Accountancy Forum
IS STIPEND OF CA TRAINEE ENOUGH? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: IS STIPEND OF CA TRAINEE ENOUGH? (/showthread.php?tid=8155)

Pages: 1 2 3

- aimaad22 - 06-24-2010

Ebon, the nature of our profession is such that while no doubt the recession had an effect on us too, our demand did not fall as much as it might have. General economic conditions affect us just like everyone else, but there are some specific points to consider as well. For instance you may well have heard about how bad the general job market is these days, but despite that CA firms have continued to hire students consistently though there are of course exceptions. Also, many organizations have started looking for advice on how to run business as smoothly and efficiently as possible in these troubled times which again provides opportunities for us. Good governance and a strong financial control and reporting systems are prime concerns for many big companies now and this trend is increasing with time. So you can see that while we have to learn to adapt to the economic situations just like anyone else, we can also look towards new opportunities.

Having said that competition in the field now is very tough, due to the large number of people now studying for ACCA and CA as compared to previous years. That means firms have a lot more people to choose from. So if you want to work for a reputed firm you will have to work hard and strive to be a cut above the rest. This is the situation in all fields of life so there is nothing new here. Just entering the CA field does not mean you will find good jobs and great salaries.

As for working abroad, you will have to pursue other qualifications, depending upon the country you want to work in. Each country has its own regulations about members of which institute can carry out public practice, and usually this is the local CA institute of the country for obvious reasons. Fortunately CA institutes have contacts with one another internationally and almost all offer good exemptions to each others' members. so in short you will have to give some papers though it wont be a big issue.

- Ebon - 06-24-2010

Thank you Aimaad and Vital for your help, it has helped me make my decision...

One last thing Aimaad which institute do you recommend??I've heard Skans is good...

- aimaad22 - 06-25-2010

In my opinion it varies from paper to paper. For some papers one institution has famous teachers for another paper another institute has them.

However I've done ACCA so I cant give you my personal opinion on where to study for CA. Skans is an old institution yes and you should consider it. However most of my batch mates in my firm who've done CA recommend ICAF(Isld College of Accountancy and Finance) as the best college to study from. School of Business and Management (SBM) also has some good teacher and may be my own option for module E later on. Anyway the general opinion these days seems to be that ICAF is the preferable institute. Remember though that this is only based on what I've heard form other people, and each person has their own different experiences.

- Ebon - 06-28-2010

Thank you....!

- Dard - 07-12-2010

In Islamabad and rawalpindi, in my own opinion, ICAF is the best institude for C.A. They have a great faculty