Accountancy Forum
guidance required - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: guidance required (/showthread.php?tid=8466)

guidance required - rehanzia - 07-31-2010

I am working in a private company since last 4 years, and I did B.Com. 7 years back then started ACMA and after stage I and II, I started working and afterthat due to my own laziness and no attention toward studies, I did not appear in any attempt of ACMA stage III since last 5 years. Now, I want to restart, but need the guidance that should I restart ACMA or simply do MBA from VU or any other distance learing institution. There is another plan that I should go for the Islamic Banking certifiation. Pls advise.

- VITAL - 07-31-2010

If I were you I would restart ACMA.

How is Islamic Banking Certification relevant to private company?

- rehanzia - 07-31-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VITAL</i>
<br />
If I were you I would restart ACMA.

How is Islamic Banking Certification relevant to private company?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No, Islamic banking is toltally a different field, but I feel that it is a growing sector and have good scope, actually my mind was to switch the field, that why I mention, what would u suggest

- VITAL - 07-31-2010

It is still unclear that what you want to do in the future.

- rehanzia - 07-31-2010

[quote]<i>Originally posted by VITAL</i>
<br />
It is still unclear that what you want to do in the future.

I have interest in accounts and Islamic concepts of banking also but actually do not know the scope of Islamic Banking. In accounts field I am from last 6 years. So, this is the thing abount which I want to get advice where should I go..

- arsenal.gooner - 07-31-2010

mba from virtual university or any other distance learning university is as good as worthless. it wont add anything to your CV. if you only have these two options, then it would be better that you start ACMA or some other accounting qualification. only do MBA if it is from a good university. universities do offer evening classes so i dont think that would be a problem

hope this helps

- rehanzia - 07-31-2010

THANKS FOR RESPONSE; MEAN TO SAY I SHOULD RESTART ACMA, BUT THERE IS ANOTHER THING THAT SOME PEOPLE SAY THESE DAYS THE SCOPE OF ACMA IS NOT AS GOOD AS BEFORE. BUT FROM YOUR SUGGESTIONS IT SEEMS THAT ACMA IS BETTER THAN MBA.

- arsenal.gooner - 07-31-2010

rehanzia, i never said that ACMA is better than mba or vice verse. but the fact of the matter is that an iba or lums mba will of course be a better candidate when compared to an ACMA. it depends on the mba that you do.

one thing i would like to ask you is that you said you will have to restart ACMA.. why cant you resume from where you left. is there any policy that you will have to start all over again?

- rehanzia - 08-01-2010

thanks again, actually i will start from where i left. do u have the idea that hows the scope of cma these days with little bit experience.

- arsenal.gooner - 08-01-2010

well as far as i know, ACMAs are currently working at good position. but i am not an authority on this and i fear that i might misguide you. so someone else on this forum would be in a better position to answer this question.

Rgds,

- S.A.Shamsi - 08-02-2010

Assalamaliakum
ACMA has very good value specially if you have some experience in relative feild,since you have 6 years of experience in accounts in my opinion you should restart ACMA,but it not very easy specially if you are doing a job simultaneously.

Regards