Accountancy Forum
Interview of Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Interview of Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder (/showthread.php?tid=7782)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- paradigm - 04-22-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by eshah</i>
<br />Oh right. And seriously your reply has got me tensed. I am a P level student too and was planning to go into E and Y completely on reference around June.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

why in june ? EY only recruits in March and October.

- eshah - 04-22-2010

Yeah but i had a reference. They said that i can come in June after I am done with my exams and will be left with only two IA. But now its actually freaking me out. Such behavior i cannot tolerate lol

- harounkhan - 04-22-2010

Must be a really strong reference you got there. You shouldn't worry if you are not having any test or interview.

- eshah - 04-22-2010

That is the part worrying me. I have been told to just come. No idea whether i will be given a test or an interview . My grades have been good so far and have had first time passes. So i thought that it wont be an issue because it is not like I am getting a reference as i am not capable enough. But if they treat everyone who tries to come this way AND is a student like crap then i guess i need to be prepared S

- harounkhan - 04-22-2010

The fact that you have been told to just come probably means that they will give you a contract straight away and you will start training. The partner will not interview you or anything because their induction process is over. So there is no need to worry.

- eshah - 04-22-2010

Yeah hope so. I am fine with giving the tests and interviews as long as they are professional and dont involve the partner acting nuts. But it was weird to read all this. These firms are famous for recruiting on references.

- aimaad22 - 04-22-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rakeshkumar</i>
<br />I totaly agree with Aimaad that these would b partner's pressure techniques. but it sounds very sad n worrying that Haroun was outrightly rejected by the partner at the interview...
well i hav also heard that he's not asking any technical Qs from affiliates. on the other hand being rude with n pressurising the non affiliates.

@ Aimaad22 dear plz do share ur expereince of interview with us.

I have done so in the other thread.

- paradigm - 04-22-2010

eshah, if u go in june they wont induct u in the training program, they would just hire u as an intern or something.

- eshah - 04-22-2010

Hmm, yeah lets see what kind of exposure i get!

- masroorahmed - 04-22-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by saad_srk</i>
<br />@ masroor they call u on your cellphone if u have mentioned your cellphone number in the form......................... and a i would also like to mention that a boy was called for an interview with the partner 10 days back and he was not asked a single technical questions.he was just asked general question but the partner said that he would have been hired if he was acca qualified.the boy said that he just have 2 paprs to go but the partner told him that they want to hire affiliates only and he was not selected even though he cleared the test...... so the point is that u need to clear the test plus u need to have acca affiliate status....only then they will hire u......anyways haroun and paradigm dont lose hope....... jo hota hai achey ke liye hota hai.

well ths thing waz also running nd racing in my mind frm a long time tht how thy can call ACCA student i mean thy ve access to much better stuf then me nd others.
to me thy only calls becoz of bieng holding an acca employer status ...nd thy mite be pressurised by ACCA pakistan in order to give impression of ACCA,s Value in ths hard times ...
or the othr side of coin may be .... thay ll recruit maximum 4-5 ACCA student who really deserves ... i mean thy may ve a Quota system fr we student...

- mdanishraza - 04-22-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paradigm</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mdanishraza</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paradigm</i>
<br />@mdanishraza, so u were rejected too or did he say they will call ?

rejected...and there is no waiting list..only rejection list (

now I'm worried. I wasn't rejected nor selected. I was told they will let me know in 2-3 days, 2 days gone still nothing (

@paradigm.. don't worry INSHALLAH everything will be fine. I have heard that 40 trainees are inducted and the process not yet finished..So hope for the best.

- rakeshkumar - 04-23-2010

@ Masroorahmed Dear this all is just a BULL****!!! Dear if they would have been pressurised by ACCA Pakistan then they would have set the same criteria of recruitment 4 both CAs n ACCAs. but No. they're hiring CAs on the basis of Module D n ACCA affiliates, in even those affiliates they need those who have taken P6 n P7 as optional papers.[(!]

@Harounkhan dear thanx 4 ur advice that u gave me, but all these r useless bcz i was not called for 2nd interview.[(]

- ausmanpk2001 - 04-23-2010

paradigm & haroon as far as what happened with you is concerned. This happens when the reference is not strong enough. Jab sifarish maari ho tu esa hi hota hai. This happens everywhere, not just in firms.
If the reference may have been good enough, then he'd have hired you.

- harounkhan - 04-23-2010

Kindly explain what is a strong referrence? If you mean a close relative being a director or partner of a firm, then it's impossible. Because I don't have any relative in such a position.

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 04-23-2010

Salam to everyone !
haroun and paradigm, i must say that you people are very good because i did my ACCA in two years without failing a single exam but i dont know how you people can answer those questions asked in the interviews to you. I can guarantee that i couldn't have answered a single question like you people did i can't even remember a single thing about any paper i gave in ACCA apart from f7 . what is your advice how should i approach an interview if get one in the near future, i cant revise each and every thing in all the 14 books and especially audit as i didnot take p7 as optional paper