Accountancy Forum
Test at A.F.F and Co Islamabad - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Test at A.F.F and Co Islamabad (/showthread.php?tid=8812)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- A.A - 10-08-2010

@raza123Thanks!
@Namia BeeraI am from Peshawar so you definitely don't know me.N no,I was too late last time,the application process was already over in AFF n FRSH so I waited for this session.

- arshad15 - 10-18-2010

???????????????????????????

- bilalazim1 - 10-19-2010

does any one have an idea about when theyll start calling for interview?

- A.A - 10-20-2010

AFF has started calling people for 1st interviews from today(exactly 2 weeks after test as Sir Ajmal said).I called and asked him.

- bilalazim1 - 10-20-2010

they usuly call after 5pm lets see fingers crossed

- arshad15 - 10-22-2010

aaj hogya mera interview. It was a session of about 25 minutes. It was really awesome.
Questions asked were

Biggest challenge you are facing?
any disagreement with parents/family?
measurement of inventories and formulae allowed by IAS 2?
whats 9 % of 300 and then immediately whats of 310?
how will you manage studies while there is late sitting, work at weekends?
are you interested in politics? who should be our leader?
do you read paper? tell me some yesterdays news?
what is deferred tax liability? give example.
substance over form with example.
related party transactions and IAS requirements of disclosure.
what are your skills which differentiate u from others?
whats ur favorite subject in CA?
what do u do in your spare time?
where are you from?

... and some more questions which i dont remember.
At the end, they asked me if i have any questions. i asked what would be next? they said there will be a 2nd interview for which you will be intimated through phone.
Thank God, Boht khushgawaar mood mai yeh simple sa interview howa and it really ended well and i answered confidently all the questions. I am hopefull and praying to Allah.
<b>Wish you guys too best of luck.</b>

- bilalazim1 - 10-22-2010

thx arshad tht was helpful..
is there any thing specific related to interviewer u would like to share like interviewer's attitude towards u or what they r actually judging about u...
my interview is on monday.

- arshad15 - 10-22-2010

Interviewers' attitude was friendly. They dont pressurize someone unnecessarily.
For your information, there were two interviewers; a lady and a male. They introduced themselves at the start of the interview but i cant remember their names.

- A.A - 10-22-2010

Interview at AFF is being taken this time by 2 very friendly and nice people,Ma'am Shehrzade and a Sir with a little black beard.They
are generally asking about 3 questions on accounting standards from each candidate.People were asked stuff like taxable temporary
differences,accounting estimates and policies,related parties,intangible asssets,capitalisation of borrowing costs etc.The major focus is on personal questions,about you and hobbies predominantly.Duration of interview is between 15 minutes-35 minutes.Good luck!

- A.A - 10-29-2010

I called AFF today really late and the operator told me that the 1st interviews are finished and the process of shortlisting for 2nd interviews will now begin.Good luck everyone!
@bilalazim1How did your interview go?You didn't describe it...

- aimaad22 - 10-29-2010

Yeah good luck everyone!

Seems strange a few months back I was in the same situation and desperate for interview calls )

Wish you all the best AA!

- A.A - 10-29-2010

Thanks alot aimaad22.Yeah that shows you how fast time flies and your perspective changes.Now you guys would probably be worried about meeting deadlines,finishing daily tasks,coping with hectic routine and a year later,about Module E exams inshallah.I usually read the threads in which we all participated 6 months ago the day before tests or interviews.I Day Notice is 6 pages long but it and a few others are so helpful that I have made notepad documents out of it to read off-line.Hope training is going according to your expectations and CA study is manageable too.Thanks.

- A.A - 10-29-2010

Final interviews starting from 230pm tomorrow for everyone.Pray alot for all of us.Good luck!

- Pragmatic_Rebel - 10-29-2010

Yikes!!! it means that i m the first one then....

sir haider abbas,a partner is taking the interview...What to expect a technical interview or not..i have no clue...[(]

- Namia Beera - 10-30-2010

hey rebel........ i got now... who are you............
youuuuuu DUFFER ahhhahahahh i caught u [P]