Accountancy Forum
Choice between CA, ACCA, M. Com and MBA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Choice between CA, ACCA, M. Com and MBA (/showthread.php?tid=849)

Choice between CA, ACCA, M. Com and MBA - faheem uddin - 05-20-2004

Assalam U ALikum,
GUyz i hav done my b.com . N am also doing pipfa. Now am total confuse that wat 2 doo . i dont hav much time 2 think . tell me plz that wat i hav 2 doo.Am intrested in C.A but it take at lest 5 to 6 years .N i hav financially problem also .
so plzz reply me s soon S posible ... before 22 may .its last date of submission of PPT form .Also guide me that which is better in minninum circumstance.{its the matter of youngster future so plzz soch sumajh ke }
1}C.A
2}AccA
3}M.com
4}MBA

- Omar Salah Ahmed - 05-20-2004

dear fahim
i would definately say that you shoulds do ACCA but since you meantioned the financial problems in that case the best option seems to be MComm .. hopefully by the end of your MComm your financial problems wouldve also finished .. another thing that you can do is that you do your MComm and then start a job .. and study along with working towards either an MBA or ACCA .. both a equally good options speically since ACCA has also come up as a major finance qualification in Pakistan .. ideally CA is the best option but your financial crisis would not get solved by this in the short run .. in a longer run its ideal to go for CA .. the stipend you get for articles is quite low and hence you might have difficulty meeting your finances ..

best of luck in your decision and plz pray that everyone who is attempting exams this june has a good run ..

Thank you ...

OSA

- sumaaan - 05-21-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Assalam U ALikum,
GUyz i hav done my b.com . N am also doing pipfa. Now am total confuse that wat 2 doo . i dont hav much time 2 think . tell me plz that wat i hav 2 doo.Am intrested in C.A but it take at lest 5 to 6 years .N i hav financially problem also .
so plzz reply me s soon S posible ... before 22 may .its last date of submission of PPT form .Also guide me that which is better in minninum circumstance.{its the matter of youngster future so plzz soch sumajh ke }
1}C.A
2}AccA
3}M.com
4}MBA

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

It would have been simpler if you would've mentioned your interests and plans as well...

You might also think of a combination of CIMA and MBA... ACCA is good too... Make a provision of three years for both ACCA and CIMA...

However, its better that you appear for the PPT as well... So that in the near future if you plan to start CA for some reason, you will have an ease of just directly enrolling yourself in an institute.

- Moon - 05-22-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Assalam U ALikum,
1}C.A
2}AccA
3}M.com
4}MBA
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

I think you should better go for MCom...

- Sohail_A - 05-27-2004

A-O-A,
Dear Fahim,
I think you should go for M.Com. or MBA. As Omar says both has equal worth. After completing your M.Com or MBA you can join ACCA. You will get exemptions of Part 1 + Paper 2.1,2.2 same exemption ACCA is offering for CA inter students. I think its a better route for you.

Best of Luck

Sohail

In This imaginative World Nothing is Impossible

- the_farhan - 05-28-2004

<font face='Verdana'>
salaaaam aal,
mr. faheem, ur future plans and ur personal interests r the best indicators to decide wht u shud do. otherwise, all these qualifications r good, n have their own merits (n demerits).
take into account all the other parameters, eg, time required, costs, ur plans, etc.
if u can afford 6-8 yrs b4 gettin into job, then CA is best option. but if u want to get in job as soon as possible, thn M.Com n MBA r the right choices n MBA will b best in this case bcoz it covers broader aspects of business world thn Mcomm (no offences intended for M.Comm)
u can do ACCA or CIMA or CFA etc etc etc along with the job as well to further ur worth.

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

- Mahtab - 05-28-2005

AOA
faheem uddin do you qualify PIPFA?
Thanks
Mahtab

- fahim239 - 05-29-2005

FAHEEM a very nice name! I like it too much

Yaar i have said it times and again to many people on this forum that COME TO CA AND YOU WILL HAVE THE BEST INVESTMENT OF YOUR TIME AND MONEY.
As for your financial problem after B.COM u can join some firm and get stipend! If You have qualified PIPFA then you will get exemption of Module A & B from ICAP as well!

BEST OF LUCK!!

«•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
«................. Fahim .................»
«•´`•.(¸.•*(¸.•´ `•.¸)*•.¸).•´`•»

- Mahtab - 05-30-2005

AOA
fahim239
I am agree with you that
"COME TO CA AND YOU WILL HAVE THE BEST INVESTMENT OF YOUR TIME AND MONEY"
because ICAP is Best in the region
Thanks
Mahtab

- eShA - 05-31-2005

hey guz its was very old post ie fm 2004
app logo bari juldi khayel aya reply karnay ka.. [D][D]
abb tak tu wo decision bhi lay choka hoga .. or kuch na kuch kar raha hoga the time is to ask him which option he had selected? [?]

regard,,,,
from the best
and top of all
eShA

Although this may seem a paradox, all exact science is dominated
by the idea of approximation.

- Mahtab - 06-16-2005

AOA
faheem uddin do you qualify PIPFA?
Thanks
Mahtab