Accountancy Forum
Jv"s - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accounting and Audit (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Jv"s (/showthread.php?tid=820)

Jv"s - munshi - 05-08-2004

Assalam o Alikum

I am sorry to look so stupid ....but kia karoon....can any one tell me specificly what is the purpose of and benefits of jv"s ....i often get confused with the term ....

and tuff hay mujh per ..main final ka student hoon....

ashamed munshi .....

;-(

- ali4u3 - 05-08-2004

JV's means JOURNAL VOUCHERS
abb aaya sumjh mai MR FINAL walay ...

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- munshi - 05-08-2004

Aqal mund ..itna to mujh ko bhe pata hay .....

Magar detail about when they r needed ....on year end ...or to post non cash transactions ..or some thing else ...

- Ahmad Raza - 05-08-2004

Aslaam o Alaikum

I am just a kid in this feild as compared to your experience.
Wasay tell me how can you reach at the final stage, when you don't know about the use or function of JV.

Or tell clearly what is the problem, what do you know about a JV

- munshi - 05-09-2004

Yaar thorra sa concept clear karna hay ...

- munshi - 05-09-2004

kiya ho gaya ...

kahan chalay gae sarray munday .....koi to jawab day ....koi hay ......

- aca2u - 05-09-2004

Sallam munshi jee,

is main koi harum ki baat nahe kay u ask stupid questions. The point is if u do not ask to clear ur concept.Thumbs up dude!

Seems u did ur audit at home all the way.

JV-
An accounting entry for the recording of certain transactions, corrections or information. The journal voucher usually contains an entry or entries, explanations, references to documentary evidence supporting the entry or entries, and the signature or initials of one or more properly authorized officials.

If that do not explain, love to tell you more,,,,

Dont hesitate to ask...EVER! GET IT?

Tatas

- smraza - 05-09-2004

a JV is a voucher in which cash or bank is never involved. It is ususally prepared on regular basis where the accrual basis of accounting is followed,
for cash transactions there are cash vouchers,
for bank transactions there are bank vouchers.

SMR

- Moon - 05-11-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
for cash transactions there are cash vouchers,
for bank transactions there are bank vouchers.
SMR
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

I agree with you as regards the explanation of JV and same should be for the understanding of the final level student,i think instead of mentioning cash and bank voucher, better to talk about receipt voucher for receipts and payment voucher for payments as normally instead of cash vouchers, petty cash vouchers on regular orientation is prepared....

- Sarfaraz - 05-16-2004

yaar jahan pjv, sjv, bpv, brv etc nahi kaam aata wahan jv kaam aata hai.
i mean to say jiss entry ke liye koi special voucher nahi hota uss ke liye jv bana dete hain like accruals, depreciations, expenses for the year tranferred etc.

CA Walo Waya Karwa Lo

- Moon - 05-16-2004

In simplw words, where cash and bank is not involved, JV is passed as a result thereof. No question on that....

- aamersikandar - 05-17-2004

Hi
Conceptually their are only three types of recording of financial information. Initial recording or daily recording on journal, then ledgers and finally management accounting ledgers or as we call it subsidary ledgers. Even cash book, daily sales book etctera all are part of jornal.However in practice the concept has evolved to simplify daily recording and later posting these to ledger and subsidary ledgers. This bypassess journal recording to save duplication. Now instead of keeping journals and to keep audit track, we record entries either in cash / sales book/ purchase book (also sometimes called day book being composed of all three) daily and all special / miscelleneous transactions (not falling in day book) in journal. Example of day book ( a type of journal) includes bank vouchers, purchase vouchers etctera.

Aamer Sikandar

- munshi - 05-23-2004

jazakaallah guys.....