Accountancy Forum
NEED SERIOUS ADVISE ABOUT ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: NEED SERIOUS ADVISE ABOUT ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=8634)

Pages: 1 2

NEED SERIOUS ADVISE ABOUT ACCA - suleman87 - 08-24-2010

HELLO ALL MEMBERS HERE HAPPY RAMADAN TO ALL MUSLIMS SPECIALLY ) I SHOULD COME TO THE POINT I HAVE NO IDEA OF COMMERCE I HAVE DONE SIMPLE BACHELORS IN SCIENCE FROM GOVERNMENT COLLEGE SUBJECTS MATHS COMPUTER SCIENCE AND PHYSICS 2 YEARS PROGRAM NOT 4 years HONS . I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN DOING ACCA I NEED PROFESSIONAL ADVICE SHOULD I GO STRAIGHT TO ACCA OR CAT ???? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE AND I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF ACCOUNTING ... I HAVE HEARD THAT CAT PROVIDE STRONG BASE IN ACCOUNTING AND FOR BECOMING A PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANT . MANY PEOPLE TOLD ME ACCA REALLY TOUGH AND I AM LIKE A NEWBIE .. ACCA FIRST OR I SHOULD DO CAT FIRST ??? I NEED ADVISE WHICH OF THIS COURSE WILL PROVIDE ME A STRONG BASE ...IN PRACTICE FIELD .. I AM VERY MUCH CONFUSED BROTHERS

- suleman87 - 08-25-2010

HELLO ALL MEMBERS HERE HAPPY RAMADAN TO ALL MUSLIMS SPECIALLY ) I SHOULD COME TO THE POINT I HAVE NO IDEA OF COMMERCE I HAVE DONE SIMPLE BACHELORS IN SCIENCE FROM GOVERNMENT COLLEGE SUBJECTS MATHS COMPUTER SCIENCE AND PHYSICS 2 YEARS PROGRAM NOT 4 years HONS . I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN DOING ACCA I NEED PROFESSIONAL ADVICE SHOULD I GO STRAIGHT TO ACCA OR CAT ???? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE AND I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF ACCOUNTING ... I HAVE HEARD THAT CAT PROVIDE STRONG BASE IN ACCOUNTING AND FOR BECOMING A PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANT . MANY PEOPLE TOLD ME ACCA REALLY TOUGH AND I AM LIKE A NEWBIE .. ACCA FIRST OR I SHOULD DO CAT FIRST ??? I NEED ADVISE WHICH OF THIS COURSE WILL PROVIDE ME A STRONG BASE ...IN PRACTICE FIELD .. I AM VERY MUCH CONFUSED BROTHERS

- arsenal.gooner - 08-25-2010

aap bsc kar ke finance mein shift kyun hona chahrahay ho??

i dont think you should waste your time in CAT, start ACCA directly and study with concentration and commitment.. inshallah you will succeed. the first 3 papers are very easy so you wont have many problems there.. it would be a good enough foundation.

- suleman87 - 08-25-2010

THANK YOU SO MUCH GOD BLESS YOU ) YOU ARE A GREAT PERSON INDEED

- aimaad22 - 08-26-2010

Normally I advise people to go straight for ACCA and try to finish it within 2.5 years.

However as you have no accounting background I think it will be a better decision for you to do CAT first. It will give you strong foundations and help you in a lot of the ACCA exams as well.

In the end it depends on how much time and financial resources you can spare. If you work hard and clear papers in first attempts mostly, you can do CAT + ACCA in 3 years and ACCA alone in 2.5 years. The first option of course will be more expensive due to extra exam and tuition fees.

- suleman87 - 08-27-2010

TODAY I ATTENDED LECTURE OF TRIAL BALANCE T ACCOUNTING .. AND NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS .. I MEAN I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE IDEA THERE BUT COULDN'T SOLVE A SINGLE QUESTIONS .. BIG PROBLEMS FACING . KINDLY SUGGEST ME A SOLID PATH ,...

- arsenal.gooner - 08-27-2010

suleman.. why this sudden interest in ACCA?? why accounting of finance when you even did ur bsc..

