Accountancy Forum
Worth to read - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Worth to read (/showthread.php?tid=7848)

- raza 123 - 07-06-2010

i hope people who r upset with my 2nd last post would like my last post .. -)

- yasir_live - 07-07-2010

Wardah.

Truely Enjoy reading your last Post. Keep Continue!

Regards.

- Ali RAZA - 07-07-2010

wardah... tumhari last post bohat acchi thi..

- WARDAH - 07-07-2010

thanx buddies [)]. . .nice sharing raza123.

- Anamz1 - 07-07-2010

<u><center><b>Judge by the Looks</b></center></u>

A lady in a faded gingham dress and her husband, dressed in a homespun threadbare suit, stepped off the train in Boston, and walked timidly without an appointment into the president's outer office. The secretary could tell in a moment that such backwoods, country hicks had no business at Harvard and probably didn't even deserve to be in Cambridge. She frowned.
"We want to see the president," the man said softly.
"He'll be busy all day," the secretary snapped.
"We'll wait," the lady replied.
For hours, the secretary ignored them, hoping that the couple would finally become discouraged and go away. They didn't. And the secretary grew frustrated and finally decided to disturb the president, even though it was a chore she always regretted to do. "Maybe if they just see you for a few minutes, they'll leave," she told him. And he sighed in exasperation and nodded. Someone of his importance obviously didn't have the time to spend with them, but he detested gingham dresses and homespun suits cluttering up his outer office. The president, stern-faced with dignity, strutted toward the couple.
The lady told him, "We had a son that attended Harvard for one year. He loved Harvard. He was happy here. But about a year ago, he was accidentally killed. And my husband and I would like to erect a memorial to him, somewhere on campus". The president wasn't touched he was shocked.
"Madam," he said gruffly, "we can't put up a statue for every person who attended Harvard and died. If we did, this place would look like a cemetery."
"Oh, no," the lady explained quickly, "we don't want to erect a statue. We thought we would like to give a building to Harvard.
The president rolled his eyes. He glanced at the gingham dress and
homespun suit, then exclaimed, "A building! Do you have any earthly idea how much a building costs? We have over seven and a half million dollars in the physical plant at Harvard." For a moment the lady was silent.
The president was pleased. He could get rid of them now.
The lady turned to her husband and said quietly, "Is that all it costs to start a University? Why don't we just start our own?" Her husband nodded. The president's face wilted in confusion and bewilderment.
Mr. and Mrs. Leland Stanford walked away, traveling to Palo Alto, California where they established the University that bears their name, a memorial to a son that Harvard no longer cared about!

- WARDAH - 07-08-2010

plz explain it adhi sjh ai adhi opr sy guzr gai [(] pehly to kpry hi ni smjh ae unky. ..

- raza 123 - 07-08-2010

<b>More Generous than Hatim Tai (Generosity)</b>

Generosity QuotesHatim Tai was questioned "Have you come across any one more generous than yourself?"

Hatim Tai replied "Yes, I have"

Hatim Tai was asked "Where?"

Hatim Tai said I had been traveling in the desert when I came across a tent. Inside it there was an old lady while behind the tent a goat lay tied. When the old lady saw me she approached me and held the reins of my horse so that I could dismount. A little later, her son arrived and was immensely pleased to have me as their guest. The old lady said to him "Commence the preparations to entertain our guest. Go and slaughter the goat and prepare some food."

The son said "First I shall go and collect some firewood," but the old lady said "Going to the desert and bringing the firewood shall consume a lot of time due to which our guest would have to remain hungry for long, and this would be contrary to social etiquette."

So the son, breaking the only two lances that he possessed, slaughtered the goat, prepared the food and presented it before me. When I investigated about their condition, I realized that the goat had been their only possession and despite this, they had slaughtered it for me. I said to the old lady "Do you recognize me?" When she replied in the negative, I said "I am Hatim Tai. You must come with me to my tribe so that I can entertain you and shower you with gifts and presents!"

The old lady said "Neither do we seek any reward from our guests nor do we sell bread for money, and she refused to accept anything from me." Witnessing this generosity, I realized that they were far more generous and munificent than me.

- raza 123 - 07-08-2010

<font color="purple"><b>You are what you think!</b></font id="purple">

<font color="blue"><b>* Your inner thoughts can cause you to be rich or poor, loved or unloved, happy or unhappy, attractive or unattractive, powerful or weak.
* What you impress upon your mind, you'll inevitably become. It's a psychological law that whatever you desire to accomplish you must first impress upon your subconscious mind.
* Relentless, repetitive self talk will change your self image. You'll affect your subconscious mind with verbal repetition. Constant repetition carries conviction.
* When you change your values you'll change your behavior. Start thinking of yourself as becoming the person you want to be. Self suggestion will make you the master of yourself.
* If you believe you can, you can.
* You can become whatever you want to be.</b></font id="blue">

- WARDAH - 07-09-2010

i think ye hatim tai wali story to hum sb ny hi bchpn mai apny course mai prhi hui hai urdu mai.was gud!! last post bhi gud hai keep it up )

- raza 123 - 07-09-2010

[8)]

- raza 123 - 07-10-2010

<b>Live for something</b>

Do good, and leave behind you a monument of virtue that the storms of time can never destroy. Write your name in kindness, love, and mercy on the hearts of thousands you come in contact with year by year, and you will never be forgotten. Your name and your good deeds will shine as the stars of heaven.

- yasir_live - 07-10-2010

Is k liay tu pehlay Heart Ka Doctor bunna Parega, Kaai saray saalon ki Parhai, Phir house Job, Phir internship, Phir kahin jaa kar moka milay ga Operation karnay ka, Phir Logon k Dil baher nikaal kar un per main Apnay naam ki Stampain lagunga ).......Kiding.

Nice One. Keep Continue With.

Regards.

- raza 123 - 07-10-2010

-)[xx(] thanks [)][)][)][)][)]

- raza 123 - 07-10-2010

<b>Slow down</b>

* Life is not a race. It is a journey.
* Getting someplace first, before anyone else, has very little real and lasting meaning. Seek instead to encourage others to come along, and you'll find the journey much more fulfilling.
* When you hurry through each moment, you miss out on the richness that could be yours. Take the time to live, to experience where you are, rather than being so obsessed with getting to the next checkpoint.
* When you stop demanding to have it all now, you'll discover that you have plenty already. Learn to experience joy where you are, and you'll experience it in abundance.
* Yes, it can be wonderfully exhilarating when life is moving quickly. But do not move so quickly that speed becomes your only experience, for there is so much more to enjoy.
* The terrain of life is filled with wonderful and astounding detail. Slow down and take in its richness.

- Anamz1 - 07-10-2010

Well that was really meaningful and positive contribution from your side Raza123.

<u><center><b>The Burning Hut</b></center></u>

The only survivor of a shipwreck washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements, and to store his few possessions. But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky. The worst had happened; everything was lost. He was stung with grief and anger. "God, how could you do this to me!" he cried.
Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him. "How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.
It is easy to get discouraged when things are going bad. But we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering.
Remember next time your little hut is burning to the ground- - it just may be a smoke signal that summons the grace of God.