Accountancy Forum
CPA+CMA+CFM+ACCA: Become one of the most qualified - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CPA+CMA+CFM+ACCA: Become one of the most qualified (/showthread.php?tid=875)

Pages: 1 2

CPA+CMA+CFM+ACCA: Become one of the most qualified - ziaukhan - 05-29-2004

For the last one year we have been working extremely hard to design a business program which will make Pakistanis one of the most qualified professionals in the world. Our objective was that the program should give Pakistani students and professionals an opportunity to compete with the best in the world business graduates of Harvard, Stanford, Berkley, CPA’s from USA and CA’s from England etc. In addition our students should not just be trained in a way that they become familiar with US business practices (US GAAP) but also are equally comfortable with International, European Union, and Pakistani business practices (IFRS). Furthermore, the target was that the fee and timing of the program should be such that working professionals are able to attend the course. I think we have achieved all our goals, you be the judge I believe that we have been successful in developing a program which is unique in the world. The name of the new program is 4 in 1+1. The participants acquire the world’s most prestigious qualifications CPA, CMA, CFM, and ACCA, and an optional BS in Applied Accounting. The duration of the course is two years for students who are studying business for the first time and twenty-one months for business professionals. The class timing is such that working individuals are able to attend this course. The fee is Rs. 2,000 per month.

To summarize, the 4 in 1+1 program covers the entire course work of the best BBA and MBA programs in USA or UK but in much more detail. Also the exams are 10 times tougher ;-) Anyone can get an MBA if he or she has the money; therefore its value in the business world has decreased to the level of B.Com. CA and ICMAP are only recognized in Pakistan therefore its graduates are unable to compete in the global marketplace. Once you pass CPA/CMA/CFM/ACCA exams, due to the difficulty of these exams and there global nature you will join the elite of the business world Your credentials will be recognized the world over.

Before joining the 4 in 1+1 program be ready to work extremely hard. There will be professional level tests every week. Anyone who is not at par with the international standards will be removed from the program.

Currently, we have one problem we only have one teacher for this program, myself. As we move ahead more teachers are being trained, but this is the constraint right now. Therefore we are starting only one section each for Beginners and Advanced students. The capacity in these sections is extremely limited; therefore I suggest you get admission as soon as possible. The main dates are as follows

Admission Forms become available on June 1, 2004
Mass advertising campaign starts on June 13, 2004
Admission Tests start on June 14, 2004
Introductory Seminar on June 17, 2004 at 600 pm at Sir Syed University

Classes starting on June 20, 2004

The complete details of the program are provided at
http://http//finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ob-cma-cfm-cpa/files/
Go this URL and Download CMA-CFM-ACCA-CPA.doc

If you have a question or need more information on the program you are invited to the seminar that will be conducted by Mr. Zia U. Khan on June 17 at 600 pm. To register for the event please call 4800420-21. You can also ask questions online by registering at

http://http//groups.yahoo.com/group/ob-cma-cfm-cpa/

Zia Khan
Sir Syed University
Tel 4800420-21
Mobile 0300-826-3374

- imrans - 05-29-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
For the last one year we have been working extremely hard to design a business program which will make Pakistanis one of the most qualified professionals in the world. Our objective was that the program should give Pakistani students and professionals an opportunity to compete with the best in the world business graduates of Harvard, Stanford, Berkley, CPA’s from USA and CA’s from England etc. In addition our students should not just be trained in a way that they become familiar with US business practices (US GAAP) but also are equally comfortable with International, European Union, and Pakistani business practices (IFRS). Furthermore, the target was that the fee and timing of the program should be such that working professionals are able to attend the course. I think we have achieved all our goals, you be the judge I believe that we have been successful in developing a program which is unique in the world. The name of the new program is 4 in 1+1. The participants acquire the world’s most prestigious qualifications CPA, CMA, CFM, and ACCA, and an optional BS in Applied Accounting. The duration of the course is two years for students who are studying business for the first time and twenty-one months for business professionals. The class timing is such that working individuals are able to attend this course. The fee is Rs. 2,000 per month.

To summarize, the 4 in 1+1 program covers the entire course work of the best BBA and MBA programs in USA or UK but in much more detail. Also the exams are 10 times tougher ;-) Anyone can get an MBA if he or she has the money; therefore its value in the business world has decreased to the level of B.Com. CA and ICMAP are only recognized in Pakistan therefore its graduates are unable to compete in the global marketplace. Once you pass CPA/CMA/CFM/ACCA exams, due to the difficulty of these exams and there global nature you will join the elite of the business world Your credentials will be recognized the world over.

Before joining the 4 in 1+1 program be ready to work extremely hard. There will be professional level tests every week. Anyone who is not at par with the international standards will be removed from the program.