- suleman87 - 08-28-2010

BECAUSE BROTHER MBA HAS VERY LESS FUTURE BENEFITS AND MAIN THING I DECIDED TO APPLY FOR ACCA IN UK KAPLAN COLLEGE BUT I DIDNT HAVE WHAT PREFERS THE MOST IN STUDENT VISA . U KNOW WHAT I MEAN BANK STATEMENT .. SO I DECIDED ME AND MY ONE CLASS MATE SHOULD TAKE ACCA ADMISSION HERE IN PAC .. PESHAWAR .. NOW I AM FACING PROBLEMS IN ACCA ... F3 THATS OUR STORY ..

- aimaad22 - 08-28-2010

Look, as for your comment on MBA, its not so simple. I know MBAs who are doing very well both career wise and financially. However it is true that these days there only MBAs from one or two universities in Pakistan that are held in high esteem.

As for your problem, it might comfort you to know that double entry system in the beginning gives problems to a lot of people. It took me a year of studying A level accounting before I fully grasped it. Thats why I suggested CAT for you. The only solution is to keep practicing questions. With time you should be able understand it. It wont happen overnight though, give it some time and keep trying.

- Fatima Rashid - 08-29-2010

Hey, I hv completed my CAT exams n hv started ACCA. I think u shud go for CAT as u hv no prior knowledge of accounting. CAT is easy, Inshallah if u work hard enuf, u wont hv any prblm n it will provide u with a strong basis of accounting. ACCA is not a child's game u knw, so u shud really hav a strong grasp of the basics before u start professional studies.
Regards.

- arsenal.gooner - 08-29-2010

i really dont know what all these advices are about.. i mean i have seen science students clear ICAP CA (many in first attempt).. to ACCA to bachcha hai yaar CA k muqaable..

my advice remains.. better go directly for ACCA.. spend more time studying before you give the first papers but dont waste your time and money in CAT

- suleman87 - 08-29-2010

AP SUB BROTHERS KA DIL SAY SHUKRIA BOHOT BOHOT SHUKRIA ) YOU GUYS ALWAYS BEEN SO KIND AND SUPPORTIVE ..

- aimaad22 - 08-29-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />i really dont know what all these advices are about.. i mean i have seen science students clear ICAP CA (many in first attempt).. to ACCA to bachcha hai yaar CA k muqaable..

my advice remains.. better go directly for ACCA.. spend more time studying before you give the first papers but dont waste your time and money in CAT
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You have a very black and white opinion on things, life is not so simple. Just because you have seen 'someone' doing CA easily does not mean everyone can. CAT exists for a reason, and its obvious that the person here is struggling with basic ACCA concepts.

Brother I dont know a about yourself but from the way you talk it seems to me you havent done any of these qualifications yourself and only speak from what you have heard from others and from rumors hearsay etc. Its only my opinion, please excuse me if Im wrong.

- suleman87 - 08-31-2010

aimaad22 YOU HAVE A SOLID POINT HERE ... I TOTALLY RESPECT UR THOUGHT .. AND LADY HERE WHO HAS ALREADY COMPLETED CAT TELLING US THAT SHE HAS JOINED ACCA .. AND COMPELLING ME TO JOIN CAT PAC PESHAWAR .. THANK YOU SO MUCH

- suleman87 - 10-04-2010

I JUST NEED TO ADD THAT ACCA IS GOING VERY ROUGH AND TOUGH FOR ME !! A SIMPLE STUDENT who HAS NO KNOWLEDGE OF ACCOUNTING !! I AM THINKING OF CHANGING MY COURSE HND FROM EDWARD COLLEGE PESHAWAR

http//www.edwardes.edu.pk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=79&Itemid=70

KINDLY HELP ME GUYS AND GIRLS !! ACCA NEEDS TOO MUCH STUDY AND I CANT DO IT !! I AM MORE IN TO MUSIC AND MOVIES !! NOT A BRAT BUT A SIMPLE ENTERTAINMENT LOVING GUY .. ONE MORE QUESTION IF I PASS F1 F2 F3 AND THEN JOIN HND MY QUESTION IS HOW MANY PAPERS EXEMPTION I WILL GET IN HND !!
BRIEF IDEA ABOUT HND ITS BENEFITS AND JOBS SPECIALLY JOBS OK !! I TRUST U ALL I BELIEVE IN U ALL