Accountancy Forum
ACCA to be ousted from Pakistan within 1.5 - 2 yrs - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA to be ousted from Pakistan within 1.5 - 2 yrs (/showthread.php?tid=8329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- VITAL - 07-18-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VITAL</i>
<br />Arsenal.gooner

I know you have removed your post in which you said that I had some misconception and you were not that STUPID you compared CA with ACCA on the basis of immigration points.
Tried to be smarter?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

bhai vital.. i later saw that you were referring to inko.. how did i try to be smarter here??

show me one post where i compared acca and ca on the basis of immigration point and i will leave this forum for good otherwise you do it.. ok.. i think we neet to talk to each other with respect

Rgds

just like I deleted mine.

So how can I show you your own post which you have deleted

- arsenal.gooner - 07-18-2010

oh bhai vital.. yeh pehla post tha which i deleted because it was not making sense and you were referring to inkoopola.. why would i compare acca with ca on the basis of immigration points when, if you check my previous, you will see that i am a strong advocate of living in Pakistan and have absolutely no plans to go abroad and so immigration points have no value to me.

phir bhi agar aap ko yaqeen nahin aata, to mein kuch nahin kar sakta. i guess behes karne ka koi faaida nahin.

Rgds,

- ciapk - 07-19-2010

Great Mind do not think alike and avoid to spoil into futile debates which are solely based on unrealistic assumptions and sweet dreams. Every one should admit and to face the bitter truth and the truth is that job market situation is not very well right now around the globe and what we can do only is hoping for the revival.

- VITAL - 07-19-2010

From Tiny World of ICAP to Great Minds

Is this a conclusion?
Or still more to debate on

Darwin said
“Species compete with each other for their survival and only those species survive which have favorable characteristics”

It is up to the members of this forum to decide which species have favorable characteristics in today’s world of competition and recession especially in Pakistan.

I have seen PEPCO ten years’ Power Demand-Supply forecast and after reading it I believe hoping for economic revival in Pakistan is hoping against hope.

- kamranACA - 07-19-2010

Dear Ink0p0la

It was not a political discussion. It was the answer of what "arrogance" in fact means and how different invasion agendas work and what reforms and action a tiny world can practice to keep the "arrogance" in its limits. I am sorry if it hurts.

You named certain so-called multinationals? What a great analysis you tend to produce. Vital has provided you an answer, yet, if there is some thirst to know something in detail for each of quoted “multinationals”, simply post here. I will send you a detailed list of all Pakistani CAs and other local professionals working there with their complete addresses and contact numbers.

Buddy, nobody is denying the worth of renowned names like ICAEW, ICAA, CICA etc, yet there are many issues with joining directly the progarmmes offered by such bodies owing to many problems our nation faces at large. However, ACCA was never and will never be treated alike for a number of reasons. If you know Pakistan’s inside out, you can understand what those reasons are.

Further, to regulate local situation is always our right and as pointed out by Vital (although I feel there would be no such necessity) JUST a single local directive can normalize whatever situation you are predicting. You are also ignoring a truth that ACCA in Pakistan is out-rightly dependent upon ICAP and its members; and this has in fact been ICAP’s blessing that ACCA has created somewhat place in Pakistan (whatever it is). So, logically there is and there can be no threat at all from ACCA to any of other local professionals.

Therefore, it is advisable that do not take the discussion to that verge where people start thinking for such remedial actions. Believe you me doing so will take no time provided this issue is once raised by a stronger voice. So, be friendly with ACCAs and don’t try to create a voice against them because in fact there is no requirement of such a voice at all. We here very well know that they are not any sort of threat to anybody. That’s why they are here.

Regards

- ink0p0la - 07-19-2010

Mr/Ms Vital, I was not giving you a compliment. The saying ' Great Minds Don't Think Alike', means that it is healthy to disagree with each other and let others speak up, and listen to their points of view patiently in order to resolve conflicts and issues.
Expecting everyone else to agree with your opinion is childish. In fact, such people are called bigots.
Anyhow, it is quite evident that this forum is dominated by people who belong to ICAP. Perhaps there should be a note somewhere saying that non-ICAPs not welcome! Since non-ICAPs are not really allowed or expected to air their views without being insulted and called 'stupid' (perhaps due to some forum members' limited vocabulary, but it can still be offensive).
All I would like to say here is, grow up please and learn to communicate in a professional manner, and learn to listen and deal with people who dare to disagree with your views. It is harmless practice for real life situations at work and in personal life where you will be challenged and you will be expected to deal with such situations and resolve the problems successfully.
And once again guys and girls, to become successful in the world of accountancy in Pakistan or around the world, ICAP is not the only option. In fact, ICAP is not the best option! Now I'm ready for more abuse from ICAP followers, so bring it on!

- arsenal.gooner - 07-19-2010

DEAR FORUM MEMBERS. I REGRET STARTING THIS THREAD AND I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED HERE. IN ALL HONESTY, AND I AM SAYING THIS FROM THE CORE OF MY HEART, IT WAS NEVER MY INTENTION TO START THIS DEBATE. IT IS MY FAULT THAT I GOT ANXIOUS AND THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING YOUR VIEWS ON THE NEWS THAT I HEARD.

I THINK WE SHOULD END THIS USELESS DEBATE RIGHT HERE AND ONCE AGAIN, I AM DEEPLY APOLOGETIC TO THE ESTEEMED AND DISTINGUISHED MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM.

WITH DEEP SORROW AND REGRET,
ARSENAL

- Dard - 07-21-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VITAL</i>
<br />Mr. Dard
You said that ACCA has Pakistani law and tax variants. So now that is not gonna be a problem.

But the fact is, those variants are not taught, according to my information. Students like UK variants because they are of view that they will benefit them if they want to work in UK.

One more thing, M.comers and B.comers also study Tax and Audit. What they have achieved in these disciplines?

Nil

Why?

Just studying does not matter. It is all about competency.

Those variants are taught now in some colleges. And you can study them on your own too
You can't compare B.Comers and M.Comers with a professional accountancy bodyThey have different level of standard