Accountancy Forum
ACCA to be ousted from Pakistan within 1.5 - 2 yrs - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA to be ousted from Pakistan within 1.5 - 2 yrs (/showthread.php?tid=8329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- VITAL - 07-17-2010

<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"><font size="5"></font id="size5"><font color="red"></font id="red">Time will tell

- ciapk - 07-17-2010

LOL, I think most of the people here haven't taught any lesson from story of Sheikh Chilli building a poultry form out of one dozen eggs and planning his worldwide domination agendas -). Its good to live in a heaven of dreams.

- kamranACA - 07-17-2010

This forum witnessed similar posters earlier on as well. They keep on expressing their very own ARROGANCE of being world's conquerors, and proving a point in favor of ACCA (I do regard others for their quality and not for their number game, so those are not mentioned), and forecasting that it (ACCA) would take-over the entire world in TWO years etc.

However, whenever someone throws a ray of light on their comments they call it UNJUSTIFIED ARROGANCE of ICAP members. What a good strategy to feel sick of; they don't at all see what arrogance their words encompass and put allegations on others for arrogance when their own arrogance is slapped back. By the way, west has always played similar games. We can look into the history as well to find out how this so-called global world kept on looting the resources of tiny world and how their traditions and customs developed after learning the life from this tiny world.

Any “world”, however tiny or large it is, has its right to set its own principles and survive at its own by doing whatever planning and taking whatever actions in its favor, so far these don't hurt the others within their own boundaries. No one on the globe should have jealousy for and concern with any one's independence and integrity (wherever it is) for whatever reasons. It’s also hilarious that the conquerors of the world are TOLERATING THE MONOPLY of this tiny world somewhere. What sort of conquerors these are who are being persuaded for not tolerating the tiny world’s monopoly? Why they are tolerating if they are conquerors? Is it what we call conquerors in west?

It is also strange that our world is called tiny; and at the same time the situation of this tiny world creates heaps of financial interests for others to take all measures to capture the market of this so-called tiny world by the so-called world dominating agenda. I don’t comment on others.

It is strange to say that ICAP members whenever have to go out are required to qualify exams of other institutes for setting up practices (while it is also said that practice is not the only avenue) AND FORGETTING AT ALL that whenever such other location’s qualified professional comes to Pakistan he also has to qualify ICAP exams. This is the way of analyzing the things by west that I just discussed.

It is a two way process; if we have to qualify other countries exams for practices; they similarly have to do this for being in practice. This is the reason many big claimant conquerors don’t dare to get back to their homeland and it is the main reason that so many of our dark brown franggies sing the saga of their POSITION at west but don’t find courage to face the hardships of tiny world back at home from which one day they found refuge in the lap of that so-called conquerors’ world who itself never owns them.

The time has come when we should open eyes and forget the ages when someone was supposed to conquer the other. Now, one can destroy the other but cannot conquer it. So, when destruction comes into question, all worlds, either tiny or big, have fullest right to adopt as a policy matter whatever strategies and methodologies that suit to its environment. These may include the things what British and Germans did with culprit, dishonest and malafide Jews in the history.

Yes, as far as globalization and mutual recognition and regional/international co-operation for achieving common objectives is concerned, it is totally a different perspective and requires different set of minds.

Regards

- kamranACA - 07-17-2010

The latest posts on this thread reminded of an ACCA affiliate who used to claim his poor-self to be an ACCA member at the time when he was not even an affiliate; and who also used another Username to falsely claim that he is a CA from Scotland. That poor London based deceiver gave a challenge at this forum that his ACCA will eatout/conquer the whole world in TWO YEARS.

Those two years have almost gone; and the comments now we see on similar forum are "acca to be ousted from Pakistan within 1.5-2 years". I wonder where that misdirected kid would be testing his impoverished fate at the moment because he knew he will be told of his worth back at home.

