Accountancy Forum
How to Prepare for Law B5 Paper of ICAP - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: How to Prepare for Law B5 Paper of ICAP (/showthread.php?tid=8859)

How to Prepare for Law B5 Paper of ICAP - salman13 - 09-30-2010

Asalamulikum,

I want to ask that how should i study for B5 Mercentile Law paper for spring 2011 attempt?

looking forward for comment from Seniors

Allah hafiz
Salman Yousuf

- aamalik - 10-01-2010

Salman, go for Kucchel's book and solve last 6 attempts as you near examinations. U can also refer to bare acts (if) you wish to. For Trust Act and Legal System u will have to study either Study Text or PC Tulsian

Best of Luck

- salman13 - 10-02-2010

Asalmaulikum, thanks for reply

looking for others to reply

- noman - 10-02-2010

yeah..MC kuchhal is very good..it requires you to have good understanding of english...for local laws you can study any pakistani book..

- A.A - 10-03-2010

Woa!For law,you must both understand the laws and be able to retain the important points in each Act.For this you need to be really active in class,clarify your concepts and argue with the teacher about the points of law(pretend that you are a lawyer) so that you understand both sides to a case and the judge's ruling.The cases in papers should be solved neatly.Mention "Principle Involved" first,then your "Reasoning" and lastly "Conclusion" even if it's a 2 mark case.Examiners are interested in your reasoning,not conclusion.
Half of the paper is theory.For example you'll get questions like "What are the essentials of a valid offer?" and it they will be around 7 marks.Now if your concepts are clear,you'll be able to solve a case on an offer but in a theory question like this,unless you mention at least 7 points of the essentials,you won't get full marks.Write as much as you can to help you remember.Write in your own words but include all the main points.
We used Kucchel's book for everything except legal system,trust,and carriage of goods by sea for which we used PBP.When you are starting prep,first of all perfect Trust and Carriage of Goods portion because it's only a few pages but worth about 15 Marks.Read exam comments too.

- salman13 - 10-04-2010

Jazak Allah A.A & Noman for ur help,

One thing is it necessary that to Quote exact Section in papers? & to mention section number in answer? Where should i practice case study from for exams?

looking forward for your help

- A.A - 10-05-2010

Thanks.No you really don't have to quote sections or write section numbers.N kuchell's case studies are more than enough.ICAP mostly uses those for paper n just changes the names of the parties.eg in our paper,we got a bailment of jewellery case from the exercise of the bailment chapter with the difference that the name of the bailor was changed to Mehreen.

- wmahmooood - 10-27-2010

I think this might be of some help for you

http//www.online-home-jobs.com/2402.html

- cowsgonemadd - 11-17-2010

Well as ya'll know the result came out today and ALHAMDOLILLAH I cleared CA foundation in my first attempt.

I'll share with you how I tackled Law.

- Didn't touch tulsian or any other study text - Everything straight from the belly of the beast itself (BARE ACT)
- Left out negotiable D (NOT RECOMMENDED THOUGH)

That's all. If you can memorize the bare act completely and at the same time understanding what the law means, you will pass INSHALLAH
Because 95% of ICAP'S paper can be answered with one section or the other. Someone above asked if it is necessary to quote section number or not. The answer is NO it is not. If it was pass rate would of been 0%!
ALL You gotta do is put something like this "According to the relevant provisions of the bla bla act" ....

Hope it helps.
Feel free to PM me or post if you or anyone else has any questions about module B accounts and LAW.