Accountancy Forum
PWC Ferguson or EY Ford Rhodes as firm to start ?? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: PWC Ferguson or EY Ford Rhodes as firm to start ?? (/showthread.php?tid=7784)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- faizicapri - 04-12-2010

@aimaad
AFF training workshop is conducted at ICAP.
Firm have thier own procedure for recruitment.

- imdad1 - 04-12-2010

@ Kamran bhai..yes you are right Rashid sahab deals with section C and one of the subdivision of Sec C is Risk advisory services which has great scope for ACCAs.however AFF also enters in to contract with ACCA in Section C audit.

Furthermore about client some one said 90 % listed client with KPMG.for there kind information banks were transfered from ferguson to other firms due to legislation of rotation policy by SBP and code of corporate governence. these client are coming back now like faysal bank is back now and in RAS we got National bank pakistan bazzle so its the biggest project ever of bazzle in Pakistan. for reference go read http//www.thefinancialdaily.com/NewsSearchResult/NewsSearchDetail.aspx?NewsId=119445

- mohsintcs - 04-12-2010

@faizi
ive decided to join AFF, have until tomorrow to confirm to EY whether im joining or not.

- mohsintcs - 04-12-2010

@imdad
r as u r in sec c, do u happen to know Sarim ?
which sec has asset management and mutual funds?

- faizicapri - 04-13-2010

@mohsin
Good decision brother!
i am looking forward to meet u on 26th april at ICAP, i hope u would'nt mind.

by the way asset management and mutual funds are in SECTION C .
correct me if i am wrong.

- imdad1 - 04-13-2010

@ mohsin i dont know sarim yes asset management companies and mutual funds are mostly in Sec C.audit.

- Ubaid15 - 04-14-2010

Was anyone told of something about being on probation after the second interview, and something about if the firm has 'surplus' trainees at anytime one could be let go. A friend of mine got told that in his second interview, even though he got in. And imdad could you tell us what happens if after the results you have a paper or two remaining ?

- imdad1 - 04-14-2010

@ ubaid...yar..the firm narrowed down their policies from our batch 10 mfc. they started very strict interviews plus stiff passing creteria like first attempters or only one more attempt allowed forms in aff unfortunately.
well in our times there was no such poliy like if you dont pass module D papers they will let u off..
but now i have heard that they have entacted this policy that new ones have to pass module D papers within certain attempts..well i am not sure about it.

- Ubaid15 - 04-14-2010

Thanks for the insight Imdad. I'm from 15th mfc and have 2 papers of D and 1 of C remaining. The friend who got interviewed also told me that he met a trainee at the firm, who said he'd been there for 2 years without passing the papers. Have you ever heard of someone being let off for not clearing ?. Either way InshAllah I hope to clear those three papers this time, but there's always ambiguity until you actually get the results

- imdad1 - 04-14-2010

@ ubaid best of luck for the papers well i know couple of people who are facing the same situation however as i told you before they were from the older batches and i am of the view that now they have narrowed down their policies which would be applicable to the incoming/ new internee i hope you are getting my point of view

- Ubaid15 - 04-14-2010

I see. Thanks a lot ).

- faizicapri - 04-14-2010

@ubaid
yaar i dont think that AFF will do like this if a person do not succeed to pass his module d
i know a person who is my friend. he is of 13mfc but still has two papers of module d left to clear.and he is still in AFF.
although in my 2nd interview i was told "ASSUMING THAT U CLEAR UR MODULE D, WE SHALL OFFER U A CONTRACT STARTING FROM 1-JUNE-2010"
nothing was told about probabtion period.
they told me to follow strictly AFF CODE OF ETHICS the book of which will be provided on 26th april at ICAP.

Ubaid u too plzz share ur 2nd interview discussion.

- Ubaid15 - 04-14-2010

My second interview was short, lasted 10 minutes.It was taken by one partner, I don't know his name, he didn't tell me his name. He started by asking me why my first interview didn't go well and I said I wasn't told my first interview didn't go well. He then asked me about Price earnings ratio, earnings per share, 20 x 21, elements of free consent, 0.5% of 100, then asked me if I had any questions for him. When I first said not as such, he said you've come to AFF and you don't have any question for me. Well then I asked him if I would get in, to which he replied, I'll let you know. He asked me about AFF then, and I told him about the firm from their site to which he said you've read our site. I said, Yes sir, I've done my research. Then he told me to report at ICAP, the same as everyone else, showed me the booklet on the code of conduct, told me any departure from that would result in my departure from the firm ).

He also said, that we expect you to work with diligence and above all be honest in your dealings and if you clear your papers you'll be offered the traineeship. I asked him what if a paper or two get referred, to which he said then it'll be 'delayed'. I wasn't told anything about any probation either.

- faizicapri - 04-15-2010

@ubaid
very strange i was asked almost the same questions except for the ELEMENTS OF FREE CONSENT!!!
i think the parnter who took the interview was SALMAN.
anyways finally we r selected ALAHAMDULILLAH.
i am anxiously waiting for 26th april.
ubaid i would like to meet u on 26th april at ICAP if ur consent is there.

- aimaad22 - 04-15-2010

I think the probation is in ICAP rule, 2 months of it.