However, following lines written on this very thread are quite similar in arrogance and ignorance to that "Sheikh Chillee"……

...........I am merely trying to motivate non-ICAP accountancy students in Pakistan that they do not need to tolerate the ICAP monopoly in Pakistan (which is about to be shattered within a few years by much bigger international players, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA and AICPA are all planning their worldwide domination agendas). ICAP can be completely bypassed by ambitious accountants with these overseas qualifications.............

Now those two years have transformed to "within a few years". An other opportunity of amusement.

CIAPK; well said brother.

Regards,

- Dard - 07-17-2010

It's funny how some PpL question the "quality" of a global professional accountancy qualification when they don't even know it's contents

- kamranACA - 07-17-2010

You know Allama Iqbal was a quality scholar? Do you know what actually he learnt and studied in his life and from where he actually got the whole inspiration of his idealogy. How you know he was a quality scholar? Certainly by looking at the work he produced. People praise the quality of anything keeping in view the quality of its produce/output. Since you still have to gain so much, you have again expressed what you carry. Time will make you understand the things.

Just to remove your concern let me mention, we cannot call an institute/professional body of any "quality" that produces the people who wander hither and thither jobless and hopeless. You know of whom I am writing here. You will see hundreds of them longing for absorption any where and still not accepted. The produce of which in not of quality, cannot be called a quality institute. Now don't start lecturing us on what it is doing in Arminia and Ghana and Nigeria and at bala bala locations. Just kidding; don't take at heart.

I hope you cannot understand; so keep on drawing your funny conclusions.

Regards,

- ink0p0la - 07-18-2010

Ignorance is bliss!
Do you know who gets the highest paid accountancy jobs in the largest multinational companies (Unilever, ICI, Abbots, GSK, etc.) in Pakistan? I'm sure you do! Most of the CFOs and Chief Treasurers of these companies are not even ICAP members and are not required to join ICAP to take these senior posts. So there's no need to pretend that ICAPs are even 'big fish in a small pond'! There are bigger fish in the pond..
Mr Kamran, I didn't realise that this was a political discussion! Anyhow, personal insults are welcome (because you don't know me personally and hence I wouldn't take an offence) but it would be better if you tried to make a valid argument to prove a point relevant to the discussion. This is how true professionals debate!

- VITAL - 07-18-2010

How to raise company's financial IQ?

Watch this

[url][/url]http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBJWQ9B7MV4

- ciapk - 07-18-2010

Agreed with ink0pola, ignorance is bliss.

Without arguing the calibre of product your Institute is producing, I would like to say that you are ignorant of what the ground worlds are in UK as well as in Pakistan. May be you were settled in UK 10-15 years back. You are of the view that ACCA is gonna conquer the world (as well as Pakistan) so i will say its nothing but a sweet dream. As some one said in the forum that 80% of students are doing ACCA in Pakistan just to join CA coz ACCA is much easy to qualify. If the news is true that ICAP is considering to eliminate the exemptions to ACCA students then believe me ACCA will wipe out from Pakistan. More than 70% Ppl here are living below poverty line in actal who cant afford a primary and higher secondary school books, What you think that 25% so called middle class family may afford ACCA for their childes with no scope in Pakistan (ACCA qualified with audit firm experience of 4 years are getting 20 to 25 in industry right now which is not worthwhile at all for a middle class family. What you think that these 25% all will afford immigration to UK. Do you know what is condition of ACCA qualified in UK job market? (specially students of Pakistan who migrated to UK after qualifying ACCA). If you are running you own firm I can forward you 10 to 20 CVs of ACCA qualified students. Kindly, help them out to immigrate to UK and for a suitable job in UK you will come to know the ground realities then. You are advising the students to go for CFA and ICAWE? please calculate the prices of such qualification in Pak rupees and then analyse the situation. I am not talking about remain 5 percent elite class they have nothing to do with CA or ACCA.

