Accountancy Forum
Module E - Company Law Study Plan - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Module E - Company Law Study Plan (/showthread.php?tid=8045)

Module E - Company Law Study Plan - Nevermore - 05-24-2010

My attempt for Module E Company law would be in December 2010. My plan was to complete syllabus by taking Company law classes from Sir Rizwan Manai which were to start from June 2010.Unfortunately, my name didn't appeared in students chosen by him for tutoring Company law.

I have now planned to start studying Company law myself. I just bought SA.Salam Companies Ordinance book yesterday and my first glance at the book has completely scared me.

Therefore, I request my seniors and qualified accountants who have already appeared for this paper and who have experience in dealing with this course to please advise/guide me regarding how to approach this paper.

Thanks in anticipation

- Nauman - 05-24-2010

Even if you cannot take the classes try to arrange some notes of the teacher you mentioned study from them and then study from Ordinance you will find that simpler. The idea is to abridge the course of company law as much as you can. The sheer volume can scare you and that is what messes up most of the students in the end, not being able to cope with the volume of syllabus.

Even if you do study directly from the Ordinance make notes, set daily targets for your self, say 15 sections per day. You will get there in no time. Also take a look at the syllabus spend time and effort on those areas which carry more weight-age. I have seen students spending days on other laws when they only make up 15 to 20 percent of the syllabus. As I said earlier arrange notes specially for other laws because you want to cover that area but do that quickly too so for that you will need good notes.

- noman - 05-24-2010

yes he is right..

breakup the syllabus by topics..

like incorporation,memorandum articles and names etc in one..

prospectus,capital issue,dividend + listing regulation

managment area, directors,auditors,meetings etc + code of corporate governance +secretrial pracice

NBFC ..company law+nbfc rules

investigation+oppression

all other areas separatly...

- VITAL - 05-25-2010

why are you so scare?
first 250 sections of the companies ordinance are in module D and they are still important for module E. you must have got exemption from ca-inter on the basis of acca

- Nauman - 05-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VITAL</i>
<br />why are you so scare?
first 250 sections of the companies ordinance are in module D and they are still important for module E. you must have got exemption from ca-inter on the basis of acca
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Module E attempt is usually after 1.5 to 2 years, mostly 2 years so quite alot of time has passed since you studied that. Second testing level is a bit higher, straight questions are not asked from first 250 sections these are usually cases and you must have good grip on those sections, related guidelines and rules to give an exam level answer. Writing the answer straight from the section is not sufficient.

- ciapk - 05-25-2010

Use PBP revision kit with Bear Act

- Nevermore - 05-28-2010

I have made a study plan taking into account all those replies.. Thank so much..