Accountancy Forum
plz help me about acma / cima - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: plz help me about acma / cima (/showthread.php?tid=8842)

plz help me about acma / cima - Raqib Naqvi - 09-28-2010

<b>salam all members ,

I want to do acma but as it is very difficult to pass so one of my friend who is also doing acma told me that first i should do cima because cima is much much easier as compared to the acma and there is a exemptions for cima qualified students in acma for 18 papers out of 21.

so plz any one can help me? is cima really much much easier as compared to acma , should i do cima first ? and i m not a hardwoking student.</b>

- S.A.Shamsi - 09-28-2010

Walaikum Assalam
First of all welcome to the forum.
I think you want to say Acma from ICMAP as both are known as ACMA whether its from CIMA or ICMAP.
As for your question,
The papers of ICMAP are very easy as compared to CIMA ,its the marks schemming thats the problem because it is poor, less people passes the papers in ICMAP or some people also say its quota system but in my personal opinion it depends on student's own skills and hardwork,I know some people whom have cleared papers in ICMAP in first attempt.As for CIMA is easier from ICMAP, thats rubbish the papers of CIMA are very tough as compared to ICMAP (I compared them myself).I know lots of people that are doing CIMA for past many years (3 or 4 years) but still not able to clear second level, then how can one say CIMA is easy.
Secondly if you have done CIMA then why would you go for ICMAP as CIMA is far more recognised around the world as compared to ICMAP. (Not underminning ICMAP) It would be just like going for inferior thing after having superior.I know many qualified members of ICMAP whom are working at good positions, going for CIMA.That is enough to support my above argument.
If you have any further query, feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

- Raqib Naqvi - 09-30-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by S.A.Shamsi</i>
<br />Walaikum Assalam
First of all welcome to the forum.
I think you want to say Acma from ICMAP as both are known as ACMA whether its from CIMA or ICMAP.
As for your question,
The papers of ICMAP are very easy as compared to CIMA ,its the marks schemming thats the problem because it is poor, less people passes the papers in ICMAP or some people also say its quota system but in my personal opinion it depends on student's own skills and hardwork,I know some people whom have cleared papers in ICMAP in first attempt.As for CIMA is easier from ICMAP, thats rubbish the papers of CIMA are very tough as compared to ICMAP (I compared them myself).I know lots of people that are doing CIMA for past many years (3 or 4 years) but still not able to clear second level, then how can one say CIMA is easy.
Secondly if you have done CIMA then why would you go for ICMAP as CIMA is far more recognised around the world as compared to ICMAP. (Not underminning ICMAP) It would be just like going for inferior thing after having superior.I know many qualified members of ICMAP whom are working at good positions, going for CIMA.That is enough to support my above argument.
If you have any further query, feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<b>brother thanks alot for your reply.
brother you have knowledge about these propessional digress and i m totaly "JAHIL" about it but i have some doubts about your post which i want to clear first of all i m not asking about the deficulty level of the papers of icma and cima , may be icma papers are very easy as compare to cima but as you mention there is a quota system in icma which makes it difficult to pass . the question in my mind is that the passing ratio of icma is 3% to 5% (i m not sure about it) while cima has 45% to 67% passing ratio so is't it show that icma is difficult to pass as compare to cima.?

thanx again for your reply.</b>

- Raqib Naqvi - 09-30-2010

here is the link of cima results of may 2009.

http//www1.cimaglobal.com/en-gb/About-us/Press-office/Press-releases/Press-releases-2009/July/CIMA-publishes-its-May-2009-exam-results/

- S.A.Shamsi - 10-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Raqib Naqvi</i>

brother you have knowledge about these propessional digress and i m totaly "JAHIL" about it but i have some doubts about your post which i want to clear first of all i m not asking about the deficulty level of the papers of icma and cima , may be icma papers are very easy as compare to cima but as you mention there is a quota system in icma which makes it difficult to pass . the question in my mind is that the passing ratio of icma is 3% to 5% (i m not sure about it) while cima has 45% to 67% passing ratio so is't it show that icma is difficult to pass as compare to cima.?

Dear Raqib,its not about anyone is "JAHIL" ,its just about ones lack of experience & information in a particular field.I was same as you before my experience in ICMAP & CImA.
Now coming back to your question, YES the passing ratio is low in ICMAP (not as much as you have mentioned) while its better in CImA, its not because of syllabus or level of education in ICMAP ,its because of poor marks schemming (lacks in paper checking), out of syllabus papers, not good teaching & above all its due to quota system.However, it also depends on student himself as one person at senior position in ICMAP used to say that most of students come in ICMAP are ones who don't get admission anywhere else or are not good in studies, that also makes passing ratio low in ICMAP.
In the end if you want to start CImA then ALLAH ka naam lo aur start karo & after completing CImA you don't need to go for ICMAP as I told you before, CImA is far more recognised than ICMAP.Remember one thing nothing is easy, everything needs hardwork specially when you talk about Professional Qualifications (includes all ACCA,CA,ICMAP,CImA etc) its understood that you have to work really hard.

Regards

- Raqib Naqvi - 10-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Dear Raqib,its not about anyone is "JAHIL" ,its just about ones lack of experience & information in a particular field.I was same as you before my experience in ICMAP & CImA.
Now coming back to your question, YES the passing ratio is low in ICMAP (not as much as you have mentioned) while its better in CImA, its not because of syllabus or level of education in ICMAP ,its because of poor marks schemming (lacks in paper checking), out of syllabus papers, not good teaching & above all its due to quota system.However, it also depends on student himself as one person at senior position in ICMAP used to say that most of students come in ICMAP are ones who don't get admission anywhere else or are not good in studies, that also makes passing ratio low in ICMAP.
In the end if you want to start CImA then ALLAH ka naam lo aur start karo & after completing CImA you don't need to go for ICMAP as I told you before, CImA is far more recognised than ICMAP.Remember one thing nothing is easy, everything needs hardwork specially when you talk about Professional Qualifications (includes all ACCA,CA,ICMAP,CImA etc) its understood that you have to work really hard.

Regards
[/quote][/quote]
<b>
thanks dear your kind replies realy helped me to understand the both qualifications , and as you are cooperative i want to ask some more questions [D] hope we will note mind.

the question i want to ask is that the cima UK is giving a special exemptions( 5 papers of cetificate level) to the person who register in cima in between 1 OCT to 31 oct or 15 november if they have clear B.com (even two year). I have clear my B com (two years) so i want to ask that should i take these exemptions? and due to these exemtion there would be any difficulty for me while starting the next level because i did't read the basic of cima qualification?

the reason i want to do acma after cima is , i think in pakistan the value or acma is more than then value of cima and most probbabaly i would stay in pakistan .</b>

- wmahmooood - 10-27-2010

I think this might be of some help for you guys
http//www.online-home-jobs.com/2402.html

- Usmaaan - 06-21-2011

@ raqib . so wt did u decide ?