Accountancy Forum
Comparison of PIPFA with MBA and ICMA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Comparison of PIPFA with MBA and ICMA (/showthread.php?tid=863)

Comparison of PIPFA with MBA and ICMA - faisal sha - 05-27-2004

Can anybody define the value of pipfa in pakistan and how u can compare pipfa with m.b.a and icma?

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 05-27-2004

Dear friend !
If you want to know in detail about PIPFA (Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants), please see/read/visit the following topic of the accountancy forum for obtaining relavent information.
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=534

Topic written by
Muhammad Adnan Arshad,FCA(Fututral Chartered Accountant)

<"A realm of control">

- theahmer - 05-27-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
can anybody define the value of pipfa in pakistan and how u can compare pipfa with m.b.a and icma.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>
Assalam O Alaikum all,
Dear faisal, We can not compare PIPFA's qualification with ICMAP or some MBA. Look What i have learned/observed is that The PIPFA just gives you the idea that How much effort professional Exams requires. It has got no special JOB MARKET(if u r going for job just on the basis of PIPFA) ICMAP is way too far from PIPFA and there is no chance that PIPFA qualified can take place of an ACMA. As the MBA case it is some what similar to ICMA when we compare MBA with PIPFA.
Look u can take PIPFA as a base for further studies. As i've done I wanna do CA but due to some problems I couldn't go for the MFC. So now i'm doing BBA and PIPFA, after BBA i would be able to enroll myself in ICAP as Direct Graduate Trainee, and on basis of PIPFA i will get exemption in MOdule A & B and enjoy the benifits in my articles. Hope u understand it. OK
ALLAH HAFIZ

Make efforts not excuses!

- the_farhan - 06-02-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by faisal sha</i>
<br />can anybody define the value of pipfa in pakistan and how u can compare pipfa with m.b.a and icma.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<font face="Verdana">
very vague question. comparision on which grounds???
</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- Mahtab - 06-13-2005

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> quote
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by faisal sha

can anybody define the value of pipfa in pakistan and how u can compare pipfa with m.b.a and icma.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

very vague question. comparision on which grounds???

FARHAN <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>
AOA
Farhan

1.On the Ground that PIPFA is a Professional Qualification

and PIPFA is Associate Member of IFAC and ICMAP is A Fellow memebr of IFAC

and MBA in Not A Professional Qualification MBA is only an Academic Qualification

2.The Jobs for PIPFA Qualified Announced in the Govt.Sector Organizations few Weeks ago the JANG and DAWN

3.PIPFA is Sponsored by ICMAP so It is Not Compareable to ICMAP

4.Theahmer I am Agree with you

5.Farhan Please Post your Comments in Reply if you are disagree

Regards

Mahtab

Edited by - Mahtab on Jun 13 2005 22507 PM

- Karachi King - 06-13-2005

Mahtab!!! what kind of a job was that for PIPFA???

Aneel

- Mahtab - 06-14-2005

Aneel
PIPFA plus Graduation Jobs announced in the News Papers with other qualifications specially in Daily Jang Karachi dated.17-04-2005(sunday)
Thanks
Mahtab

- Moamar Qazafi - 06-14-2011

I THINK PIPFA IS MUCH BETTER THEN MBA

- S.A.Shamsi - 06-15-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Moamar Qazafi</i>
<br />I THINK PIPFA IS MUCH BETTER THEN MBA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

How can you say that???

- Moamar Qazafi - 07-02-2011

AN MBA IS JACK OF ALL THE TRADE BUT MASTER OF NONE. WHERE AS PIPFA QUALIFIED GETS MUCH BETTER KNOWLEDGE THEN MBA

- Moamar Qazafi - 07-02-2011

AN MBA IS JACK OF ALL THE TRADE BUT MASTER OF NONE. WHERE AS PIPFA QUALIFIED GETS MUCH BETTER KNOWLEDGE THEN MBA

- Muhammad Raza Waheed - 07-19-2011

PIPFA is an Associate Member of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). IFAC is a highly prestigious International Federation having 157 members in 123 countries. It is a matter of great pride for any accounting body to be associated with federation of such an unparallel repute and standing.
PIPFA qualification is globally accepted. Being an Associate member of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), exemptions are granted by professional bodies like Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP), Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants of United Kingdom (CIMA-UK), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants of United Kingdom (ACCA-UK), Institute of Corporate Secretaries & Managers (ICS&M), Institute of Corporate Secretaries of Pakistan (ICSP), University of Central Punjab – Lahore and others.
PIPFA members are known as Associate Public Accountant (APA) and Fellow Public Accountant (FPA). They are eligible for the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) or Company Secretary in both Public Listed Companies and Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFC). For Middle Management opportunities, the need of 2nd tier Executives is more than 4 times than the Top Level Executives. Government of Pakistan /Auditor General of Pakistan and Controller General of Accounts and other Public Sector organizations recognize the PIPFA qualification equivalent to BPS-16.
PIPFA grants the exemption of 6 subjects to the MBAs & 7 subjects to the M.Coms. This is a rare opportunity as it confers a substantial reduction in the span of completion of this professional qualification.

- zainsheikh - 07-20-2011

Well, let me complete this PIPFA & after that I'll let you know about the value of thi