Accountancy Forum
New to accountancy. Need info about ACCA and CA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: New to accountancy. Need info about ACCA and CA (/showthread.php?tid=8319)

New to accountancy. Need info about ACCA and CA - sikandermarri - 07-09-2010

Asalam o Alakum,

My name is sikander and i m new in this forum and in accountancy as well..

i m requesting from senior that they should give sites where i can get full information about ACCA and CA (A-Z),because i have done my Fsc and want to do ACCA or CA,also please suggest which one is good for me..and also mention the good institutions offering ACCA and CA..

Regards,

Sikander Marri

- yasir_live - 07-09-2010

http//www.accaglobal.com/

www.icap.org.pk/

- sikandermarri - 07-10-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />
http//www.accaglobal.com/

www.icap.org.pk/
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I have searched in these two sites but didnt got any useful information..

- Dard - 07-11-2010

Sikander read the relevant topics in this forum

- yasir_live - 07-11-2010

I Guess Those were official Websites and they do have Deep and correct infos. Yes I had never make frequent visits to Icap Website, But For Accaglobal, I am surprised that How U didn;t get any info's, Aaap kya Talaash kar rahay hain khul kar bata dijiyay Takay hum Relevant websites post kar sakain )

Regards.

- sikandermarri - 07-12-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />
I Guess Those were official Websites and they do have Deep and correct infos. Yes I had never make frequent visits to Icap Website, But For Accaglobal, I am surprised that How U didn;t get any info's, Aaap kya Talaash kar rahay hain khul kar bata dijiyay Takay hum Relevant websites post kar sakain )

Regards.
I m really sorry Yasir i have hasted in searching these sites because i person who want all information just in 1 click..now i have checked these websites thoroughly and deeply and got the information that i want..i have done my Fsc in pre medical and my second choice is acca...Yes Yasir please i insist u that give me the name of the institution offering ACCA..i want ur opinion that Which one is best ACCA or CA because i dont have any idea about Accountancy..

Regards.

- Sitara - 07-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sikandermarri</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />

Regards.
I m really sorry Yasir i have hasted in searching these sites because i person who want all information just in 1 click..now i have checked these websites thoroughly and deeply and got the information that i want..i have done my Fsc in pre medical and my second choice is acca...Yes Yasir please i insist u that give me the name of the institution offering ACCA..i want ur opinion that Which one is best ACCA or CA because i dont have any idea about Accountancy..

Regards.

For me both are good. CA in Pakistan is highly demanded. And scope of CA is good in PK. But people say that CA is tougher than ACCA. But nothing is tough If we work hard. I can not judge the toughnes of CA as I am not student of CA or ACCA. This is what I have heard from many people of accounting beckground.

For ACCA Mirchawalas is goood and for CA Al-hamd and tabani are good.

Go where you are interested in....

Best Of luck

- sikandermarri - 07-14-2010

So, why people say CA is tougher than ACCA ? whats the reason? there must be something difference between them ?

- Sitara - 07-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sikandermarri</i>
<br />So, why people say CA is tougher than ACCA ? whats the reason? there must be something difference between them ?

People do pass that, and you can be one of them. Jo pass kartay hain wo bhi insan hi hotay hain.

ACCA has well defined syllabus, but Ca mai nanhe hai.

Search the forum, you will yourself understand the diffrence betweeen both.

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=582

- Dard - 07-15-2010

<br />So, why people say CA is tougher than ACCA ? whats the reason? there must be something difference between them ?

ACCA has a more well-structured syllabus. It has approved publishers. It has a transparent marking scheme, with examiner's reports and comments after every sitting. It has many useful studying resources in it's website. If you fail one paper, you don't have to repeat other papers of the same module. The question paper pattern is known
I hope this has helped

- sikandermarri - 07-17-2010

what is the minimum course duration of CA and ACCA?