Accountancy Forum
KPMG interview tomorrow (29th april) - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: KPMG interview tomorrow (29th april) (/showthread.php?tid=7901)

Pages: 1 2

KPMG interview tomorrow (29th april) - hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 04-28-2010

please can anyone help me, i have kpmg (lhr) first interview tomorrow that is 29th april . please can anyone tell me what type of questions they ask and any key topics that i should revise.

ur help can make the difference here

- idiot.boy - 04-28-2010

@Hasan , Start with Deffered Tax , learn the definitions of Taxable Temporary and Permenant differences , then moving on to Leases , u should know the treatments of both the lessor and lessee f/s , then further Financial instruments assets , amortize costs etc ...

From Audit , going concern is imp !! , related parties , reporting type of reports etc.. Audit risk , credit risk etc ... Auditor responsibilities ..

Law ma say b poocha ja sakta ha hay like normal simple questions for eg , Director duties etc !!

So basically they can ask u from anywhere and anything !! ... but financial instruments and deffered tax , in may say LAZMI poochain gay !! so be ready !!

- harounkhan - 04-29-2010

Hasan, KPMG Lahore is only inducting ACCA Affiliates right? Or ACCA Finalists too?

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 04-29-2010

"only affliates", that's what the email said

I am not an Affiliate, so is there any point any applying? But they were inducting part-qualifies students in October. Why have they changed their criteria?

As far i have heard they have kind of fired quite a few internees, which were part qualified and now are only recruiting affliates and that too very quickly. I submitted my application today and just after 1 hr i got a call for interview . Which really tells that they are really keen to recruit affliates asap.

but i really dont know why are they not inducting part qualifieds.

Then I guess there is no point in applying when they are only hiring affiliates....Are other firms in Lahore recruiting these days as well? Also I'd like to know how is this firm 'Anjum Asim" something? Is it any good?

i called all the big four firms as all of them said recruitment will start after icap foundation results and that is 12th may

and about anjum asim i have dropped my c.v their too but they said they wont be doing anymore hiring until dec 2010 . And about it's repute i think its a good option(anjum asim shahid and rehman) if one doesn't get in the big four, atleast this was my intent behind applying their.

- masroorahmed - 04-29-2010

well i wud like to mention here my coments regarding anjum asim ... its a good choice after big 4 .... its internationally recognized as grand thorton... moreover to my knowledge its reckoned as big 5

- Maryvaiz - 04-29-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hasanaltaf@hotmail.com</i>
<br />i called all the big four firms as all of them said recruitment will start after icap foundation results and that is 12th may

and about anjum asim i have dropped my c.v their too but they said they wont be doing anymore hiring until dec 2010 . And about it's repute i think its a good option(anjum asim shahid and rehman) if one doesn't get in the big four, atleast this was my intent behind applying their.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hassan Have u applied online or dropped ur CV there?

i went their in person and submitted it to the hr guy named Dilbar Hussain.

- Maryvaiz - 04-29-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hasanaltaf@hotmail.com</i>
<br />i went their in person and submitted it to the hr guy named Dilbar Hussain.
Hoe did ur interview go ? please share ur experience? wat questions they asked? how long it took?

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 04-30-2010

it went well , they asked no technical questions just tell us something about yourself and whether you will do c.a and as i am from sialkot they asked me about shoaib malik . and nothing else

- Maryvaiz - 04-30-2010

<br />it went well , they asked no technical questions just tell us something about yourself and whether you will do c.a and as i am from sialkot they asked me about shoaib malik . and nothing else

Lol tht ws interview? quite strange. did u go with some reference?

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 04-30-2010

yeah it was a weird kind of an interview. and all other interviewees were also asked the same sort of questions