- Dard - 07-18-2010

20,000-25,000rs with 4 years AUDIT experience? LøL! Where did you get that from?
I know PpL who started job in a bank with a starting salary of 22,000; ACCA affiliates(with no experience)

- ciapk - 07-18-2010

Dear,
we have recruited in our Co just few days before in Lahore as CA inter with articles completed were demanding 35 + and you may have not differentiated salary package of 22,000 and starting salary of 22,000. Further, the bank you are talking about is recruiting cashiers and credit officers do you think ACCA qualified deserve this post? One of my batch mate is Head of HR department of a leading bank in Pak and m much aware of salary package they are offering. It is 18,000 take home salary with other allowances. Anyhow, i dont wish to discourage ACCA students but they should also aware off what the ground worlds are. As for as quality is concerned it depends person to person I have seen a few students of ACCA with excellent conceptual understanding and vice versa. A few were sincere with their career but majority was enjoying there college lives and chit chatters.

- VITAL - 07-18-2010

Mr. Dard
You said that ACCA has Pakistani law and tax variants. So now that is not gonna be a problem.

But the fact is, those variants are not taught, according to my information. Students like UK variants because they are of view that they will benefit them if they want to work in UK.

One more thing, M.comers and B.comers also study Tax and Audit. What they have achieved in these disciplines?

Nil

Why?

Just studying does not matter. It is all about competency.

- VITAL - 07-18-2010

Inko
Who gets the highest paid accountancy jobs in the largest multinational companies in Pakistan?

Siemens AG is Europe's largest engineering conglomerate. A multinational I should say.
Now how many Chartered Accountants (ICAP members) are working in the Siemens Pakistan Limited?

For answer,
Watch the video again

As far as Unilever is concerned, Khursheed Kotwal, FCA, is Corporate Finance Director with Unilever Pakistan Limited. She has recently been appointed member of the Audit Committee of ICAP. I read her article in the Pakistan Accountant (July-Sep 2009 edition), the Official Magazine of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan.

That’s what I already know which I have reproduced for you knowledge as well as knowledge of forum members. I did not search a bit.

And that’s how Professionals debate
With concrete facts
With valid and genuine information
With examples
Even videos

They don’t debate by raising stupid questions and by narrating their dreams which have nothing to do with reality.

One more thing. If government of Pakistan (not ICAP) inserts new provisions in the Companies Ordinance, 1984 which say;

“No public company shall have a chief financial officer unless he is a Chartered Accountant within the meaning of the Chartered Accountants Ordinance, 1961.

“No public company shall have a chief accountant unless he is a Chartered Accountant within the meaning of the Chartered Accountants Ordinance, 1961.

“No public company shall have a chief treasurer unless he is a Chartered Accountant within the meaning of the Chartered Accountants Ordinance, 1961”.

And if this will happen where you senior ACCA members will go?
If this will happen ACCA will lose all senior positions (whatever it has) in industry as well.
I am talking about just public companies.

That’s why I said in the start you are extremely unaware of ground realities and you need some knowledge.

So in future if you need some more knowledge, don’t shy, ask us.
We will be pleased to guide you.

- arsenal.gooner - 07-18-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VITAL</i>
<br />Arsenal.gooner

I know you have removed your post in which you said that I had some misconception and you were not that STUPID you compared CA with ACCA on the basis of immigration points.
Tried to be smarter?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

bhai vital.. i later saw that you were referring to inko.. how did i try to be smarter here??

show me one post where i compared acca and ca on the basis of immigration point and i will leave this forum for good otherwise you do it.. ok.. i think we neet to talk to each other with respect

Rgds

- ink0p0la - 07-18-2010

In professional debates people tend to avoid words like 'stupid'. If anyone who has an opinion that is different to yours is stupid, then you should not be having a debate with them. Because they are stupid and there is no need to talk to them.
Here's a quote from the Financial Times that this forum would benefit from Great minds don't think alike!