Accountancy Forum
Which subjects should I take in module C? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Which subjects should I take in module C? (/showthread.php?tid=8753)

Which subjects should I take in module C? - usmanafzal72 - 09-17-2010

For next 6 months i want to take 2 subjects from module C.Two subjects from module B are also pending.FA1 and IEF.I think i can handle just 4 subjects.
More biased towards FA2 but choosing 2nd one is confusing.Tax or BCOB.
Most of the members here are senior and have studied these subjects.
Which combination do you think is best for me???the one i can easily manage to revise near exams..

- VITAL - 09-17-2010

Just few days back you were asking about CA after FSc and now you are in module C.

- 786ali - 09-17-2010

dear brother
u should go for tax it is much easier then bcbs

- usmanafzal72 - 09-17-2010

Vital

that was my cousin.he found that forum quite interesting so asked me to put that question.
i also did fsc pre-medical but it was in last year.
however that question question was also valid for me.because after an unsuccessful attempt in medical i cleared module A.after that again appeared in entrance test and prepared for module B.2nd failure to get into medical left me only with business field.

It was quite difficult to decide between BBA and CA.now i am back to CA and not contented with just 2 subjects.i also want to take 2 subjects from module C.which two you'll recommend?

- VITAL - 09-18-2010

If you clear four subjects in March attempt then you will have five subjects for September attempt (4 of D and 1 of C).

How will you manage that???

You have total 9 subjects and different options

“3 subjects in each next 3 attempts” is a light option.
“4 subjects in one attempt and 5 in other” can be very hard.

So it all depends on you. For lighter option choose FA and for hard one choose FA and Tax

- aamalik - 09-18-2010

Yeah Usman, u vil have to break the 9 papers into 3 portions 2 wont be very viable...
Now, its ur decision if u want to break up the later 5, which will give u chion for 1 contigency too

Regards,

- usmanafzal72 - 09-19-2010

Both of you are right.
I should go for lighter option.
But the only thing that hinders me is that I'll lose opportunity to complete D in 2 years.Which I think is very much preferable when u apply in Big4 for training.
what do you say about it?

- VITAL - 09-21-2010

Yes, students who do CA-inter in first attempt are given preference but it does not mean that they are subject to automatic selection. You will have to present yourself very well in the interview.
You can find details in many other threads.

- petercrouch - 09-24-2010

Choose tax

- usmanafzal72 - 09-24-2010

thanx Vital and Petercrouch..
tax is having more votes and I am going for it.

- VITAL - 09-24-2010

Best of Luck