Accountancy Forum
Anyone selected on ACCA in Ferguson? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Anyone selected on ACCA in Ferguson? (/showthread.php?tid=8624)

Pages: 1 2 3

- talhaaz - 09-03-2010

Are you all people talking about karachi office? They told me that induction for lahore will start in November. Was there some kind of a test conducted or just interviews?

- sandesh - 09-03-2010

No buddy I didnt receive call yet....
How many called for 2nd interview?

- toor - 09-03-2010

Ferguson Lahore office is hiring ACCA and last date is sep 6 i think.

- raza 123 - 09-10-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aimaad22</i>
<br />Congratulations!! Welcome to the the club!!! )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Imdad pls tell me what type of presentation is it ! above wriiten is after second interveiw they held a presentation of students ! Answer pls and correct me if i m wrong.

- toor - 09-10-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by raza 123</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aimaad22</i>

Imdad pls tell me what type of presentation is it ! above wriiten is after second interveiw they held a presentation of students ! Answer pls and correct me if i m wrong.
they will give u topic and divide you in teams.u have 3 to 4 hours to search on internet about that topic and also have to made power point presentation.you have to speak at least 5 min in presentation .may be they will ask question about topic.it is not necessary to speak English only.but u must be confident whether u use Urdu or English

- raza 123 - 09-10-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by toor</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by raza 123</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aimaad22</i>

they will give u topic and divide you in teams.u have 3 to 4 hours to search on internet about that topic and also have to made power point presentation.you have to speak at least 5 min in presentation .may be they will ask question about topic.it is not necessary to speak English only.but u must be confident whether u use Urdu or English

Thanks man ! - )

- sayyaf - 09-20-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by scorpian</i>
<br />Alhamdulillah I am selected in AF FERGUSON today [)]

congratz man...!!!
I gave my 1st interview on 16 sept at AFF.Iam waiting for second interview.plz guide me how to prepare for 2nd interview?what ques were asked from u?and tips etc?

thanks,am waiting for ur response...

- sayyaf - 09-20-2010

@Aimaad
It would be great if u share ur ideas as well about my above queries.
Thanks

- aimaad22 - 09-21-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sayyaf</i>
<br />@Aimaad
It would be great if u share ur ideas as well about my above queries.
Thanks

Look, there is no standard format for interviews. They can ask you anything they want. Some 2nd interviews in firms have been said to be long and technical while others have had short and informal interviews.

So my advice is the same as the first interview, the most important thing is your confidence and how you carry yourself. Remember this interview will probably be taken by partners. They are concerned about how you will represent their firm. Your technical knowledge has already been tested in the test and the first interview. So while they may ask you academic questions, the most important thing again I say will be confidence and presentation. To prepare; stay in touch with current news and world affairs, improve your general knowledge with specific focus on the field you are trying to be a part of, speak clearly and confidently, if you dont know an answer tell them straight away rather than trying to be clever and making up things, and last but not the least be courteous and professional and dress accordingly.

Finally, I would like to remind you many people a lot more experienced than myself have given valuable and detailed advice on this forum previously which you should try to look up to get further ideas.

Hope that helps.

- sayyaf - 09-21-2010

JAZAKALLAH AIMAAD....

this is indeed helpful

- yasir_live - 09-21-2010

Bruse99

Thanks for sharing such a valuable information.

Thanks Again.