Accountancy Forum
Test at A.F.F and Co Islamabad - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Test at A.F.F and Co Islamabad (/showthread.php?tid=8812)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- arshad15 - 11-04-2010

I dont know what went wrong with me. I am not called. -(

- A.A - 11-05-2010

Really sorry to hear that.You said that your interview had gone really well and I am sure you were right because people don't greatly misjudge others' reactions to them.Maybe it had something to do with the number of your passed CA papers.If they were less eg 2 papers passed in Inter or something,then even with a great interview others would probably have a bit of an edge.But this is pure conjecture.Why don't you call one of your first interviewers and try to make them disclose the reason/any weaknesses so you can improve upon them for the rest of Big 4?That's what I had planned to do and would have done if faced with this situation.If you are politely insistent,they will give you some clues.Best of luck and don't lose hope.It would eventually turn out to be the best thing for you though right now it seems a big disappointment.

- Nauman - 11-05-2010

Congratulations to all those who got selected.

- arshad15 - 11-05-2010

@ A.A.. I think u r right. I have only two papers clear of CA inter. Thanks.

- ANI - 11-05-2010

CONGRATS TO ALL OF U A.A & PRAGMETIC RABEL & OTHERS ALSO WHO ARE SELECTED. PLEASE PRAY 4 ME NOW.

- bilalazim1 - 11-06-2010

oh im sory for u arshad but dont lose hope u still got 3 shots kpmg ey and delloit ull make it into one

- A.A - 11-06-2010

@ANI and NaumanThank you.I'll pray for you ANI.
@arshad15Welcome.blialazim1 is right.Also there was this guy at the 2nd interview who had been training at KPMG for the past 6 months(he hadn't applied to AFF last time because he had only 2 papers passed in Inter but had qualified all remaining 5 papers when result came)and he said that if he got selected at AFF,he'd leave KPMG even though there was a lot of work and consequently,he learned alot.It was just that,in his opinion,AFF gave more time to trainees for studies.So insha'allah you too will get into a big 4 firm.All have their own merits.

- bilalazim1 - 11-08-2010

did any one get a call frm FRSH coz aparently they arnt callin candidates who hav been slected in AFF..

- saadleo - 11-08-2010

Well I also got selected and the joining date is from 22nd of Nov.. i am just really curious about my result(Module D) since the permanency of our induction is based upon that.

- saadleo - 11-08-2010

Most of us(those selected in ferguson) were called by FRSH for the 1st interview, and since most of them(including me) didn't told about the fact of being inducted in ferguson already; they recommended us for the second interview which is to be occured on Tuesday.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bilalazim1</i>
<br />did any one get a call frm FRSH coz aparently they arnt callin candidates who hav been slected in AFF..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

- bilalazim1 - 11-08-2010

no wories saadleo u will stay at the firm but will only get the contract after passing the exams, till thn ull be at internship.
well i didnt get a call for first interview frm frsh and im disappointed at tht but also i dont care as im already in ferguson nw joining 22 nov

- saadleo - 11-08-2010

@BILAL AZIM

Bro are u sure that your result doesnt affects ur induction?

and yeah FRSH doesnt matter once u are already up for the ferguson, i would rather say that FRSH gave me really bad impression after i had to wait 4.5 hrs for my turn to be an interviewee.. i was called at 1245 where as my turn came about at 0500

- bilalazim1 - 11-09-2010

yeah sir ajmal kasab told ths to a candidate when we were called for doc submission and me as an acca will ha a probation period of 2 months imposed by icap before i get a contract, during tht time ill register with icap

- saadleo - 11-10-2010

well i heard the same thing from a friend of mine.. Thanks bilal, you actually confirmed that!

- Namia Beera - 11-11-2010

SAAD, BILAL, PRAGMETIC and A.A i will join you guys on 22nd... it will be fun wowwwwwwwwwwww