Accountancy Forum
References in Big4 - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: References in Big4 (/showthread.php?tid=7853)

Pages: 1 2

References in Big4 - alihassan1414 - 04-22-2010

Really references are not effective in big 4!

- aimaad22 - 04-22-2010

I think there should be a cash award for figuring out meaning of that sentence )

- harounkhan - 04-22-2010

LOL !!!! I think he means that "Are references really not effective in BIG4"? He must have read the E&Y thread, where I mentioned that they are rejecting students with references. Anyways, to answer your question AliHassan, it depends really. From what I have heard by pretty much everybody, if you have a reference then you can get into BIG4. But my experience has taught me otherwise. If you have a reference, then use it. Most of the time it works. Good Luck !!!!

- aimaad22 - 04-22-2010

Your experience is definitely strange Haroon. Previously we always used to hear about people not having strong references and those with ones taking the Big 4 positions, your case and the one with paradigm seems to be opposite!! I wonder if its an indication of changing trend or just a one off event.

- harounkhan - 04-22-2010

Everybody is telling me the same thing man. That my experience is quite strange. You know what? A part of me actually admires that guy. That he took the professional route and gave students without references a level playing field. When I first thought about applying in firms, pretty much everybody told me that it would be impossible to get in BIG4 without a reference. My experience has actually given me hope. I don't have many references in this field, so I'll now apply in firms without them. The only thing I have against that partner was his attitude. Refusing to shake my hand....I mean c'mon!!!! That's an incredibly low thing to do. Then insulting me for having a reference. And then shrugging off my answers as if I am telling him about rocket science rather than auditing. Utterly disgraceful attitude. If he had no desire to induct me, then he shouldn't have called me for the second interview. It would have saved his and my time. Simple as that !!!!

- aimaad22 - 04-22-2010

Completely agree with you, I can understand being aggressive and rough to check temperament, but being insulting is different altogether.

- alihassan1414 - 04-22-2010

Can any one tell me that whether this is discussion forum or insulting......I know i,m not well in English ..........plz correct me if im wrong not insult me......I,m new in the world of forums...........this is the first forum that i,ve joined.[?]

If i,ve made a mistake then sorry.

- aimaad22 - 04-22-2010

Lol! First you made a post saying you were just tense, now you have edited it and saying something else!! Whats wrong bhai?

No its not for insulting! Dont you ever joke around? with friends etc maybe? Its shughal bhai, not insult. If you are so sensitive you will find the world a very difficult place! Chill out yar. Sorry if your feelings are hurt.

- alihassan1414 - 04-22-2010

ok.......dear i,m already tense about my internship ....(what i,ve to do or what i,ve not to do )...not only about my internship but also about my further studies.....

- idiot.boy - 04-22-2010

@Ali , yaar app ACCA ma ho ya phir ICAP ?? tell us about ur self so that we can guide u better !!

and no need to stress up your self , just RELAX

- alihassan1414 - 04-23-2010

Dear ,....I,m ACCA finalist (last papper to go) .......want to apply for CA inter exemption........becuse of current market situation of ACCA ......I had never think that i,ll face such type of problems in pak after ACCA

- aimaad22 - 04-23-2010

The situation is such that competition is at its peak, firms can choose to higher anyone they want because supply is a lot more than demand. That is why we are facing problems.

My advice would be to become affiliate as quickly as possible, that will greatly increase your chances for articleship. After that apply in all firms, big and small, if the big ones dont call take the small ones happily because these days even that is a blessing!! We cannot afford to be choosy.

Your next result will be in august, and I think the firms winter induction period is in october am i right idiotboy?? So prepare yourself for that.

- idiot.boy - 04-23-2010

@Ali , itni jaldi kya hay bahi ?? aram say paper clear kero kyoun abhi in fazool chakron ma par gay ho yaar !! making it very simple , 3 4 months aram say raho ghar per , and start revising the old papers , like law , tax , STANDARDS all of them ...

After passing , claim exemptions from ICAP ( A - D ) , and then apply for ICAP articles in different firms ...

Abhi yaar student ho , parhai per focus kero !! koi faida nahin hoga abhi join kernay ka , even if u join, u wont be able to give time to ur paper , u'll fail that !!

aram say paass kero then apply kerna !!
hope u understand !!

- idiot.boy - 04-23-2010

@Aimad , yes bro , the winter induction period starts from mid of september and goes till october end !! ... But different cities , differnt firms , different timings ) thats goes around whole over pakistan !!

- alihassan1414 - 04-23-2010

ACCA alone or CA inter ...which one is better for starting internship?....which one is preferd by the firms?