Currently, we have one problem we only have one teacher for this program, myself. As we move ahead more teachers are being trained, but this is the constraint right now. Therefore we are starting only one section each for Beginners and Advanced students. The capacity in these sections is extremely limited; therefore I suggest you get admission as soon as possible. The main dates are as follows

If you have a question or need more information on the program you are invited to the seminar that will be conducted by Mr. Zia U. Khan on June 17 at 600 pm. To register for the event please call 4800420-21. You can also ask questions online by registering at

Zia Khan
Sir Syed University
Tel 4800420-21
Mobile 0300-826-3374
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

- imrans - 05-29-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Zia Khan
Sir Syed University
Tel 4800420-21
Mobile 0300-826-3374
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Will a person need to go to the US for CPA exams or examinations will be conducted in Pakistan?

- farazthegreat - 05-29-2004

I know about the other qualifications, but can someone tell me what CFM is ??

- aamersikandar - 05-29-2004

Hi
I am already a CMA and ACCA. If I apply for the programme what exemtions are available to me. Secondly is their a unified test system or we have to individually appear in all papers. Thirdly since I am in multan, do we have a distance leaning system. Fourthly how shall we appear for CPA while in Pakistan. Fifthly will ICAP recognise it?

PLease answer

Thanks

Aamer Sikandar

- sumaaan - 05-30-2004

CPA exams are held in USA>... You will have to go there and appear for the exams...

CFM = Certified in Financial Management
CMA = Certified Management Accountant

Institute of Management Accountants (IMA www.imanet.org) is the body that regulates CFM and CMA.

- derivativetrader - 05-30-2004

Our objective was that the program should give Pakistani students and professionals an opportunity to compete with the best in the world business graduates of Harvard, Stanford, Berkley, CPA’s from USA and CA’s from England etc.

Mr Khan,

Would you please elaborate how exactly you are going to achieve your targets? You said that for business professionals, your programme is going to be 21 months long with tuition fee of Rs. 2000 per month. This adds up to Rs. 42000. If you are certain that your students can 'actually' compete with top-10 b-school's graduate then I am sure this is quite a good deal, as those programmes are not less than Rs. 6-7 million.

Regards,
DT

- derivativetrader - 05-30-2004

Anyone can get an MBA if he or she has the money; therefore its value in the business world has decreased to the level of B.Com.

What are you trying to say here? How can one compare an MBA with B.Com? Isn't the MBA a masters level programme wheras the B.Com stands for Bachelors in Commerce?

Also, when you are aiming to compete with Top Business Programmes, then you would also know that you will need atleast of 2-3 years of 'very strong' business exposure. Their Administrators are not going to even go down the application if the work experience requirement is not 'fully' met. OK, you may some odd cases, but generally you do need to meet their requirements fully.

So, the argument is that not 'anyone' can get the admission or complete the Top MBA programme upto the standards of top-business schools purily on the matter of their Bank Balances!!!

I don't know the value of MBA that whether it's actually equivalent to B.Com or not, but if we suppose it is then why our young blood is wasting not only their precious 1-2 years of time plus money that is going to be spent to finance such investment, when they could be exactly same better off while having only done the B.Com???
This isn't making any sense at all...

DT

- the_farhan - 05-31-2004

<font face='Verdana'>
salaaam all,
well, this announcement sounds, atleast to me, like marketing a new product to public. i m sorry for saying it, but this is how i feel.

i have some questions abt it.

firstly, the name of the program is not really professional-looking. "4 in 1+1" sounds like "2-in-1" offer or "combo-deal" of kfc. wht will a person tell to other ppl abt his course of study??? will he say"i m doing 4 in 1+1"???

secondly, how this package of FOUR world class qualifications b completed in just two years??? ACCA alone calls for atleast 3 years!!! i think two yrs is far too short a period, specially for the begining students!!! so this duration is unrealistic.

thirdly, how come a single teacher control all of these qualifications justifiably? i dont mean to offend mr. zia. but, even if it were ne other person in his place, my question would b the same.

lastly, without any personal contempt or bias for B.Comm, i must say, tht mba n b.comm r inappropriately compared. if mba were all tht worthless, then harvard, lse n other top class business schools would've given it up.

furthermore, pakistani job market is too immature to accomodate a person who holds such an awsome package of world-renowned qualification. it shall simply promote brain-drain.

i m sorry for venting out my views this way n i appologize if it hurts to nebody.

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

- AwaisSaleem - 06-03-2004

Salam....
Mr.Farhan.. i m agree with urz given resionz..u r right..Mr.Zia can not handdle this course alone..n i m also agree with u that how a man can do all these courses in 2 years ..strange..if it is possible then nobody should wait ..if Mr.Zi gives any Guarentee to their stdents..this is also noteable that Mr Zia wants to choose those student those r extra genious...hmmmmmm..let's c what will be the result..n i can olny do pray that Allah give success those pplz thise r going to join this course....
sorry 4 anything that hurts any 1.
Allah Hafiz

M.A.Saleem.

