Accountancy Forum
High Court Notice of ICAP/CA FIRM Malpractice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: High Court Notice of ICAP/CA FIRM Malpractice (/showthread.php?tid=7860)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- hadeedian - 07-18-2010

Dear Sir Kamran

One thing more,,, many people including my own teachers who are qualified Chartered Accountants generally say that if you are not doing it from BIG 4, then its better you leave this profession as soon as possible because at the end, you will face hardships despite the fact you struggled the same like those who were in BIG 4... I know many freshly qualified CAs saying this that leave your profession if you are not selected in Big 4.......

What do you say?

- Dard - 07-18-2010

LøL. My main point was "exploitation", if you have read my posts, which you deny very much. Hadeedian has put forward his view as well, like many others.
We should "adopt" to the environment for survival, but that doesn't mean PpL should start taking unfair advantage
As far as my arguing for any topic is concerned, that is my right. Even the C.A students are against the conditions in firms, dunno why you are just stuck to one point
Our problem is,whenever someone raises a voice against something unfair, instead of agreeing with it, we tend to go against it

- kamranACA - 07-19-2010

Dard

CA students are not against the firms; mind it first of all. Rather, they are stuck up due to certain conditions which mostly pertain to their ownself. There is only a requirement to find the nature of problems. Otherwise, I was as much a CA student as Hadeedian or any body else could be.

Since you are not a CA student, you are not undergoing any training, you are not obliged to even get training from CA firms, and you don't have any real life experience of the issue so far, on which you are arguiong, you were advised to don't argue for the sake of arguments.

If you wish to keep on arguing, do keep on. Just revisit, that was an advice, since I am no body to prohibit any one posting whatever logical or purposeless stuff.

Regards,

- kamranACA - 07-19-2010

Hadeedian

There is a law that ignorance of law is no excuse. So if general public does not know the responsibility of auditors, it does not create any obligation on the auditors to clarify it to the general public. This is the public who must know what is what; and if it does not, its simply its own pitfall.

As far as nation and society is concerned, our nation (individually and jointly) is itself one of the most dishonest and corrupt nation of the world. Checkout the ratings of Transparency International. Every one charged with governance, charged with responsibility to provide justice, army, policemen, tax officials, NAB, courts, land revenue departments, authorities, corporations etc are filled in by the "sapoots" of same nation. These sapoots include me and you and our related ones and beloved ones. If we are corrupt, the nation is corrupt and if we are corrupt the entire system is corrupt. Since the whole system is corrupt and entire nation is corrupt it transpires that we are in fact corrupt.

So if any correction is required, it starts from me and you and our related ones.

If you love to think of a common man ask him to leave mixing water in the milk, pay full attention to his office work, realize his responsibilities, leave taking bribes, stop jeopardizing people's right for the sake of few coins, and stop selling your land and people for the fear of losing your seats.

The issue which you are raising has nothing to do with auditors only, its about every one and I told that every one starts from me and you.

Correct yourselves and you will find a correct system. Otherwise don't raise points.

Regards

- kamranACA - 07-19-2010

Hadeedian

"Rizq" is solely a matter of one's fate and there is no ceiling as to what a specific person or professional will earn. We can see simple diploma-holder, a poor man of past, today's owner of largest private housing schemes like Bahria Town having wealth of billions of rupees. At the same time we can see the Ph.D doctors earning a few (40-70) thousands per month. So, I cannot give any absolute comments as to any one's Rizq.

As far as CA's earning examples are concerned, we have examples where CAs are earning around 3 to 4 million rupees per month and these examples are not very rare. Needed is the strength, self belief, motivation and Allah's willingness. I wonder if any CA is earning less than 3-5 lac rupees per month after exposure of 5-7 years. The rates you have quoted are only for the first year after qualification. There is always a steep increase in salaries of CAs. I don't know exceptions.

As far as your issue is concerned, small firms definitely have substantial differences when compared to bigger ones and specially the Big 3 firms in Pakistan. Yet, it will depend upon how you learn the things, how motivated, positive and forwardlooking you are, how much good professional relationships you can develop and how you put yourself in the market. There is a need of just one click to a motivated hardworking person and he can do anything better than which you expect of a big 3 trained professional.

