didn't get any call 4 2nd interview[(]

By da way Haroun n Paradigm, yar plz do share ur experience of the second interview..

- saad_srk - 04-20-2010

how was the interview guys?...what were u guys asked?....when is the training starting from? are they still calling ppl or today was the last day?

- masroorahmed - 04-21-2010

hey ... paradigm howz was ur interwiew tht waz scheduld on monday... plz man share ur experience

- paradigm - 04-21-2010

Mine didnt go to well, couldnt answer 2 of the three question i was askd (  The partner told me they will decide in a few days and let me know. 
Question were regarding going concern, illegal practices and deffered tax. 

Haroun how did ur interview go ?

- saad_srk - 04-21-2010

in how many days would they inform u?

- harounkhan - 04-21-2010

Well unfortunately I didn't get selected. It was a very weird experience for me. First of all, the partner refused to shake hands with me. I was like WTF !!! I put my hand forward and said "Good Afternoon Sir", he just pointed towards the seat and said "please sit down". I knew straightaway what was in store for me. First thing he said was that I didn't clear the test and there are alot of other students who have done better in the test. I only cleared English and IQ section, and failed the auditing and accounting section. But the main reason he gave me for not selecting me was that I had a referrence. I did use a referrence, but it was not a strong one by any stretch of imagination, as the only thing he helped me in was get me a seat for the test. The rest was happening through the standard procedure. The partner started insulting me for using a referrence. He started saying that "foreign qualification hai lekin typical Pakistani wali mentality hai... Safaarshi ho tum.... I don't induct students with referrences, etc etc".... I told him that Sir the very firm you are working in has a referrences column in the training application form, which means that your firm is actually encouraging students to have referrences. He said that you are right but I don't hire people with referrences. He then said that anyhow I will ask you a few questions to judge your auditing knowledge. He first asked me what is the differnece between an external auditor and an internal auditor, I answered that well. Secondly he asked me that if the company is having going concern problems, as an auditor what would you do? I answered that too. But the partner said that you didn't answer in detail without referring standards so you don't have the knowledge. It was pretty obvious that he just does not want me in. Next question was that if the auditor finds out the company he is auditing is involved in illegal practises, then what would you do. I told him that it is the auditor's duty to bring this issue in the notice of manager and if the manager doesn't do anything about it, then the auditor must inform the legal authorities and in this scenario he must not carry out the audit. The partner again that it's an incomplete answer. The auditor will not go from manager straight to legal authorities but he will inform the Board of Directors in between. And then he told me that I did not say that the auditor will not carry out the audit, when I can swear on my life I told him that. Then he asked me that if the business is experiencing losses then how would you recommed the company to minimize losses. I told him that the company should find ways to reduce its cost and expenses, and that will help them reduce the losses. He said that this was not the answer he was looking for, the correct answer is deferred tax. So the partner said that I don't have the correct knowledge of auditing and if he sends me to a client for auditing then I won't carry out the audit properly. I told him that to my knowledge you don't send out a trainee to a client to carry out the audit, you send a professional auditor and along with him you send trainess so that they work with him and learn from him. Isn't that what training is all about? Learning how to audit? Anyways the partner then said that he is not going to induct me because A) I didn't clear the test, B) I used a referrence, and C) I didn't answer the questions properly, when I am sure I did not do very bad in the questions he asked me. The thing is that if the partner had no real desire to hire me, then why on earth did he call me for the second interview? Just to insult me? And I am really curious to know if he hires anybody who has a referrence. And guys, that guy is a bit weird. You will be asked the same questions, so be prepared. I did not get the articleship which I really wanted. But I wish you guys the best of luck. Hope you guys make it.

- paradigm - 04-21-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by harounkhan</i>
<br />Well unfortunately I didn't get selected. It was a very weird experience for me. First of all, the partner refused to shake hands with me. I was like WTF !!! I put my hand forward and said "Good Afternoon Sir", he just pointed towards the seat and said "please sit down". I knew straightaway what was in store for me. First thing he said was that I didn't clear the test and there are alot of other students who have done better in the test. I only cleared English and IQ section, and failed the auditing and accounting section. But the main reason he gave me for not selecting me was that I had a referrence. I did use a referrence, but it was not a strong one by any stretch of imagination, as the only thing he helped me in was get me a seat for the test. The rest was happening through the standard procedure. The partner started insulting me for using a referrence. He started saying that "foreign qualification hai lekin typical Pakistani wali mentality hai... Safaarshi ho tum.... I don't induct students with referrences, etc etc".... I told him that Sir the very firm you are working in has a referrences column in the training application form, which means that your firm is actually encouraging students to have referrences. He said that you are right but I don't hire people with referrences. He then said that anyhow I will ask you a few questions to judge your auditing knowledge. He first asked me what is the differnece between an external auditor and an internal auditor, I answered that well. Secondly he asked me that if the company is having going concern problems, as an auditor what would you do? I answered that too. But the partner said that you didn't answer in detail without referring standards so you don't have the knowledge. It was pretty obvious that he just does not want me in. Next question was that if the auditor finds out the company he is auditing is involved in illegal practises, then what would you do. I told him that it is the auditor's duty to bring this issue in the notice of manager and if the manager doesn't do anything about it, then the auditor must inform the legal authorities and in this scenario he must not carry out the audit. The partner again that it's an incomplete answer. The auditor will not go from manager straight to legal authorities but he will inform the Board of Directors in between. And then he told me that I did not say that the auditor will not carry out the audit, when I can swear on my life I told him that. Then he asked me that if the business is experiencing losses then how would you recommed the company to minimize losses. I told him that the company should find ways to reduce its cost and expenses, and that will help them reduce the losses. He said that this was not the answer he was looking for, the correct answer is deferred tax. So the partner said that I don't have the correct knowledge of auditing and if he sends me to a client for auditing then I won't carry out the audit properly. I told him that to my knowledge you don't send out a trainee to a client to carry out the audit, you send a professional auditor and along with him you send trainess so that they work with him and learn from him. Isn't that what training is all about? Learning how to audit? Anyways the partner then said that he is not going to induct me because A) I didn't clear the test, B) I used a referrence, and C) I didn't answer the questions properly, when I am sure I did not do very bad in the questions he asked me. The thing is that if the partner had no real desire to hire me, then why on earth did he call me for the second interview? Just to insult me? And I am really curious to know if he hires anybody who has a referrence. And guys, that guy is a bit weird. You will be asked the same questions, so be prepared. I did not get the articleship which I really wanted. But I wish you guys the best of luck. Hope you guys make it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The EXACT same thing happened with me man...i also had a reference and just as i entered the room start he told me that the only reason i was called was because of the reference, so i sort of started panicking inside and in all that couldn't answer the question properly.
He asked me the same three questions, and the last question "what would the auditor recommend the client if they have shown losses in the financial statements? " how is this a deferred tax question ?
anyways good thing i didnt offer a handshake.

Haroun, do wait a few days, they might call, u never know.