Accountancy Forum
IS STIPEND OF CA TRAINEE ENOUGH? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: IS STIPEND OF CA TRAINEE ENOUGH? (/showthread.php?tid=8155)

Pages: 1 2 3

- kamranACA - 06-19-2010

This is not my opinion in fact, although I have copied it for the understanding of others. However, on same forum, at another thread, on a similar note, another memeber named "idiot.boy" has also expressed exactly similar opinion.

Opinions are personalized and we understand that these normally do not get changed!

Regards,

- rrraheel - 06-20-2010

Many firms are in good profit without having assignments other than audits if we see little broader and leave quoting big four.. I can accept view of Aimmad but Mr. Kamran view about expenses of firms i cant as i am a student of accounts and surely i am not a kid in that sense, i know and can prove in figures even that firms earning very much with audits even without any other assignments(but i want not to disclose figures as its not good to discuss this in forum like this).

I want students to comment in yes or no about increase in stipend.

Thanks

- kamranACA - 06-20-2010

)

- Nauman - 06-20-2010

Kamran bhai no offense but your view is very simplistic. Do you realize that if your suggestion is implemented number of students who pursue CA as a career will go down drastically. Those who are not from well off families will never be able to pursue this career. Average age of a fresh qualified CA is around 25 years do you think any parent would keep on dishing out money for a 25 year old son? At lease my parents would never do that. Ever since I started my articles they expect me to contribute to household income and that is the case with a number of my colleagues.

- rrraheel - 06-20-2010

@Noman

100% agree. Same my situation. But instead of giving we have to demand more from them for our studies and expenses.

Take care

- Ebon - 06-21-2010

hey....aimaad mentioned that the economic situation isnt good....will it affect the CA students>?

- aimaad22 - 06-21-2010

Of course it does, we live in the same world as other people dont we?

- ciapk - 06-21-2010

Agreed with KamranACA, what i think if the rate of stipend will be increased, the firms will prefer unregstered studens and b.comers in order to reduce their cost so eventually CA students will be suffered as now a day they are suffering. So, as said by fpaimran students should focus on learning instead of earning of the firm as after completeing 3.5 years they will also earn a reasonable amount. So, 6,500 k is sufficient to servive as TADA is a separate amount which is reimbursed to student so average amount is 9,000 to 10,000 but if some one wants blackberries fuel of car, and outdoor parties etc etc etc than i think 100,000 k may not be enough.

- kamranACA - 06-21-2010

@Nauman,

Which opinion you are mentioning? Dear what will drag the students down? Rs. 6500 stipend? I wonder what those students do who don't get stipends in their professional career and have to allocate much more time to their careers than CAs do? Just analyze what ICMAP studnets would be doing since they don't get any compulsory stipends even if they are undergoing trainings some where? What do you think about CFA students who wish to have some hand on experience of capital or money markets? There are lot more to be discussed. What should ideally be their ages in your view?

I am compelled to say that here people are arguing/longing for this issue based upon no solid premise. What would you have been doing, had you not been undergoing CA training? From where the parents of those support their sons who do some thing else equally demanding but with no trainings?

I wonder if majority of the non CA or non commerce professionals are doing jobs along with their studies to support the families. Rare cases are not being discussed.

As far as "Enough" is concerned, I have already agreed that it's definition cannot be determined.

Regards,

- aimaad22 - 06-22-2010

Exactly my point, we are more fortunate than many other people pursuing studies.

- Ebon - 06-23-2010

So that means that finding jobs for CA's would be diffcult??

I am sorry for my ignorance...I am abt to finish my alevls and was thinking abt doing CA...Untill i read aimaad's post.....

- VITAL - 06-23-2010

Ebon you are saying that CA is not a good qualification to pursue?

- Ebon - 06-23-2010

Nope...I think it's a very good qualification...Because of the high pay and all...

I wanted to know that since the economy is suffering will it be beneficial to do CA??

- Ebon - 06-23-2010

Ahan...Thanks...

Have you done your CA?

- Ebon - 06-24-2010

I've decided to do CA...which institute do you recommend??

Oh...Which module are you on currently...?

And if I do CA from Pakistan and want to work abroad...will I have to give papers or not?