Accountancy Forum
Advise about continuing ACCA in UK - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Advise about continuing ACCA in UK (/showthread.php?tid=8340)

Advise about continuing ACCA in UK - wrathofheaven1 - 07-13-2010

AOA,

I have attempted F9 P2 & P3 in June 2010 and studying P4 & P7 hopefully as my last subjects for Dec 2010. It'll be 3 years in ACCA on dec 2010.

Now I am considering going to UK for attempting P4 & P7 and start my training/career from there. Someone we know just went to UK for the same purpose with 4 papers left and I have been suggested to do the same. So, I just want your advice on whether its a good move.

If yes, when should I leave for UK, after my classes end here? Now? OR after attempting the exams? (I am studying in PAC Lahore). Also, if i go abroad what kind of prospectives do I have compared with here in Pakistan?

Please name some of the firms which I should try for in UK and any other tips if you may. Do i still need to give IELTS?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

- arsenal.gooner - 07-13-2010

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

"jeena yahan marna yahan, iske siva jaana kahan"

- Ebon - 07-13-2010

Hey...arsenal.gooner...u r doing acca right?

- Dard - 07-13-2010

You can apply in uk firm from here now if you have 5 O levels, 240UCAS points and a 2.1 degree in any discipline, but continue studying in Pak until you are done with passing

- arsenal.gooner - 07-13-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ebon</i>
<br />Hey...arsenal.gooner...u r doing acca right?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

yes ebon.. unfortunately (or fortunately maybe, only time will tell), i am doing ACCA

- wrathofheaven1 - 07-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />You can apply in uk firm from here now if you have 5 O levels, 240UCAS points and a 2.1 degree in any discipline, but continue studying in Pak until you are done with passing

I calculated my UCAS on the basis of my A levels result and it was 440.
I did O'lvl and got 5As & 3Bs.

And I dont know whats a degree discipline, I have no degrees!! D

Also, do you think its better off to be in Pakistan or UK and please guide me about going to Middle East too and the prospects there

Thanks

- Ebon - 07-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ebon</i>
<br />Hey...arsenal.gooner...u r doing acca right?

yes ebon.. unfortunately (or fortunately maybe, only time will tell), i am doing ACCA

Well I think that it's fortunate...(that's only cause i am planning to go for it)[D]

I wanted to ask you if there's an institute which offer weekly classes...here in Islamabad SKANS and ICAF offer classes 3 three days a week...

@Ebon
Are you mentally retarded by birth or did your daddy used to touch you in strange places?

- Osama Rules - 07-14-2010

Salam,

Clam down dude!!

I think first u should complete all the papers & gain Oxford's degree then go ahead to uk.With some luck u will get an internship GOD willingly.

Regards.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Osama Rules</i>
<br />Salam,

Clam down dude!!

I think first u should complete all the papers & gain Oxford's degree then go ahead to uk.With some luck u will get an internship GOD willingly.

Regards.

I am always calm [D]

Thanks man....I am just going to talk to the mentor today about OBU.
Btw, I am awaiting result for F9 and hopefully I'll get through. Do you think I should start the project now, since the deadline for submitting the project is in Nov for this period.

- Ebon - 07-14-2010

@wrathofheaven1.....you sorry excuse for a human being....

Just because your dad abused you when u were a kid doesnt mean that everyone does it.....

- Dard - 07-15-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wrathofheaven1</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />You can apply in uk firm from here now if you have 5 O levels, 240UCAS points and a 2.1 degree in any discipline, but continue studying in Pak until you are done with passing

I calculated my UCAS on the basis of my A levels result and it was 440.
I did O'lvl and got 5As & 3Bs.

And I dont know whats a degree discipline, I have no degrees!! D

Also, do you think its better off to be in Pakistan or UK and please guide me about going to Middle East too and the prospects there

Thanks
Kindly avoid abuse language
Get oxford brookes degree with atleast upper second class.
440 ucas points for A level? That's great
Complete your remaining papers here. It's not worth giving 600-700£/paper when you can give the same paper in 12,000-14,000rs. Going to uk to give 5, 6 papers in 1year is different, in your case just 2 are left
I am not sure about Middle east, but they demand any western qualification as they don't have any of their own. But that requires experience! Forum members from Middle east would be able to englighten us more on the prospects

- aimaad22 - 07-15-2010

The value of your ACCA qualification will be the same whether you do it from here or England, so I dont see the point in spending many times more money in doing it from abroad. As aspiring accountants value for money should be something we keep in mind )

However if you plan on staying in the UK after finishing ACCA then it might be a feasible option as there may be some rules regarding work permits etc that I dont really know about but its possible they could be affected if you study from the UK too first. I dont have exact info about this though so you'd better check it up if this is your plan.

- wrathofheaven1 - 07-15-2010

@Ebon & Dard
Sorry it wont happen again

@Dard
Well I dont think I can get it in upper second class but I'll definitely get OBU in lower second class (

@aimaad22
Thanks, I am not actually going to study any papers in UK...I just wanted to know whether I am better off in UK or Pakistan comparing the opportunities in the two countries for my profession.

E.g
Opportunities
Pay
Quality of Life
Respect
etc

Please no Philosophical advice since i am full of it my self [D]