Accountancy Forum
CCPT and PSTC - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CCPT and PSTC (/showthread.php?tid=7968)

CCPT and PSTC - shkha - 05-14-2010

Hi,
I have a question relating to "course of computer practical training (ccpt)" and "presentation skills training course (pstc)".Icap has allowed students to study privately for CA foundation and Inter but what about ccpt and pstc?Is it still mandatory to join RAET to do ccpt and pstc?
And secondly are direct graduate trainees given time off daily to complete ccpt and pstc?

- A.A - 05-14-2010

PSTC is no longer mandatory,in fact hasn't been for a year but it is still highly recommended because you have to give presentations in firms and in professional life.If you are already training under graduate scheme and learning people skills in daily interaction,then it might not be that important for you.
As far as CCPT is concerned,I believe it's not mandatory either because ICAP didn't ask for its certificate before granting admit cards for Module D like it used to before for PSTC.Plus,in Module D syllabus,it's mentioned,"Computer practical work of not less than 120 hours is required in order to ensure
that students become well equipped to appear in the practical examination
successfully" i.e student's experience is what really matters.Also,2 students of ICAF Islamabad told me that they were only taught IT theory and CCPT was not conducted. You can do it yourself too but you will have to practice alot.Get Petiwala's Computer Practical Guide for ICAP.If you need any study or practice material for CCPT,I have downloaded alot of stuff and can email it to you.

- shkha - 05-14-2010

Thanks A.A.Your reply is really helpful.

- A.A - 05-14-2010

Welcome.Glad to be of some help.Should I email you the CCPT stuff then or do you plan to practice later?

- A R - 05-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shkha</i>
<br />Hi,
I have a question relating to "course of computer practical training (ccpt)" and "presentation skills training course (pstc)".Icap has allowed students to study privately for CA foundation and Inter but what about ccpt and pstc?Is it still mandatory to join RAET to do ccpt and pstc?
And secondly are direct graduate trainees given time off daily to complete ccpt and pstc?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Dear friend, CCPT is important because you have to appear in practical exam of IT which is of 40 Marks, so don't ignore CCPT at all as your theory part of IT weighs only 60 Marks. Good Luck

- shkha - 05-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by A.A</i>
<br />Welcome.Glad to be of some help.Should I email you the CCPT stuff then or do you plan to practice later?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Thanks A.A.I shall practise later.Thanks again.

- shkha - 05-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by A R</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shkha</i>
<br />Hi,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Dear friend, CCPT is important because you have to appear in practical exam of IT which is of 40 Marks, so don't ignore CCPT at all as your theory part of IT weighs only 60 Marks. Good Luck
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hi A.R,
It is difficult for me to currently join a RAET for CCPT due to some reasons.Now that CCPT and PSTC are not mandatory so I shall practise practical computer skills in some other college(not RAET) and at home.Thanks for wishing me luck.Same wishes for you.