Accountancy Forum
Career Decision - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Career Decision (/showthread.php?tid=8022)

Career Decision - Taify - 05-21-2010

Well.. after my Inter I started CA and after failing thrice in Mod B

Lapse
All 3 refer
2 refer

I have decided to give up on that..

I just turned 21 and now I can enter ACCA but I just realized that my CA experience make me hate these accounting degrees..

So what is better?

ACCA
Or , MA(Eco) and then MBA(Finance).. instead of MA(ECO) I can go for M.Com.(just finishing my B.Com)

Help please!

- yasir_live - 05-21-2010

I think Leave Tension to do M-com, MBA, M-Eco Etc. Try to Persue AccA, give your full tension and Concentration to AccA. Isaay khatam kar k sochna Aur kuch karun ya rhnay dun. Abhi to meray bhai esa lag raha k Pata nahi kitni sari tensions jama karli hain Aap nay Acca bhi MA.Eco, Bhi MBa bhi, M-Com bhi.......Yeh soch soch kar to Aap ko her waqt Su-Su ata rehta hoga I think.

WIsh U best of Luck in your Career. Allah say dua kiya karo k Jo tumharay Haq main behtar hay Woh tumhain Ataa ho.

Regards.

- arsenal.gooner - 05-21-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Taify</i>
<br />

Lapse
All 3 refer
2 refer

I just turned 21 and now I can enter ACCA but I just realized that my CA experience make me hate these accounting degrees..

So what is better?

ACCA
Or , MA(Eco) and then MBA(Finance).. instead of MA(ECO) I can go for M.Com.(just finishing my B.Com)

Help please!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

hi taify

i can relate to you bcz i went through the same thing and there are many out there going through the same.

I wont advice you to do MA or MCOM. Mba ka prob yeh hai ke IBA and LUMS ke liye you need 16 years education plust 2 years experience so you are short on both. Other than these two, none of the universities are worth it (IMHO).

You can start with ACCA or CImA as both are good qualifications.

Adios

- ciapk - 05-21-2010

Dear as you are aware that there is a change in exam policy applicable from June 2010, so i think you should try last time in next attempt and then go for next decision.

- Sitara - 05-27-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Taify</i>
<br />

Lapse
All 3 refer
2 refer

So what is better?

ACCA

Help please!

He started CA after inter... so is he eligible to do MBA or M.com?

I think if you don't have any choice, go for Acca.

Best of Luck

- zurpk - 05-27-2010

Dear All Assalam-0-Alaykum,

My suggestion is that he must go for ACCA if he can afford its fees. ACCA, CA and ICMA should not be compared with MBA, M.Com or M.A. (Economics).

One can choose MBA only if his admission is secured in LUMS or IBA. Otherwise, M.Com has more advantages than MBA because it is a pure accounting degree while MBA is a mixture.

In conclusion, ACCA is a best option keeping in mind his circumstances.

Regards
Zia ur Rahman (Student of ACCA Part-2)

- Sitara - 05-27-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mfahr</i>
<br />Assalam o Alaikum,

He may be eligible as he is just going to finish his B.Com.

Regards,

Walaykum Asalam,

Oh sorry I didn't read the last line where he mentioed about his b.com

- theahmer - 05-28-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zurpk</i>
<br />Dear All Assalam-0-Alaykum,

My suggestion is that he must go for ACCA if he can afford its fees. ACCA, CA and ICMA should not be compared with MBA, M.Com or M.A. (Economics).

One can choose MBA only if his admission is secured in LUMS or IBA. Otherwise, M.Com has more advantages than MBA because it is a pure accounting degree while MBA is a mixture.

In conclusion, ACCA is a best option keeping in mind his circumstances.

Regards
Zia ur Rahman (Student of ACCA Part-2)

Assalam O Alaikum All!
Dear ZURPK have u ever seen subjects offered / syllabus of M.COM???

- zurpk - 05-28-2010

AoA Theahmar,

Yes, I seen syllabus of M.Com and MBA also.

Why are you asking this question?? Do you not agree to my statement as above?

You know that a person can get admission in MBA if he has a bachelor degree irrespective of its fields. On the other hand, a person can get admission in M.Com only if he has a B.Com degree. This is a very good example to evaluate the value of M.Com and MBA.

However, a person who completed his MBA from IBA or LUMS will get more attention in the market than a person who completed his M.Com from an ordinary university/institute. But again one should note that this difference does not come due to the degree but the difference comes due the institute.

If the same institute/university also offers M.Com degree then the preference will be given to M.Com degree holders in the market because they are more specific and expert in field of accounting and finance as compared to MBAs.

Thanks & Regards
Zia ur Rahman