I have examples where small firms people have perfromed so well; and in certain cases they are even working at the level of CEOs, let alone the levels of CFO or other similar levels.

In nutshell, yes, there would be a difference with Big3-4-10 people, you will find a very depressing competition when you will put yourself against them for a position etc; YET it is the matter of one chance, which if you get and properly use can introduce you to people differently. For example, if you get a chance to work for some Bank or Insuarnce entity, and you work there for 4-5 years and develop your expertize, people will subsequently know you with reference to that employer and that specific experience, instead of referring back to your firm.

You see everything in life is contingent, and no one including myself and yourself, guarantee you your future and Rizq. We see the cases where people perform outstandingly in big firms and soon after achieving their targets die of accidents. What will you say about them?

So, I cannot conclude what you should do, because of fear of unknown; and humans don't have ability to see what fate carries for them behind the wall.

If you are certain that other profession is very lucrative and rippening of fruit will take no comparable input, time and effort as much it is taking in CA, you can opt that profession. But who knows your assessment would be correct this time? and who knows where our best Rizq has been fixed by the nature.

Pray for yourself and seek guidance from ALLAH; take the decision cool mindedly after taking into account every pros and cons.

I regret to say that this answer is again lengthy and not very much focused, but this has to be done in view of nature of your question.

Regards,

- hadeedian - 07-20-2010

Thank you sir... your answer is absolutely adequate to make my decision....... Don't regret please...
Regretfully, I am leaving Chartered Accountancy... This is my final decision.... and i took almost 6 months to decide this...... and today, i m feeling quite relaxed after making this decision. My firm does not even have listed client and what i m still doing there, i don't know.... I might go for this chartered accountancy field in future just to satisfy myself, but right now, i am going for that "ANOTHER" field and after completing that there wont be any need to do any thing else but but,,,, I might think about doing CPA in my future life just to satisfy my Ego....

Yes my Ego,,,, agr ye Ego na hoti tu shaed buht pehlay hi firm chor deta.....

Thank you sir for your support and help...... Wish me Best of Luck.....

And I wish you best of luck....

Take care
Allah hafiz...

Just one more consideration is required from you, this is my email.... hadeedian16@hotmail.com
i just want you to email me because i need your email address just to ensure that i can contact you in future because i don't want to miss a marvelous and inspirational teacher like you....
just send mail on my email, it would be my greatest pleasure...

Hope to hear from you soon....

Thanking you

Sincerely yours
hadeedian

Allah Hafiz

- kamranACA - 07-20-2010

I wish you best of luck in your new career.

Regards,

- an_aamir - 07-31-2010

Dear Kamran!

Assalam-o-alekum!

By chance you tried enough to distort the perception of the people concerning this issue. I am not doing anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thing wrong for me, this accountancy profession, this society and all Muslims. However it may be good for trainee students relating to this accountancy profession in future, inshallah!

You may ask me any query so I can try satisfying you and not preaching me your recommended life style any more I have read it enough

And please be concise if you may ask me any question, May Allah bless you!

Regards,
Aamir Manzoor

- kamranACA - 08-04-2010

Aamir

Your case is in court, and I am no body to conclude what is wrong or right in your very case.

However, I feel that the premise of your case is not well founded.

I always say what I believe to be correct, yet I am not an angel and am subject to human judgmental errors as well.

I also clarify that logically there is no reason to raise arguments where things have gone beyond a limit of corrective action.

Regards

- an_aamir - 08-07-2010

Assalam-o-alekum Kamran!

Thank you for your reply. As there must be some reasons which pushed you to feel that the premise of my case is not well founded, please discuss them with me I will try to satisfy you.

And please be concise if you may ask me some thing, May Allah bless you!

Regards,
Aamir Manzoor

- kamranACA - 08-07-2010

Dear

Let the Court's judgment come; it will definitely reveal the weak aspects of the case if my observation is correct. Otherwise, I have already said that m observation could be incorrect as well.

You need not to satisfy my question; I hope you will do it in a better way at Court.

Regards,