Accountancy Forum
Confused: Institute or Self-study for CAT? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Confused: Institute or Self-study for CAT? (/showthread.php?tid=8305)

Confused: Institute or Self-study for CAT? - lostsmwhr - 07-06-2010

can any body tell me that either institute or self study matter to get good marks in CAT? i wanna get 90% marks.

- arsenal.gooner - 07-06-2010

used only the approved text and kits (bbp or ftc) and make sure that you cover the whole syllabus. this is the tip i can give you from my side.

as far as institutes are concerned, sir aapne yeh nahin bataaya k aap konsi city mein hain

Rgds,

<font color="green"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><center>PAKISTAN ZINDABAD</center></font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="green">

- lostsmwhr - 07-10-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />used only the approved text and kits (bbp or ftc) and make sure that you cover the whole syllabus. this is the tip i can give you from my side.

as far as institutes are concerned, sir aapne yeh nahin bataaya k aap konsi city mein hain

Rgds,
i wana knw abut institute of rawalpindi
and wat abut ucat n saddar?

<font color="green"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><center>PAKISTAN ZINDABAD</center></font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="green">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

- Fareed - 07-10-2010

@ lost guy....!!!

Bro,,, if u r from commerce background, i mean if u have ur basic education in commerce than u can go for self study and it becomes very important for you to study every single part of the syllabus, thoroughly.

I dunno about the teachers and institutions in rawalpindi, but to be general I would advice you to take classes from some teacher, because CAT is the basic for ACCA and as far as my experience and opinion is concerned I think one who has passed complete CAT has almost done all the papers of F-Series of ACCA (Offcourse NOT paper F-4).

If you want to achieve 90% marks, have to work very hard and it is very important for you, not to focus on specific topic of the syllabus, instead u have to focus on each and every topic with equal concentration.
<font color="red">
If you do ur self study, it would take more than twice the time which you would instead spend while learning from a teacher.</font id="red">

I have passed my CBE papers of CAT with an average of 96% marks. I am telling you because I have used the above approach and I am successful.

Find some good teacher, have ur concentration in the class, do practice at home, practice again nd again wot u have learnt, do not do rot learning but instead try to understand the reason behind every single thing and if u find any difficulty ask ur teacher again nd again untill u become perfect in it, do not forget to do IPASS and mock papers, trust in Allah nd urself, the success is urz.

- lostsmwhr - 07-11-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fareed</i>
<br />@ lost guy....!!!

Bro,,, if u r from commerce background, i mean if u have ur basic education in commerce than u can go for self study and it becomes very important for you to study every single part of the syllabus, thoroughly.

I dunno about the teachers and institutions in rawalpindi, but to be general I would advice you to take classes from some teacher, because CAT is the basic for ACCA and as far as my experience and opinion is concerned I think one who has passed complete CAT has almost done all the papers of F-Series of ACCA (Offcourse NOT paper F-4).

If you want to achieve 90% marks, have to work very hard and it is very important for you, not to focus on specific topic of the syllabus, instead u have to focus on each and every topic with equal concentration.
<font color="red">
If you do ur self study, it would take more than twice the time which you would instead spend while learning from a teacher.</font id="red">

I have passed my CBE papers of CAT with an average of 96% marks. I am telling you because I have used the above approach and I am successful.

Find some good teacher, have ur concentration in the class, do practice at home, practice again nd again wot u have learnt, do not do rot learning but instead try to understand the reason behind every single thing and if u find any difficulty ask ur teacher again nd again untill u become perfect in it, do not forget to do IPASS and mock papers, trust in Allah nd urself, the success is urz.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
oh thanx bro
thanx alot for ur kind advic
ur tis reply made me litle bit relax nw i will stdy well