Accountancy Forum
ICAEW qualified opportunities in Pakistan - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ICAEW qualified opportunities in Pakistan (/showthread.php?tid=911)

Pages: 1 2

- sumaaan - 06-27-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Not exactly true!! Have you ever seen the houses in North London, particularly near the Hamstead Area - they are proper family houses.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Yup!... But not as big as the ones in Pakistan, and yeah they're just TOO EXPENSIVE!

- derivativetrader - 06-27-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
just a query for anyone who has been to london. im a equity research analyst here in khi and want to goto london to gain some good experience as well as money. howz the job mrkt in london for a person like me dun mba in finance last yr and doin cfa?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

If your work experience is from a multinational or big four, that would certainly count a lot...

Secondly, getting work permit is the main thing... You get a work permit, problem solved!... The rest is upto you how you mould your place there.

Ceiga,

Its not that simple to get the job in the IB sector as has been put by Sumaaan. I agree that the biggest problem is to get the workpermit itself, but to get even the interview wouldn't be that easy task either.

I understand that you are an MBA graduate and have some years of ER experience. Its quite shame really that if your MBA programme is not one of those top 10 world MBA's then you have more or less virtually no chance to even be called for an interview. The IB sector of London, likewise of NYC, only hire the best of the cream, with only the exception that you have a blood relation with one of the MD.

With your background, you could be considered for an Analyst programme, but personally, if you have really those 2 aims that you outlined in your post, I don't think even one of them would be accomplished.

Take one at a time, you said that you want to come to London to get some good work experience. I'm afraid you won't get it at Analyst level - as I said earlier that Analyst level position may be best suited to your credentials.
The second one was about money. Analysts these days usually make anything between £30k to £40k as base, out of which you would have to pay tax, NI, rent, bills and other small contributions. At the end of the day, you would be required to work atleast 70-90 hrs a week and if you see it that way, then the money you get at analyst level is not worth that much hassle, in my point atleast. You may burn out within couple of months, that's another a major possibility for analysts these days.

For more information regarding vaccancies and recruitment cycle, you could visit the bank's websites. They have virtually all the information that you would need for recruitment purposes, amongst many others.

Good luck.

DT

- derivativetrader - 06-27-2004

Not exactly true!! Have you ever seen the houses in North London, particularly near the Hamstead Area - they are proper family houses.

Yup!... But not as big as the ones in Pakistan, and yeah they're just TOO EXPENSIVE!

Come on.... Look at the size of UK too. Its probably half the size of Paki Land.. Also, those houses aren't that expensive - if you compared them with earning powers......