- faisal the gr8 - 06-04-2004

that programs cordinator is zia khan in sir syed university
can i ask one question that 3 yaers ago u started a program naming it operation badar n made so many people fool by advertising that u r doing it with a veri nominal fee.
you were supposed to made so many java certified professinal
in pakistan so many innocent people including me joined that program which also cost Rs 2000 n there were a class room of around 100 students in which no one could understand any thing u made alot of money by that program by having around 10 batches( classes were held only on sunday) n now it seems that u r entering in the field of accounts n finance by claiming so many big words
to get one qualifiaction now a days is a big acheivemnt u r talking about 4 simultaneousely
it can be ur wish full thinking

- Tiger - 06-06-2004

Well I am very sorry on FARHAN"s Reply...
Mr.Farhan sahab u have no right to point out some one like that especialy at the INTERNET FORUM...so be carefull next time...

Yeah He started the program 2 years ago and who said it was unsuccessfull,it was a big success.BadarSoft,Unisoft,BIT & others are the prove of the success...

2 years ago other insitute were charging more then 30K just to teach JAVA...Well u said u gave Rs.2000/- and there were huge crowd and he made money,Dear he was paying Rs.1500/per hour to teachers and Rs.700/- per hour to TA'S..so how can he make money?..

I also joined badar 2 years ago and as for as my concern i enjoyed and learn a lot....They Teached BEst JAVA ....

There is a free seminar on 17th june at sir syed ,u all please come and let fight on all of ur questions ....

VIJAY KUMAR MAGHNANI

VIJAY KUMAR MAGHNANI
MBA-SZABIST
Cell#0333-2268115

- kris - 06-06-2004

Great marketing stunt.
On the one hand the marketer is saying big words on the other hand they have only one instructor (himself).
Undermining ICMAP and ICAP position/value internationally is big bluff. These both institutions are well reputable not only in Middle East but also in EU and USA. I, myself, have friends working in USA with certification from ICMAP and ICAP.
Ironically, these four certifications (CPA, CFM, CMA, ACCA) are being used to promote marketer MBA program. IMA took very big U turn in their examination contents and procedures; on the other hand to sit in CPA we should have to meet the criteria which is not easy to obtain instead more complicated. I am very sorry to say that the writer himself doesn’t know GAAP understanding as GAAP stands for generally accepted accounting principal, it is the expression can use even for IAS. This is generic term can be used for any accounting standards so the GAAP used in USA is SFAS issued by FASB.
We don’t have to undermine our certifications i.e. CA and CMA from ICMAP. These are two proud institutions which are heavily recognized by every big accounting society. If you are the member of ICMAP or ICAP, you can have 50 to 75 percent exemption almost every accounting society from SMA to CGA.
I would like to point out one more things. If said MBA program is really worthwhile then how it will be possible to person to sit in IMA’s CMA, as they have specific requirement to get registered for exam almost just like AICPA. What about experience?
SFAS and IAS are really quite different so how this MBA program will give the understanding to the student about their differences.
Fees are too much.
As per ACCA is concern we have other very much learning opportunities available.
I don’t want to be a detractor. I just feel something and I write it down. However, please consider my points while choosing any MBA program.
Regards,

kris

- the_farhan - 06-07-2004

Well I am very sorry on FARHAN"s Reply...
dear Tiger, thnx for contribution ). but i think ur reply addresses to "faisal the gr8" instead of me. plz chk his post in the end of page#1. i have not pin-pointed ne1 n i said nothing abt JAVA or operation badar etc.

FARHAN

- sumaaan - 06-07-2004

I personally know Mr.Zia Khan and that was the reason why I was refraining from posting here...

He is a very hardworking man who likes to exploit opportunities and spread their awareness... However, there are places where I think he might be wrong...

He's promoting this a bit too fast... He should first seek to get teachers, assign proper batches and then move on with it... This might prove to be very insecure when considering students' careers...

Secondly, by aiming to triumph over ICAP and ICMAP is obviously something that cannot be done in ten or twenty years... ICAP and ICMAP are recognized in majority of major countries (if not the whole world), and CAs have proven to be very competent...

Another thing that should be noted down is that CPA is pretty different from CA... We have the same requirement and procedure of examinations and work experience for CA all over Pakistan... This is however not the case with CPA... Each state has a different requirement for it... Some states don't even have work experience requirements for it... This is what undermines the competence level of CPA...

Saying that B.com and MBA are at the same level is something that can never be justified... You see there's always going to be a difference between graduates from IBA/LUMS and Preston.

That's only my opinionn... It is subject to disagreements and agreements from everyone... I wish to point out that I still respect Sir Zia Khan very much because of his efforts and how he has served to improve education of our country.