Accountancy Forum
SUBJECT SELECTION - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: SUBJECT SELECTION (/showthread.php?tid=8503)

SUBJECT SELECTION - taha234525 - 08-05-2010

AOA,Hi,
I have completed my o levels with the subject combo of phy, chemistry, add maths ,maths,business studies and accounts(which I took privately and it was not done well) .The thing which I want to ask is about my subject selection in A levels. what subject combination should I take if I want to opt for Chartered accountancy keeping my science subjects as well.Is it necessarily required to take a accounts in A levels, if I wish to go for Chartered accountancy. I would be highly obliged to get a prompt reply ,thanks

- arsenal.gooner - 08-05-2010

no its no necessary that you take accounting in your a'levels. many students enter CA and do well who are from science background.

still... accounts and economics will definitely help you bcz they are in CA (Pak) as well. now for the other remaining subject other than GP, business studies used to be my favorite and that will give you an overall approach to managing and running a business which will prove to be a good foundation. but maths is very important and is a must so depends how many subjects you are willing to take besides GP

Rgds,

- taha234525 - 08-05-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />no its no necessary that you take accounting in your a'levels. many students enter CA and do well who are from science background.

still... accounts and economics will definitely help you bcz they are in CA (Pak) as well. now for the other remaining subject other than GP, business studies used to be my favorite and that will give you an overall approach to managing and running a business which will prove to be a good foundation. but maths is very important and is a must so depends how many subjects you are willing to take besides GP

Rgds,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">sir, so which subjects would u recommend me to take in alevels besides physics chem and maths?
should i take GP?
further maths?
till now i am taking eco, maths, phys and chemistry what more should i take

- arsenal.gooner - 08-05-2010

you already mentioned 3 ie physics chem and maths/further maths. 4th will be GP. its enough. why you want to take more subjects. 3 a'levels subjects is the standard.

RGds,

- taha234525 - 08-05-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />you already mentioned 3 ie physics chem and maths/further maths. 4th will be GP. its enough. why you want to take more subjects. 3 a'levels subjects is the standard.

RGds,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
thankyou very much for replying.
nowadays, there is a popular trend of taking five subjects,I want to ask is would taking further maths after accelerated maths would be good?
and what about economics?and general paper?

- arsenal.gooner - 08-06-2010

look these subject selection specially further maths help if you want to apply to a university. since CA does not have any specific requirement for entrance other than the minimum qualification, you are free to select whtever subjects you want to select. if you want to take 5 subjects, then go for it. it is up to you

RGDs,

- taha234525 - 08-06-2010

<br />look these subject selection specially further maths help if you want to apply to a university. since CA does not have any specific requirement for entrance other than the minimum qualification, you are free to select whtever subjects you want to select. if you want to take 5 subjects, then go for it. it is up to you

RGDs,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">thankyou very much

- arsenal.gooner - 08-06-2010

you're welcome