Accountancy Forum
Tests taken at KPMG Lahore - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Tests taken at KPMG Lahore (/showthread.php?tid=7887)

Pages: 1 2 3

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 05-06-2010

KPMG is still accepting cv's and aff will start induction after 12th may (after c.a results) and same goes for ey and bdo in lahore . i know this cause i personally called everyone and even visited their offices

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 05-06-2010

if you want to apply in kpmg just email the c.v at beenishkhan@kpmg.com.pk or try just .pk (no .com)

- aimaad22 - 05-06-2010

Ok Hassan so EY and AFF have not even had tests till now? They will start after result? Then even we in Isbd can consider applying.

- toor - 05-06-2010

if u really want to apply then call kpmg lahore office and confirm whether they will accept cv or not . then drop cv in hard copy.

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 05-10-2010

salam to everyone

I have been selected (kpmg lahore), just got a call today and they are asking me to come 2morrow to join

- toor - 05-11-2010

hasan r u going for ca or on simple ACCA basis u are inducted ?

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 05-11-2010

i am going for c.a for sure

- samm1087 - 05-11-2010

@hassan first of all warm conratulates to u on this milestone
plz tell us ist question .what is going on first day at kpmg plz tell us all
activities at day ist i mean from seniors attitude towards u to
& work envirnment & work dedicated to u i mean audit ,tax & overall
r u satisfied with kpmg as whole on first day
also tell us 2nd question is recruiting process end up or not?
also tell us 3rd question in kpmg how much extent refernce count i mean tell ur personal experience whether reference from political background or professional background

awaits for reply

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 05-11-2010

firstly, seniors were really after us they wanted to have lunch and breakfast , and we were supposed to pay but we escaped it for the time being atlest.

then, there was an orientation session and the planning manager said when your jobs will be decided(location and department) then we will call you until then you can rest at home no need to come to office

seriously every one sitting there had no reference all just had one thing in common acca affliates, o and a level background, and no reference at all just the good academic record
i hope i answered all questions

- alihassan1414 - 05-11-2010

can you plz tell me that when will the other three firms start induction and also about anjum asim ..and BDO

- samm1087 - 05-12-2010

@ hassan 1 question which remain unanswer is that whether kpmg induction process
goes on or it finish any idea?
secondly tell me normaly what department assign by kpmg to ACCA internee
i mean if they induct someone on tax department & other on audit on what
basis if they assign u on tax will u wiling to work
has manager breif u on that issue & stipend issue as normally
stipend rate for acca is 5000 & CA is 6000 has manager breif u on this issue
as some one tell me they start giving stipend after 6 months
has manager gbreif u on this issue also

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 05-12-2010

no they start giving stipend after one month,
acca internee has to work in all dept. audit tax advisory , but they ask for your priority too
i am ready to work in any dept as everyone has to work in all dept no matter in what order
stipend is 7000 coz that's the minimum wage rate going in the country

and remember you cannot get in any firm until and unless you claim your icap exemptions so its like you join the firm on icap basis so their stipend and rules apply

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 05-12-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alihassan1414</i>
<br />can you plz tell me that when will the other three firms start induction and also about anjum asim ..and BDO
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

all firms said they will start induction after icap result so i think now you should call them or visit them to see whether they have started or not , aff atleast has started you can get the trainee application form from their office

- irfan128 - 05-12-2010

why ICAP registration and exemptions is compulsory to get in any firm? Can a person join a firm on ACCA basis to complete PER? I am an ACCA Affiliate.

- samm1087 - 05-13-2010

@ hassan tell me as u join kpmg on ACCA internee basis
still u will enforce by kpmg to claim exemption
of icap,if u not claim exemption what r implications
secondly tell me in interview what kind of course related
question they ask to u
thirdly howmuch time in years take by u to complete
ACCA with what no of attempts