Accountancy Forum
need career counseling - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: need career counseling (/showthread.php?tid=8256)

Pages: 1 2

need career counseling - m.hassan - 06-29-2010

hello and aoa to all
I AM A STUDENT OF MATRIC 10TH I AM A GOOD STUDENT PLEASE GUIDE ME TO WHETHER GO FOR ENGINEERING AS A PROFESSION OR CA BECAUSE I DONT LIKE CHEMISTRY AT ALL IF I WILL GO FOR CA IN FUTURE THAN I WILL DO ICS OTHERWISE I HAD TO DO FSC PRE ENG
ALSO TELL ME ABOUT THE TOP INSTITUTES OF LAHORE FOR CA
ALSO TELL ME THAT IS CA DIFFICULT OR ENGINEERING
I HOPE THAT I WILL BE ANSWERED SOON THANKING YOU IN ANTICIPATION

- VITAL - 06-29-2010

My sincere advice is that you should do CAT after matric and after doing CAT you will get exemption from part 1 of ACCA. If you are a real good hard working student it will take one year to complete CAT and 2 years to pass all remaining papers of ACCA and after passing all papers of ACCA you should apply to ICAP for exemption from CA inter and after that get a training contract from a high-profile registered/authorised CA firm and pass E and F modules of CA. The mandatory training period is 3-3.5 years and during that period you can pass E and F.

In order to become ICAP member ( member is person who is fully qualified and has completed the training requirement, the CA as you say ) follow this procedure and also to become ACCA member your firm from which you will get training must also be approved training organisation.

I think this is shortest possible way to become the CA after matric and very beneficial also.

BUT remember hard working, determination will only produce desired result.

yes CA is much more more though as compared to any type of engineering and also has much wider scope.

People usually recommend PAC or SKANS.

- m.hassan - 06-30-2010

thankyou yaar for your sincere advise magar my parents are not allowing me to do cat or acca after matric they want me to do inter first and then decide whether to go for ca or engineering
they want me to do ca by old means,if i decide to go for ca.

- yasir_live - 06-30-2010

M.hassan

U should follow the Tradition this time also, Go for Intermediate. IT;s too early to become Curious about Profession. Chemistry has nothing to do with Engineering Except Chemical Engg. Most Engg disciplines Aur specializations don't even have Chemistry in their Syllabus.

Wish U best of Luk.

Regards.

- Sitara - 06-30-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by m.hassan</i>
<br />thankyou yaar for your sincere advise magar my parents are not allowing me to do cat or acca after matric they want me to do inter first and then decide whether to go for ca or engineering
they want me to do ca by old means,if i decide to go for ca.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If ur aim is Ca, then go for I.com. And after that u can take admission in CA. And if u wanna do Engineering then go for Fsc (pre-eng), make good percnetage and then you can have admission in NED.

- ciapk - 06-30-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VITAL</i>
<br />My sincere advice is that you should do CAT after matric and after doing CAT you will get exemption from part 1 of ACCA. If you are a real good hard working student it will take one year to complete CAT and 2 years to pass all remaining papers of ACCA and after passing all papers of ACCA you should apply to ICAP for exemption from CA inter and after that get a training contract from a high-profile registered/authorised CA firm and pass E and F modules of CA. The mandatory training period is 3-3.5 years and during that period you can pass E and F.

In order to become ICAP member ( member is person who is fully qualified and has completed the training requirement, the CA as you say ) follow this procedure and also to become ACCA member your firm from which you will get training must also be approved training organisation.

I think this is shortest possible way to become the CA after matric and very beneficial also.

yes CA is much more more though as compared to any type of engineering and also has much wider scope.

Agreed with vital if you can afford ACCA so go for ACCA and then join CA.

- maira - 07-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VITAL</i>
<br />My sincere advice is that you should do CAT after matric and after doing CAT you will get exemption from part 1 of ACCA. If you are a real good hard working student it will take one year to complete CAT and 2 years to pass all remaining papers of ACCA and after passing all papers of ACCA you should apply to ICAP for exemption from CA inter and after that get a training contract from a high-profile registered/authorised CA firm and pass E and F modules of CA. The mandatory training period is 3-3.5 years and during that period you can pass E and F.

I have a similar question, I have done my O'levels sciences, with computers instead of bio. Im going for my A'level. Will taking accounting help if I want to do CA? What abt Ecnomics and Business? I read that CA is ratta. Is it true? Does it make a difference if you have done your Alevels or FSC? Which is a better option? Please help me out!

- raza 123 - 07-01-2010

mee too agreed with Vital.

@ maira CA is not ratta as far as i think.

- bizmen - 07-01-2010

That's true, CA is not ratta, though some people may pass the papers by ratta at initial stages but later ratta will not help.

m.hassan my advice to you is that you go for FSc. F.Sc. karne ke baad both the options are open to you but going for I.Com you have no chance for engineering. In my opinion, don't close a door where you have option ) I.Com will help you in CA but many people have qualified CA and they were purely F.Sc.

- raza 123 - 07-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bizmen</i>
<br />That's true, CA is not ratta, though some people may pass the papers by ratta at initial stages but later ratta will not help.

m.hassan my advice to you is that you go for FSc. F.Sc. karne ke baad both the options are open to you but going for I.Com you have no chance for engineering. In my opinion, don't close a door where you have option ) I.Com will help you in CA but many people have qualified CA and they were purely F.Sc.

yeah he is right u go for Fsc u will have two options then.. i also ve done Fsc and now looking forward for CA.

- m.hassan - 04-05-2011

i have finnaly decided me gona do i.com>ca my visit to skans acca branch and ca branch helped me alot in deciding

- imdad1 - 04-05-2011

First and foremost...profession selection is not an easy task and you can never campare any two high level professions like engineering and accountancy.To make a point further i would say and it depends even after doing CA you are able to pursue a posh living and hi earning...beacause now a days even first attempters /qualified and experienced people from CA are sitting unemployed at home so i would say it depends...if you really are intersted in earning and sacrifing your personal social life to a greater extent than you can always pursue a career in CA the doors are open for you.

The best way is in my opinion do A levels and then do MBA from Lums/IBA or abroad when you are done with that go for CFA...and join any investement company as an investment executive....in this case your personality will be grommed much more than a chartered Accountant!!

- imdad1 - 04-05-2011

i would say CA is mostly rata...as many subjects are law based...there are concepts involved...as like in Taxation paper of module F and Manangement accounting but still you need to ratify!!! no other options availiable the people who have good memory their passing rate is high!!! as per my own experience!

- m.hassan - 04-06-2011

@ imdad lums is not affordable u need 8-10 lac for mba (lums)
secondly guide to me to choose between ca nd acma
i know much about ca nd its scope but tell me about acma scope duration .etc

- imdad1 - 04-06-2011

@ hassan...what should i say!!! well Pakistani people are richer than Pakistani goverment.and Pakistan is only country in which people are rich and goverment is poor anyways coming to the point...CA cannot be campared with ACMA...ACMA has no foriegn scope as per my limited knowledge....so no more discussion neccesary...