Accountancy Forum
Quote of the Day - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Quote of the Day (/showthread.php?tid=8701)

- Moamar Qazafi - 08-06-2011

People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates. ~Thomas Szasz

That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong.
~William J.H. Boetcker

The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all.
~Leo Rosten

The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story, and writes another. ~James Matthew Barrie

The one thing that matters is the effort. It continues, whereas the end to be attained is but an illusion of the climber, as he fares on and on from crest to crest; and once the goal is reached it has no meaning.
- Anonymous

- Moamar Qazafi - 08-08-2011

One needs something to believe in, something for which one can have whole-hearted enthusiasm. One needs to feel that one's life has meaning, that one is needed in this world.
- Hannah Senesh

When written in Chinese the word "crisis" is composed of two characters - one represents danger and the other represents opportunity. ~John F. Kennedy

What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new. Right now.

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do some-thing. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.
~Edward Everett Hale

“Never, never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill

Beware the fury of a patient man.
~John Dryden

We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way.

Without forgiveness life is governed by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation. ~Roberto Assagioli

A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
~Alexander Pope

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.
-John C. Maxwell