Accountancy Forum
Test at A.F.F and Co Islamabad - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Test at A.F.F and Co Islamabad (/showthread.php?tid=8812)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- ANI - 10-31-2010

A.A thanx 4 guidance.nd best wishes 4 ur interview's result.Don't worry. but tell me about frsh and Aff too.is there any chance 4 me in Aff nd frsh after qualifying inter in 5 attempts? I mean what iz d selection criteria? all paperz shud be qualified in 1st attempt? how many attempts did u take in inter? piz tell me about it.

- Namia Beera - 10-31-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pragmatic_Rebel</i>
<br />an intern at Aff who also had er interview today....

i dont kno abt that,i guess will find out eventually....n About the list i have no clue...

Hers went good too
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

you LIARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............. i told u the no. of students [(!]
and i am not internee [^]

- Pragmatic_Rebel - 10-31-2010

lol@ Namia [p]

i was jst referring to the primary source ... [p] with no intention whatsoever of taking credit and discrediting the intermediate party...Chill [p] [p]

@Ani
what is ur mfc??

If AFF calls in the next week, does ths mean the selected ppl are gona b joining sometym b4 the result??nd What if they secure 1 or 2 refs ...then what????

- A.A - 11-01-2010

@bilalazim1Truly sorry to hear that they made you feel bad.But perhaps they were asking technical questions because they were interested.I don't know,I am in 2 minds myselfdoes not asking technical questions mean that they aren't interested in you so wouldn't bother or does it mean that they had already decided on 1st interview basis and knew you were good?Keep your hopes up or rather pray alot.They also had my test marks in front of them though I didn't observe if they had the test,I was busy watching their faces.And they said that my corporate and audit marks weren't that good.I gave reasons and then conversation drifted elsewhere.Anyway,since both types of interviews have taken place,I hope and pray that at least all of us on this thread and especially the people I have become familiar with in person during this whole process get through and make the final cut.
@ANIThanks.If you are from Islamabad,you can't try applying to AFF n FRSH now because it's too late as I know from experience(I was too late for these firms last time).If you intend applying to Lahore,AFF's process hasn't started over there yet,and I think most other firms of Lahore are slower too compared to Islamabad and Karachi.And your chances depend on their criteria.AFF Isb strictly follows it,FRSH Isb doesn't(but I think you need to have a reference to circumvent the criteria).I am saying this because officially FRSH Isb had eligibility for MFC 15 and higher only,quite strict compared to others but when I was given a sheet(for signing and mentioning MFC #),I saw the names and signatures of quite a few candidates of MFC 13 and 14.And selection criteria keeps changing according to circumstances but most prefer recent batches with majority papers passed.By Inter in 5 attempts you mean C and D or the whole A-D?It's been 1.5 years since I started Mod C so I guess that makes it 3 attempts for inter;if you meant overall,then A-D has taken 5 attempts(I am waiting for result of 1 paper of D).Good luck!

- A.A - 11-01-2010

@pragmatic_rebelHey you know about the convertible and non-convertible internships!I hadn't known about that before yesterday.Anyway,I don't think that AFF will tell anybody to immediately join from the next day of the call.Last time they had told people if they were selected at the end of the final interview and given them joining date of 15 days later.So I guess in our case too result will be before the joining date.And your reason for mentioning the primary source was to lend greater credibility to your claimWink
@Namia BeeraI have read that your interview went good but did they ask you any technical questions?And what was the duration of your interview?

- ANI - 11-01-2010

OK. i told u details. my English was exempt.i qualified QM in 1st attempt. in module B I Qualified M.LAW and economics in 1st attempt bt there was a referal in financial accounting. next module i attempted 4 papers (FA1, FA2, Tax and Business communication) 4m which 3 were qualified and referal in tax. now in dis module i attempted 5 papers (4 of D nd tax). now i'm w8ng 4 results. i hope i'll qualify 4 papers insha ALLAH. bt honestly i'm afraid of cost accounting. unfortunately i attempted it v.poorly. due 2 dis i'm thinking dat i'll hav 2 take 5th attempt in inter ( from A TO D).

Now what do u say? i'm 4m Lahore. what do u mean by mfc? i couldn't understand.

A.A r u starting internship on foundation basis?

- A.A - 11-02-2010

@ANIWow!Apart from your English exemption(mine wasn't),your results have been identical to mine including the refers in subjects!MFC means ICAP batch number(mentioned on your ICAP registration card),mine is 16 and yours must be 17,the most recent batch.Good for you!Though I hope you pass all 5 so that you can start articleship.And since you are from Lahore,you can apply in AFF and others too.Regularly or rather daily check the following AFF's website and apply once the application form for Lahore is uploaded.
http//www.affco.com.pk/stumain.aspx

And also call the KPMG,Deloitte n FRSH to ask if and when you can apply.KPMG had one form for all cities whose last date was in September but their process is ongoing and will probably really start for CA candidates after result so you can call and ask them.Can you start internship on foundation basis?I am not a graduate so I am hoping and praying that I'll clear my Audit paper and start my articleship.If somebody is neither a CA Inter nor a graduate and is selected by one of the Big 4,the 6 month training is considered to be internship and is not part of official 3 years of articleship.So pray for me please.

- ANI - 11-02-2010

GOOD. And best of luk.hoping 4 d best. i'm not graduate nd i want to start articles on inter basis.pray 4 my result 2 plzzzzzz. do u think any refernce is necessary? or selection is either on d basis of results, tests r interviews?

- Pragmatic_Rebel - 11-02-2010

all i know is convertible internships r given to ppl who pass 2 interviews but somehow fail the papers .... but i guess it depends on ur merit no on the list or somethng cuz if i remember correctly 3 ppl got convertible internship last year at AFF....

- bilalazim1 - 11-03-2010

guys any idea abt when should we expect a call for slected candidates??

- Pragmatic_Rebel - 11-03-2010

Anytime ths week...

- Pragmatic_Rebel - 11-03-2010

@ANi
No reference is not neccessary..U just need to do good in the induction test and the interviews ....

- aamalik - 11-03-2010

Salam all... forgive the bizarre question but what if one applies in both AFF & Co Isb & Lhr