Accountancy Forum
PWC Ferguson or EY Ford Rhodes as firm to start ?? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: PWC Ferguson or EY Ford Rhodes as firm to start ?? (/showthread.php?tid=7784)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- kamranACA - 04-10-2010

Mohsin and others

Institutions are primarily run by systems and standardized SOPs though human involvement cannot be denied. However, such involvement does not break into the SOPs for interests of individuals. Rare incidents are not under discussion.

Other non-institutional set-ups are highly dependent upon individuals, their decisions, benefits and interests. I don’t wish to write more on it. This is too difficult to explain you at this stage (and specially when specifically named firms are under discussion) and I recognize and accept my lack of appropriate expression to make you guys understand.

In AFF, all sections are good and each one has its own SWOT; yet I believe for an upcoming CFA plus ACCA their section managed by Mr. Rasheed Jaffer would be more appropriate. I don't exactly know which one is that; some one from AFF can guide you in this respect.

Regardless of above, I believe E&Y is also an extremely quality place to work at; and there is also no denial of huge portfolio of audits with KPMG. Still, my experience says that if you want to be a part of the profession in the longer run, (in Pakistan), nothing is comparable to AFF.

Just to clarify, that I am/was not from AFF.

Certainly people like Mohsin are our gems; one such gem is oddysee (a member of this forum) who has not been appearing on forum for quite some time.

Regards,

- idiot.boy - 04-10-2010

@kamranACA => Ur 100% Right !! I DIDNT GET A SINGLE WORD ABT THIS INSTITUTION THING ) !!

- mohsintcs - 04-11-2010

thanks Kabran bhai, for explaining the term institution, I think i got a hint of it and have witnessed the power of some 'individuals' recently where i currently am.

- idiot.boy - 04-11-2010

@mohsin => LMAO !! Being an Idiot is better than being a NERD D

Baki akalmand ka liya ishara hi bht hota ha ) ... BEST OF LUCK MAN WITH AFF !!

- aimaad22 - 04-11-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by idiot.boy</i>
<br />@kamranACA => Ur 100% Right !! I DIDNT GET A SINGLE WORD ABT THIS INSTITUTION THING ) !!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thats the problem with Pakistan. If our institutions were actually institutions we'd be much better off. Institutions have processes, set guidelines and a predefined and time tested way of working. People have to fit into the system, and not the other way around like in our country where everytime system is changed by individuals. Institutions provide organisation, discipline and efficiency. What we have here is the 'kaam chalao' approach.

- faizicapri - 04-11-2010

@mohsintcs
its really good to see people like u on this forum. u r really a one of gem )
we all forum members would like to hear more from u on this forum, so u shud participate more on this forum so that other members can take benefit from ur precious and valuable comments.

- faizicapri - 04-11-2010

@mohsintcs
i would also like to ask u on which date u have to report in AFF ?

- idiot.boy - 04-11-2010

@mohsinTCS

Literally dude , ur last msg made me thought twice that who were the people in AFF n E&Y who selected you anyway D

These 8 lines above of yours reflecting narcissistic attitude .. AS u used the word JEALOUS for me ), can u kindly prove it by any ALPHABET of mine on this page or anywhere on the form by which u can say I AM JEALOUS OF YOU ??? or it seems to me that haughtyness of yours is showering out of the cup boundaries ) ineptness is not the only thing which one can show , or geting drunk in his own pents !!

Dude , just like fAIZI said ,, YOU ARE A GEM ) doesnt make us feel JEALOUS OF YOU, !! we are still in the applying stage and yes INSHA_ALLAH we will 2 get in big 4, but that doesn't mean we'll give a SLAP ON YOUR FACE by making a new TOPIC ID , " WE ALSO GOT SELECTED IN BIG 4 " D

No hard feelings and Be careful of choosing your words IDIOT Wink !!

- mohsintcs - 04-11-2010

thanks faizi, for the appreciation, i would surely indulge more of my precious time to these forums to enlighten myself and others through a mutual discussion within the confinements of self respect, but as u can see some people really make it difficult to for things to get along.

anyways, Training starts from 26th April inshallah

- mohsintcs - 04-11-2010

@faizi

i see ur from 16th mfc, wht does that mean ? and congrats for getting in AFF )

- idiot.boy - 04-11-2010

@mohsinTCS ... yaar kasam say akal ka dhakan hay tu !! ... aik bar smajhaya samjh nahin ai , is liya ab ma urdu ma kooshish ker raha hon !! shyd app ki chotay sa damag ka kisay chotay say hisay ma kuch baat palay par jay !!

yeh lafz JEALOUS ki definition parho pehlay ja ker , open www.google.com wahan per leekhna jealous !! ghoor say parhna theak ....

Ab mugehy yahan per VAKEEL banna par raha hay .... zara oper scrooll kero and dekho yeh kah baat start kahan say hoi !!

KamranACA nay institution ka baray ma bataya , or agay sa mera reply sirf yehi tha kah MERI SAMJH SAY WAKI BALATAR hay abhi yeh baat , COZ ma nay aj tak kabhi kisi jaga per kam nahin kiya and itni info nahin ha !!

tumhain kuch kaha ma nay ??? ongli tumhain hi hoi , meray name say panga layna ki , yaar USER NAME ha mera IDIOT.BOY , tumhain to jaisay MIRROR nazar aya ho , apna aks dekh liya meray name ma !!

hadh ha yaar teri b .... NERD ma nay institution wali baat per kaha and was directed to KAMRANACA , but whoi choor ki darhi ma tinka wali baat aa gai yaar D

NOW I HOPE THAT U'LL GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHATEVER I SAID IN SIMPLE CLEAR URDU , WILL MAKE YOUR SMALL MOLECULE BRAIN A BIT ASSIMILATE OF MY EXPLNATION !!

HOPE U WONT REPLY HERE BACK WASTING YOUR OWN TIME AND MINE !! COZ NOW I WONT GIVE A DAMN TO REPLY YOU !!

* agar yeh last 4 lines b samjh nahin ain tu bata dyana yeh b urdu ma leekh don ga * !!

PEACE !!

- kamranACA - 04-12-2010

Mohsin and Idiot

Plz don't get into a fight buddies; you all are the future and one day you all have to inspire the times to come.

Who knows who is hidden in these students.

Best of luck to you all for your interviews and career. Don't use harsh words for each other.

Regards,

Kamran.

- mohsintcs - 04-12-2010

@Idiot boy

I dont need to scroll up, or read any of ur statements anymore as i now have to resort back to my Due Diligence engagement at EY TAS and have a hell of a week ahead.
I will be the greater man and am deleting every thing that is not the topic of discussion here.

- faizicapri - 04-12-2010

Mohsin & idiot.boy
Dear i think there is some misunderstanding between u people. u shud try to understand each other as we belong to very respectable profession.
U people shud sort it out now and be friends.
I also think that mistake was on both parts.so u both shud be sorry to each other.

Mohsin.
by the way MFC is the batch no.
and mohsin what decision has u made ?? ru going to join AFF or EY ?
I also have been told to report on 26th april at ICAP at 830am.

- aimaad22 - 04-12-2010

Why do they ask to report at ICAP? By the way I applied in ICAP after my ACCA result, I hope thats okay with firms? Or do they have their own procedure?