Accountancy Forum
how far CA result matters..... - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: how far CA result matters..... (/showthread.php?tid=8014)

how far CA result matters..... - Husain - 05-19-2010

Asalam o alaikum guyz, m doin CA , m 3 papers short frm being CA inTEr... luckily after trying for one year i got in firm ....... m already late frm my batch so i'll have to cntinue in firm wth 3 papers... if i'll quit i wud nt get chance in average firm even.. so these days m going thru depression ke i,ve cleared my 9 papers but mostly after giving 2,3 attempts. m afraid ke wud this affect in future.. God forbid if i do not qualify wthin my training period, hw far this will affect ? i try alot to satisfy wth da firm m in n wth da present condition but it frustrates me alot when i hear that my result record is very bad plus m in average firm so ....................... plz help. request to all senior members.... cant live wth this depression .... jo dreams dekhe CA join kerte wqt im in doubt ke unka 20 % bhi nh mil p[aye ga ....... i dnt mean money , i mean a recognition n a good job ?? m also doing ACCA ..

- aimaad22 - 05-20-2010

Yar firstly I'll say I myself have little practical experience and Im only telling you things which Ive heard from other people i.e teachers, friends students etc.

There is no doubt that in todays extremely competitive environment people who complete their qualification in short time or get into a good firm have an advantage.

But at the same time I dont think you should be depressed, it will make things even more difficult for you. Yar, consider yourself lucky even if you are in average firm, today we meet so many people who are struggling to find any firm at all!! Bhai the only advice I think anyone can give you is to get your act together and focus on your studies. If your passing record is poor ask yourself why and try to find your faults. Ask your teachers or fellow students or friends if they can do this for you. Then start working even harder!! There is no other formula for lasting success!! Trust me, if you keep feeling sorry for yourself and make depression a habit it will drag you down and make your worst fears come true. A good way of overcoming depression is starting to exercise or start playing a sport, it can do wonders. Just concentrate on qualifying and completing your training. Even if you arent from Big 4, once you become a member of ICAP people will have respect for you and sooner or later you will find a job. The world is tough, we might not find our ideal jobs at the first attempt. Getting experience is the key, once you have enough experience a day will come when you will be able to get the job you like. As for the people who say your record is bad and make you feel hopeless, you can do nothing but ignore them, or ask them if they can give you advice on how to improve and not just criticize. There are all sorts of people in the world, we have to learn to live with them.

So again to summarize, yes, your position is not ideal. But is it hopeless? Not at all. No need for depression. Stay in your firm and complete module D so you can start training.

- Husain - 05-20-2010

THANK YOU SO MUCH AIMAD..