Accountancy Forum
info on CA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: info on CA (/showthread.php?tid=8246)

info on CA - Uxman Nadeem - 06-26-2010

<b>[b]aslam o alykum. Can anyone please tell me that is it possible to do CA after intermediate. I'm an Intermediate student(commerce). recenlty gave final examz and now waiting for the result. In 1st year i got 68% markss.. and now find myself confused in chosing B/w CA n AccA. so guys plz help.

regardz.</b>

- shani420 - 06-26-2010

Obviously u can do CA after intermediate.

- arsenal.gooner - 06-26-2010

yes it is possible to do CA.

As far as ACCA vs CA debate is concerned, if you think you are a ratta-master, then go for CA

- Uxman Nadeem - 06-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />yes it is possible to do CA.

As far as ACCA vs CA debate is concerned, if you think you are a ratta-master, then go for CA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<b>Thanks[)]. i've heard most of the students finds AccA tougher. and CA is bigger than that. This whole thing is different from what we taught in schools and colleges. you still think i can get through this?

regardz.</b>

- arsenal.gooner - 06-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Uxman Nadeem</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />yes it is possible to do CA.

<b>Thanks[)]. i've heard most of the students finds AccA tougher. and CA is bigger than that. This whole thing is different from what we taught in schools and colleges. you still think i can get through this?

regardz.</b>

dekho bhai... i will give you my own example. i did o and a levels and i was a good student. my teachers told me that i am good enough to complete CA in first attempt (the important thing is that they said i can do it). however, i had to leave CA midway. on the other hand, my colleagues who were not that good were able to clear the papers so till date, i regret the fact that i dont know why i was unable to clear CA exams.

As far as ACCA is concerned, i have never heard anybody saying that they just fail for the sake of it. if you have prepared well, then chances are that you will pass.

Rgds

- arsenal.gooner - 06-27-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by raza 123</i>
<br />hey why did u left CA in midway. May i know u were incapable or what was the basic problem which compelled u to leave ?? and in which module u left ?

i think it is immaterial.

- Uxman Nadeem - 06-27-2010

<b>Aslam o alykum. Bhai u've said ratta-master. wo to ma hun. But is CA ratta at all?

regardz[0]</b>

- arsenal.gooner - 06-27-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Uxman Nadeem</i>
<br /><b>Aslam o alykum. Bhai u've said ratta-master. wo to ma hun. But is CA ratta at all?

regardz[0]</b>

yeah then go for CA

- Uxman Nadeem - 06-27-2010

<b>Thanks alot mate.</b>[)]

- A.A - 06-27-2010

@Uxman NadeemDo enter CA by all means but prepare yourself beforehand that CA isn't ratta.The studies and paper-attempting techniques will be hugely different from your FSc style.In fact,the strong focus on concepts makes it a lot more similar to O and A'Levels.Hope I haven't confused you but this has been my experience. Good luck for CA!

- Uxman Nadeem - 06-28-2010

<b>Aslam o alykum. @A.A.. Thanks mate. yeah i know its gonna be whole new thing for me. and i might get rattled by even the name of CA. But i dunno whenever i tell someone that im gonna go for CA, wo log meri shakal dekhnay lag jaty hein |.. but i still have losta questions regarding CA. 'cuz CA isn't jus an regular study.</b>

- cute_908 - 06-28-2010

Assalam o alaikum..
i m a **** i jst completed my intermediate and want to apply fr a bachelors degree. i hav done I.COM i want to do CA. but after doing a bachelors degree. can any one please let me know if BBA , BCOM help in doinG CA after that...please let me knw all the bachelors degree thru which we can apply fr CA EXAMINATIONS..thanx a lot

waitin fr reply

- Uxman Nadeem - 06-29-2010

<b>aslam o alykum. b.com will surely helpful to do CA, but if you go for BBA(hons) then CA will be that easy for you.

regardz</b>

- A.A - 07-05-2010

@Uxman NadeemWoA!Welcome!You know,if you want to do CA,go for it.With dedication and hard work,you will succeed inshallah.Don't care about what people say.And if you aren't really sure whether you should opt for it,do istikhara to decide.And if you have already decided to do CA,then do istikhara to take God's help and blessings in CA.Your journey will become much easier inshallah.What sort of questions do you have regarding CA?
@cute_908There is an I.Com student in my institute who has both English and Economics exempt.Why don't you start CA now instead of 2/4 years later since it is your ultimate goal?BBA(Hons) will give you alot of knowledge about different fields but it's accounting is only of a very basic level.BCom will give you more CA-related knowledge but still won't help you that much in CA due to the differences in paper standard.People with no background knowledge of commerce do just as well as those who have done BCom.So if you really want a bachelor's degree,start CA now and you can do Bachelors privately like most students usually do.Most of my seniors did BA in Economics and Law,subjects which you study in Module B.So join CA now since it's your main aim and should therefore,be your priority and don't waste your time.